MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 18048 Kyo Kusanagi vs. General M. Bison

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 181

084f0f4cc08ade4119bffb000a572de2.jpg.3a1126f0f711649c3c9f5d707c2f1f5b.jpg

The old assassin, Gen, seamlessly transitioned from his defensive Mantis style to his offensive Crane style to try and take down the brazenly confident Ash Crimson. (REF: GEN VS. ASH CRIMSON) Unfortunately for Gen, the young and spry Ash was able to avoid his techniques while simultaneously tagging Gen with green fire projectiles. Still the tough Chinese fighter persisted. 

On the other end of the fight it soon became clear to Ash that if he wanted to put Gen down for good he would have to do it up close. Ash was wary of getting entangled in a hand to hand fight after witnessing Gen’s deadly skill so he thought of an alternate approach. He immersed himself in his own emerald flame giving him a green glow that acted as both a shield from attack and a temporary energy boost. Utilizing this energy boost, Ash performed four consecutive Nivose flip kicks burning Gen with emerald flames with each hit. He then hit Gen with a twirling Floreal kick to knock the assassin back. Ash conjured up arrows of green fire and shot them at Gen. After a few of the arrows made contact they turned into a green tornado of fire that engulfed Gen and rendered him immobile and unconscious.

Ash wiped some blonde hair away from his eyes and exhaled. “Now that that is over with, where was I.” He turned his attention back to the prone body of the legendary hero king, Algol.

Ash phased his hand into Algol’s chest to steal the power of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge away from him. The surge of power was initially overwhelming for Ash and he pulled his hand back out, newly concerned that he wouldn’t be able to control such power. For the first time, Ash wondered if he had the right plan.

Ash’s internal debate was interrupted by his phone ringing. Usually he would simply ignore it, but on the other end was the one person he would always make time for.

“Ash!”

“I’m a little occupied right now,” Bettie,” Ash complained.

“Ash, this is an emergency,” Elizabeth announced. “Orochi has been revived.” 

“What?”

“Chizuru reached out to me and told me all about it,” Elizabeth explained.

“Isn’t that a problem for her and those two lame boys, Kyo and Iori,” Ash wondered aloud.

“She isn’t in condition to take on Orochi, she was badly hurt by a demonic zombie woman,” Elizabeth informed. (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA)

“Who? Shermie,” joked Ash.

“This is serious, Ash. She ran afoul of a vengeful spirit of the Mishima matriarch while trying to seal away potential threats,” stated Elizabeth.

“Who does the lady of the Yata clan deem a threat now?” Ash inquired.

“Whoever it was, they were not as big of a threat as Orochi,” answered Elizabeth.

“Still not sure what this has to do with me.”

“Chizuru is requesting your help specifically, it’s why she reached out to me,” Elizabeth responded.

“So she DOES remember our brief interaction,” Ash exclaimed.

“I think the more likely scenario is that it has been explained to her,” Elizabeth retorted. “However, the more important thing is she knows you have the power to wield the Yata Mirror and the strength to stand up to Orochi.”

Ash was aghast. “She expects me to fight alongside that moody musician and the high school dropout.”

“Yes. To save the world. You’ve done it once, at the cost of your own life. She believes in you just as I do,” Elizabeth professed. 

Ash sighed. “I can only deal with one cataclysmic world event at a time.”

“What do you mean?” asked Elizabeth.

Ash Crimson looked down at the Kala-Yuga spear he had taken from Kilik (REF: KILIK VS. ASH CRIMSON) and back at the body of Algol. “Don’t worry Betty, I will figure this out.”

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chizuru1.jpg.a03190f68de9dfa0a0334b368f06c6a6.jpg

Kyo Kusanagi boarded a small plane at the airport hangar where he was leaving Ryu to confront the ancient powerful entity, Orochi. (REF: RYU VS. OROCHI)

“I can do this. I can make it back in time,” he whispered to himself.

Utilizing flying lessons he had recently taken, he took off and headed toward the village of the Yata Clan. Along the way he reached out to his longtime rival, Iori Yagami.

“Listen Iori, I…”

Iori cut him off. “You don’t have to say another word, and I don’t want you to. Chizuru already filled me in on what’s going on.”

Kyo was thankful he would not have to convince Iori to help.

“You know this is all your fault,” Iori accused.

“Huh?”

“If you hadn’t let that dumb blonde karate guy fight me (REF: KEN MASTERS VS. IORI YAGAMI), we would still be together, and we could have stopped this thing before it started.” Iori explained.

“You lost to Ken fair and square,” Kyo countered. “None of us knew this was going on at the same time.”

Iori scoffed. “It wasn’t hard to guess. Lots of fighting always leads to weakening the seal.” Iori squinted his eyes. “Wait! Where are you going? I am coming to the airport hangar right now.”

“I’m going to Chizuru’s village to pick up the mirror. We will need it,” Kyo responded.

“Fool. She already has a plan for that. You left Orochi on his own,” Iori scolded.

“Ryu is fighting him. That is why I am hurrying,” Kyo insisted.

“You have the annoying blonde karate guy’s friend fighting Orochi. Kusanagi, you are going to get us all killed!”

“He is a lot stronger than you realize. You can complain to me when it’s all done. I’m here now,” Kyo announced.

Kyo left the cockpit of his small plane and an unexpected sight chilled him to the bone. Jets with the Shadoloo logo were lined up outside the Yata Village. Kyo quickly ran toward the center of the village past where members of the Yata Clan were fighting against Shadoloo soldiers. There he saw the cold-hearted leader of Shadoloo, M. Bison, standing menacingly over the battered body of Chizuru Kagura. 

“Give me the mirror, woman!” Bison demanded. “Or die!”

“I would gladly accept death over handing over the Yata Mirror to the likes of you,” Chizuru said defiantly.

“As you wish” Psycho energy engulfed Bison’s fist as he aimed it at Chizuru. “I will simply have my scientists pry it out of you.”

“Bison! Stop right there!” shouted Kyo.

The Shadoloo dictator looked over at Kyo as he ran toward him to intervene.

“It’s you.” Bison chuckled. “The one outside the Mishima mausoleum where I took the warriors connected to Soul Edge. (REF: YOSHIMITSU VS. RYU HAYABUSA) You wanted to challenge me there but lost your nerve.” Bison belly laughed. “How fortuitous that fate would grant you another chance.”

Kyo bristled at Bison’s inaccurate retelling of events, but he remained focused on the current situation. “Why are you attacking this village, it has no connection to Soul Edge.”

“I am aware, but it still has its buried treasures that are of great significance to me,” Bison began. “You see, after I took those warriors, they were stolen from me. (REF: MOMIJI VS. JURI HAN) When trying to figure out who was responsible, I came to the conclusion that it could be the very same people I came across that day. So I researched you and came across the gem that is Orochi.” Bison’s eyes lit up with Psycho Power. “I then figured out the seal was weakening and wanted to be in prime position to add the power of Orochi to my own Psycho Power should he awaken once again.”

“That’s madness,” Kyo declared.

“On the contrary, it’s genius.”

“Orochi has already been resurrected. I highly doubt Gaia’s servant would willingly abdicate its powers to you,” Chizuru warned weakly from the ground.

Bison scoffed. “I don’t remember saying his willingness was a consideration.”

“What about Soul Edge? Is that not still your goal?” asked Kyo.

“Yes. I want it all,” declared Bison. “I have fallen behind the Mishima bloodline in the search for Soul Edge, but with Orochi’s powers added to my own I will be unstoppable.” Bison clenched his fist. “I will absorb Orochi and then I will absorb Soul Edge and this world will be mine.”

“You’re a twisted nutjob,” Kyo called out. “There is no way you can do all that.”

“Are you sure about that? The biggest obstacle to me taking the powers of Orochi is the Three Sacred Treasures sealing him back up before I get the chance. Yet, two of the Treasures are right here before me. If I eliminate you, Orochi can roam free,” Bison reasoned.

“Kyo, get out of here,” Chizuru pleaded.

“I’m not leaving you alone with this monster,” Kyo declared.

Bison’s eyes filled with Psycho Energy. “Show me the Kusanagi power!”

3 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Been awhile since I've read one of these. You still got it dude.

Bison is a tough opponent and imo too much for Kyo to defeat in a one-on-one. I can still it dragging on though. Nice fantasy match

Thanks. It has been awhile since you've commented on one of the matches. I am still grateful that you were one of the few keeping them alive for awhile.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Thanks. It has been awhile since you've commented on one of the matches. I am still grateful that you were one of the few keeping them alive for awhile.

I've just had other focuses man but you the OG keeping the dream alive. You're building something here and it's cool

16 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Is Kyo really that strong though?

Well Kyo has been branded level with Ryu (baseline Ryu). But Ryu kind of has the powers to counter Bison where Kyo does not. Still I think he's powerful enough that if he caught Bison half-stepping' Bison could go down. Thus it's Bison's fight to loose.

16 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Is Kyo really that strong though?

Well Kyo has been branded level with Ryu (baseline Ryu). But Ryu kind of has the powers to counter Bison where Kyo does not. Still I think he's powerful enough that if he caught Bison half-stepping' Bison could go down. Thus it's Bison's fight to loose.

21 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

I did try to pair up a lot of the series antagonists and protagonists as I assume they would all be favored over the majority of side characters. 

Smart move.

You know? You're the only one with more matches than me.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Things really seem to be coming to a head now. 

I'm not all that familiar with KoF characters, but I'd have to assume that Kyo may not have quite the power or near the experience to take down someone of Bison's ilk by himself. Since he and Chizuru are two of the three Sacred Treasures, maybe they could combine their power somehow to stand a better chance here? 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - SSJRuss
4.80 - DSkillz
4.80 - leroypowell3

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.60 Total Combined Score
19.60 / 4 = 4.90 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Kyo Kusanagi: 1