Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 18030 Ryu vs. Orochi

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 180

hakkeshu.jpg.8574a1d24740376a23f655dfe9d80475.jpg

Ryu and Kyo Kusanagi arrived at the abandoned airport hangar in one of the custom Kanzuki sports cars, after being guided there by Chizuru Kagura. (REF: IBUKI VS. ELIOT)

“So this Orochi being believes it is doing Gaia’s will?” Ryu questioned.

“Yes. It has little regard for humans and wants to eradicate a large majority of humankind to restore the balance between man and nature,” Kyo explained. “You can see why it’s so important that we do everything we can to make sure it’s seal is not broken.”

“You have defeated him once before, haven’t you?” asked Ryu.

“Yes. But I wasn’t alone, it took everything I had along with Iori and Chizuru to overcome him,” Kyo recalled. “Even after we initially defeated him it was a whole ordeal. Iori went into a Riot of the Blood, but turned on Orochi. He held him long enough for me to deliver the final blow and that blow took everything out of me. It knocked me out, I was kidnapped and cloned…” Kyo trailed off. “It’s a long story.”

Inside an empty building on the hangar, the Orochi fueled versions of Yashiro, Shermie, and Chris as well as Vice discussed options to remove the last remaining bits of Orochi’s seal.

“The fighting energy required to set free our lord is not much,” said Yashiro.

“I can reach out to Helena, lure her here, and crush her this time,” Shermie suggested. (REF: HELENA DOUGLAS VS. SHERMIE) “That should help.”

“There is no shortage of fighters after that Soul Edge sword thing, I’m sure we could draw them here for a fight,” Vice opined. 

Chris nodded. “Vice has the right idea. The energy doesn’t have to come from a fight that involves us.”

“Oh no, you misunderstand sweetie. I’m not going to go through the trouble of bringing fighters here if I don’t get to enjoy fighting and destroying them,” Vice stated with bloodthirst in her eyes.

“Noted,” replied Chris.

At that moment, the four members of the Hakkeshu were joined by the fifth, Mature, who had been on lookout duty.

“Kyo Kusanagi is here,” she announced.

“What?” Shermie exclaimed.

“That changes plans.” Yashiro balled up a fist and punched his palm. “But I’m always ready for a fight. I assume Chizuru and Red are with him.”

“I saw neither Chizuru or Iori,” answered Mature. “He is walking around with a man in a torn karate gi that I have never seen before.”

“That makes no sense. There is no way he would come to fight us without the other two Sacred Treasures,” stated Chris.

“They could be trying to come after us from multiple angles,” Shermie theorized. “It could be a trap.”

“I saw Chizuru recently, it would take a miracle for her to be in fighting shape. If the Yata Mirror is here, she is not holding it. And, I would know if Iori was here. Trust me he is not,” Mature retorted. (REF: KOLIN VS. MATURE)

Vice agreed with her longtime partner. “She is right.”

“This new mystery man may be in possession of the mirror. I say we go find out,” Yashiro declared

“If Kyo brought him to fight us instead of that pretty boy buddy of his or that dumb ox judo fighter, he must be very skilled,” Shermie surmised.

Yashiro scoffed. “Doesn’t matter to me.”

Chris interjected. “Let’s be smart about this. We were arrogant last time and we lost. Fighting them straight up could be a mistake.”

“What are you suggesting?” Shermie wondered.

“That we skip to the end and make me the vessel for our lord.” answered Chris.

“What? You want us to kill ourselves again and give you all our power? You lost before as Orochi’s vessel, I’m not sure we should even give you that honor again,” said Yashiro.

“We lost in part because you two only gave me your energy after we all had been defeated in a long, hard battle. I believe if we do it at full strength it will give a much better boost to our returning lord,” Chris explained.

“It does,,,,make sense,” stated Shermie.

“You really think that is necessary with only one of the three Sacred Treasures out there?” asked Mature.

“I think it would be foolish to assume the other two aren’t on their way,” replied Chris. “With lord Orochi’s immediate return we can assure the destruction of Kyo Kusanagi before the other two even arrive. Without all three, our master’s prolonged return is guaranteed.”

Yashiro folded his arms. “I really wanted to be alive to see his return this time. Oh well, his resurrection is the most important thing. Let’s do this.”

Outside, Kyo and Ryu had settled on two remaining buildings that they had not yet checked.

“The presence of Orochi is strong here, we must be close,” Kyo assumed.

“Good,” stated Ryu.

After a few moments, Kyo grabbed his chest. “No! It can’t be! We are too late!”

“What? Are you sure?”

“I’ve only felt Orochi’s presence this strongly once before. He has returned,” Kyo lamented.

Ryu felt the ominous presence as well. A bright white light exploded from the windows of the nearby building.

“What do we do now?” Ryu questioned.

“We failed to prevent his resurrection, we need all three of the Sacred Treasures to seal Orochi back up. We need to get Iori and the Yata Mirror.” Kyo hesitated. “On the other hand we can’t leave Orochi unchecked or countless lives could be lost!”

A look of determination washed across Ryu’s face. “Very well then. I will fight the vengeful force of nature while you recover the necessary artifacts to seal the entity.”

“What?” Kyo exclaimed. “You can’t challenge him alone.”

“Given our present circumstances, I don’t see much of an alternative,” said Ryu.

He was right and Kyo knew it. His mutual admiration and resentment toward Ryu grew at that moment. “Be careful. I am sure he is unlike anything you ever faced before. I will take that small plane over there and be back as quick as I can.”

Ryu nodded.

“Good luck.”

“You too.”

Ryu entered the nearby building and got his first glimpse of the white haired human form of Orochi. In front of him stood Vice and Mature.

“Hey there boy, you’re just in time,” taunted Vice.

“Where is Kyo?” asked Mature.

“He will return shortly, but for now you face me,” Ryu declared.

“Allow me the pleasure, Lord Orochi,” stated Vice.

Orochi spoke up. “That won’t be necessary. The two of you have done quite enough. You need not to prove anything to me. Throughout your time working for undercover for Rugal Bernstein, Goentiz, and Iori Yagami you have shown without a doubt where your true unwavering loyalties lie.`` Orochi’s face turned angry. “With one of my truest enemies, Iori Yagami!”

In two quick motions, Orochi murdered both Mature and Vice. Ryu’s eyes widened with surprise. Orochi chuckled as he looked down at the dead bodies of Mature and Vice and then back up at Ryu.

“Misguided devotion, a common flaw throughout humanity. Know this, human. I have no quarrel with you. You have been kind to nature during your time on this world. Gaia is well pleased and smiles upon you. You will get no judgment from me and are free to live out your days.”

“I have a quarrel with you,” Ryu interjected. “Humanity may not be perfect, but I can’t allow you to play judge, jury, and executioner for so many innocent lives.”

“Pity, you are so determined to throw your own life away.”

Sorry I missed out on this one, Johnny. Another good set-up. I liked that this one went straight to the battle itself. 

As for the match, I guess that in-story, Ryu may have gone Satsui no Hado to win here?