Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 17989 Kokoro vs. Shiki (Samurai Shodown)

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 175

orochibirth.jpg.5c8b71866c84288f31fa154fb5d5cfcf.jpg

After having successfully left the Freedom Survivor undetected on a Agencja Wywiadu small jet during the chaos caused by a fight between Guile and King (REF: GUILE VS. KING), the group of Shermie, Vice, and two Polish intelligence officers/CYS superfans landed in an abandoned airplane hangar in Japan. 

The four people exited the jet and Krystina pointed to a nearby building. “The message from Yashiro was that they should be in there.”

They walked toward the building and Vice walked closely to Shermie.

“We should keep our guard up. I still don’t trust these two. We still don’t even know for sure that Chris and Yashiro are here,” she whispered.

Shermie momentarily doubled over in pain and her hair color began to change.

Krystina quickly turned toward Shermie. “Oh my god, is she okay?”

Vice recognized the Orochi transformation instantly and smirked. “She is fine.”

Shermie stood back up with her hair now purple and with her posture changed as well.

“They are definitely here,” She announced.

They foursome then entered the building and spotted both Chris and Yashiro, whom had also been visibly activated by Orochi, complete with glowing eyes and menacing expressions. Standing next to them was an unexpected surprise in the form of Vice’s usual partner, Mature.

“What are you doing here?” Vice questioned.

“Saving your ass if you couldn’t tell,” Mature responded.

“Where were you to save my ass when it was being kicked by that warrior woman?” Vice shot back. (REF: VICE VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA)

“I didn’t make it in time to do anything about it,” Mature insisted. (REF: IORI YAGAMI VS. CHARLIE NASH)

“None of that matters now,” Yashiro declared.

“How did you guys find me?” Shermie wondered.

“That’s all thanks to the woman right here.” Yashiro pointed at Mature.

“We had no idea where you were and found ourselves in a bit of a bind dealing with a mud monster bounty hunter,” Chris informed. (REF: BASARA VS. NECALLI)

“Fortunately, we were able to get away while it fought a vengeful spirit that we summoned,” Yashiro added.

“We weren’t sure where to go or what to do, but then our master activated us and guided us to Mature,” Chris explained. 

“We found her outside of the Yata Clan village.”

Vice was confused. “The Yata Clan? Were you seeking out Chizuru?”

Mature shook her head no. “I went there only because I was tracking Iori, and that was his location. When everything went sideways, I went to him to offer a chance to go into business for ourselves.” Mature frowned. “Unfortunately, he was already tagging around with one of Urien’s lackeys. (REF: KOLIN VS. MATURE) After she defeated me, he made the decision to remain with her.” Mature then looked to the ground. “I was angered and also lost on what to do next until I ran into these two, and then the path became clear.”

Chris raised his fist in the air. “Urien will be judged by Orochi just like all the others.”

Vice put the pieces together. “So you told them about Urien’s plan and his mission for Shermie." (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE)

Mature nodded.

“Shermie, can’t you feel it? The surging power inside us!” Yashiro shouted. “The seal is all but broken from all of this fighting and chaos brought about by Urien’s silly plans. Our moment is here, the time is now to finally complete our destiny that was denied from us before.”  

Shermie joined in their excitement. “Our master will return to balance Gaia once more.”

Both Polish Intelligence officers had been silent up until this moment, in awe of the spectacle around them. Suddenly, the male officer spoke up.

“Wait a minute!” He drew out his gun and pointed it at the Orochi versions of his favorite band. “I don’t have a good feeling about this anymore.”

Krystina’s eyes bulged. “What are you doing?”

“Krystina, listen to me, I think we made a mistake. I was good with freeing Shermie and reuniting CYS, and I was even okay with resurrecting their friend Orochi, because Yashiro said he is a big environmentalist. But, seeing it now in person unfold like this, and feeling this aura just feels….wrong… doesn’t it?”

“Easy now,” Vice said softly.

Vice quickly knocked his gun from his hand and snapped his neck. Krystina panicked and attempted to grab for her own weapon, but was stopped by Mature clawing at her eyes. Mature then pummeled the CYS enthusiast to death.

Yashiro cackled. “Now that that is settled, let us begin.”

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zackhelicopter.jpg.c74c34b0103c07f42cae77da38217448.jpg

Zack landed his DOATEC helicopter on a rooftop close to the G Corporation building.

“Best not to get too close to the building itself, I don’t know what kind of anti-aircraft weapons they are packing over there,” he reasoned.

“This will do, we can travel the rest of the way by foot,” said Kokoro. 

“Yeah, we probably would have to anyway since I’m not sure where we are going,” Zack reasoned.

“We are going to find if there are any more people here inflicted by Soul Edge like that woman in the viral video,” Kokoro explained. “We should start with her.” (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. KATARINA ALVES)

“Great. Judging by how badly she was getting her ass beat in that video (REF: BAIKEN VS. SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA) we should start with the closest medical facility,” Zack suggested.

“Right.”

Kokoro and Zack exited the helicopter, entered the building, then took an elevator down to the first floor.

On the elevator, Zack had only one question. “Assuming we do find her there, what are we going to do then? If she is malfested, I doubt she will be in a talkative mood.”

“My hope is that we can bring her back to the Freedom Survivor with us so that she can get the treatment that she needs,” Kokoro explained. “After of course we have determined if there are any more infected in the area.”

“Wow, you really went from being backup for Major Guile to really taking charge of this operation,” Zack marveled. “Those last two (REF: KOKORO VS. AOI UMENOKOUJI) fights (REF: KOKORO VS. GANRYU) must have done wonders for your confidence. I’m impressed.”

Kokoro smiled. “Thanks.”

The two stepped out of the elevator, left the building, and Zack used his phone to locate the nearest hospital. They walked several blocks and as they neared the hospital, Zack noticed a peculiar sight.

“Hey Kokoro, it looks like there are a lot of people running away from the hospital. You usually don’t see that,” he remarked.

“Which just tells me we are going to the right place if we want to help,” Kokoro declared.

“I hope you are right.”

Kokoro and Zack walked into the front entrance.

“Hey don’t go in there until the police arrive,” a voice called out.

Kokoro found a nurse hiding behind a counter.

“What’s going on?” Kokoro inquired.

“Violence. Everywhere. There is one Interpol agent fighting a woman with some crazy ax/hammer thing (REF: CHUN-LI VS. RACHEL) and another fight between a woman with swords and a young Chinese man (REF: SHIKI VS. YANG). I think they are worried about another fight going on on the other side of the building. (REF: DHALSIM VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI) Our security has already been put down. Our only hope is to hold out until law enforcement arrives,” she answered.

“I can help,” Kokoro offered.  “Where are the fights happening?”

“The woman with the swords is down the hall, but I wouldn’t go there if I were you.”

Kokoro ignored this plea and ran in that direction.

“Why are you still inside, why didn’t you flee with the others?” Zack asked the nurse.

“I didn’t want to abandon my patients. Many of them are stuck here,” she answered.

"That's some job dedication."

Kokoro walked into the waiting room just in time to see the deadly ninja, Shiki, standing over a bloodied Yang with her swords crisscrossed above his neck ready to execute him.

“Stop!” shouted Kokoro.

Shiki looked up at Kokoro.

Zack’s voice rang down the hall. “I’m on the way, Kokoro!”

Kokoro briefly turned her head back toward him, when she turned her attention back to Shiki, the short haired killer was gone. Kokoro gasped.

“What’s going on?” asked Zack. “Did we miss the fight?”

“She just ran away,” exclaimed Kokoro. “I’m going after her. Stay with the boy, make sure he gets medical attention. It may not be too late to save him.”

“Uh, yeah, sure.”

Kokoro ran through an emergency exit corridor that led her back outside in a courtyard full of trees. She looked around carefully.

“She couldn’t have gone far.”

Shiki stepped into the moonlight behind Kokoro. “You are not one of the ones I am after. (REF: SHIKI VS. KAGE-MARU) You should not follow me.”

Kokoro spun on her heel. “You were going to behead that boy!”

“The boy is going to die anyway. I was going to end his suffering,” Shiki said coldly.

“You don’t know that,” Kokoro retorted. “And you are the cause of his suffering. That is unforgivable."

Shiki did not speak.

“Are you connected to Soul Edge? To Urien?” Kokoro asked.

“I have no answers for you,” stated Shiki.

“Not good enough.”

Tournament Summary for combatants:

Kokoro (Dead Alive) defeated Aoi Umenokouji (Virtua Fighter) in Round 1 and Ganryu (Tekken) in Round 2

Shiki (Samurai Shodown) defeated Kage-Maru (Virtua Fighter) in Round 1 and Yang (Street Fighter) in Round 2

6 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Tournament Summary for combatants:

Kokoro (Dead Alive) defeated Aoi Umenokouji (Virtua Fighter) in Round 1 and Ganryu (Tekken) in Round 2

Shiki (Samurai Shodown) defeated Kage-Maru (Virtua Fighter) in Round 1 and Yang (Street Fighter) in Round 2

Well nobody here is a true monster (Kage is dope though) so their records don't tell us much. I'm sticking with Shiki. Be a good fight though.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Sorry about missing the previous match; thought I had more time to catch it. 

As for this one, looks like the ... less reputable Orochi warriors are back to cause trouble. 

As for the match, while Kokoro seem pretty skilled herself, there just might be something lacking in confidence and experience for her to take on an assassin and more seasoned fighter in Shiki.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.80 - leroypowell3
4.60 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.40 Total Combined Score
14.40 / 3 = 4.80 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Kokoro (DoA): 1
Shiki (Samurai Shodown): 4