MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 17967 Gen vs. Ash Crimson

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 171

hitomiandeliot.jpg.67a492cfb67ab9acc4941d8ca846edd7.jpg

Things were moving quickly aboard the Freedom Survivor cruise liner. Guile was preparing to fly over to the G Corporation building to investigate the Soul Edge sightings there and Helena was looking for volunteers to fly off to the Kanzuki Estate in Japan to help that group find and interrogate Kolin about Urien. (REF: BAIKEN VS. SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA) Hitomi was the first to offer her services.

“You are telling me if I go there I will have a chance to interact with the United States Martial Arts Champion, Ken Masters. Count me in,” she declared cheerfully.

Helena clasped her hands together. “Wonderful. We will probably need just one more volunteer so that we are not depleting too much of our own forces.”

Hitomi looked around and spotted whom she believed to be the perfect candidate. “Leave it to me.”

The karate enthusiast snuck up behind Eliot and Brad Wong. The two were talking about the newest fighter that arrived on the cruise liner, the Leopard mask wearing wrestler, King. (REF: SOGETSU KAZAMA VS. JIN KAZAMA) Hitomi jumped in front of Eliot and growled playfully. Eliot’s eyes bulged out in shock and Brad let out a genuine belly laugh.

“Hey, uh, what’s up Hitomi?” asked Eliot.

“I think you should go with me to the Kanzuki Estate. Helena needs our help and it would be fun,” she answered.

“Oh, I don’t know,” Eliot said shyly.

“C’mon it will give us the chance to meet some more fighters and I know they will all be super impressed with what you when they hear what you did both on this boat (REF: ELIOT vs. JOSIE RIZAL) and at the MIST facility,” stated Hitomi. (REF: ELIOT VS. LEO KLIESEN)

“She’s right. You should go on and get out of here. Not much happening on the boat right now anyway,” Brad added.

“What about you?” Eliot inquired.

“I hate to admit it, but I’m still pretty dinged up from that tussle with the cop,” Brad admitted. (REF: BRAD WONG VS. LEI WULONG) “I would only slow you down. And you won't need me there with this lovely lady by your side. Did you not hear about her fight with the blonde eraser head?” (REF: HITOMI VS. PAUL PHOENIX)

“Besides, Helena said she only wants two volunteers,” Hitomi clarified as she held up two fingers.

Eliot gulped. “So, just you and me?”

Hitomi nodded. “Yep… until we get there of course.”

Brad patted Eliot on the back. “Go on, show those other fighters what you can do.”

Eliot acquiesced. “Ok.” He then turned to Brad. “Hey can you do me a favor after I leave? Can you ask Helena if maybe she can get a hold of Master Gen Fu. I still haven’t heard from him and I am a little concerned.” (REF: GEN VS. GEN FU)

“Sure thing, kid.”

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heihachi-Mishima.jpg.eb8daad2ae565ac1130ad8b2175754f6.jpg

The elder assassin, Gen, had finally tracked down Heihachi Mishima’s location and readied himself for a fight that he had long wanted. He had completed all his contracts and now he was able to indulge in a fight he wanted for himself. (REF: YANG VS. LI LONG) It is true, he had been offered a handsome sum of money to take out this man as a target, but Gen’s desire to face this man went beyond monetary compensation.

Gen had long held something of a begrudging respect from a distance for the former CEO of the Mishima Zaibatsu. He saw some of himself in Heihachi, with the big exception being the latter’s insatiable lust for power. Still, he had respected Heihachi’s willingness and sometimes eagerness to fight his own battles even as he progressed far into old age and didn’t need to. There was a pride in being the King of the Iron Fist that Heihachi had that Gen respected. Also, the numerous stories of Heihachi staring certain death in the face and surviving was objectively impressive.

The time was right, and Gen was genuinely curious how their contrasting styles would match up. When he arrived at the pagoda temple, Gen was surprised to find that Heihachi didn’t have men stationed outside to secure the building. The Chinese martial artist had expected that he was going to have to fight his way through to get to Heihachi. As he got closer, he noticed that men were around the pagoda, but they were all incapacitated and rendered unconscious. (REF: ALGOL VS. HEIHACHI MISHIMA)

Gen wondered if he was walking into one of the numerous battles that he had read about between Heihachi and his son or Heihachi and his grandson. Either of those two scenarios would have been less surprising than what Gen found once he walked into the pagoda temple.

Heihachi was face first on the ground, not moving and not breathing. (REF: KASUMI VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) Bitterness filled Gen’s body. Was he too late? He spotted another muscular man with long white braided hair that he did not recognize, also laid out on the temple floor. He approached the mysterious figure and immediately felt a strange and immense power radiating from him. It was unlike anything Gen had ever felt before. Gen wondered if this powerful stranger was the cause of Heihachi’s current state or if the two had fought together possibly against Kazuya and the G Corporation or Jin and the Mishima Zaibatsu. Either way, the longer Gen stood next to the man’s body, the more he felt the surging energy inside of him, and the more wary Gen became of the ominous nature of this power. Gen turned to leave.

At that moment, Ash Crimson strutted into the pagoda temple, with the Kali-Yuga staff in his hand. (REF: KILIK VS. ASH CRIMSON) “It looks like I missed the party.” Ash’s eyes immediately found the fallen Algol. “There you are!” (REF: BONNE JENET VS. DARLI DAGGER)

Ash waltzed over to Algol’s body and looked down at the legendary hero king with a mix of surprise and disappointment. “I was expecting so much more from you. Something epic and dramatic, definitely not a collapsed, defeated heap.” Ash sighed. “Although this is definitely a preferential turn of events after having to deal with that mud demon.” (REF: ASH CRIMSON VS. NECALLI)

Ash finally took note of the only other man standing in the temple. “Hey you, old man, do I have you to thank for this?”

Gen bristled a little, but simply responded. “They were both like this when I arrived.”

Ash rubbed his chin. “Hmmm, curious. Oh well, down to work then.”

Ash phased his hand in Algol’s back in an attempt to steal the power of Soul Edge and Soul Calibur residing inside him. This alarmed Gen.

“What are you doing!?!” he shouted.

Ash rolled his eyes. “What does it look like I’m doing? Stealing his power, obviously. He doesn’t need it anymore.”

“Stop it right now, you vulture!” Gen demanded. 

Ash scoffed. “Relax old man, I’m not stealing it to use on you.”

“You young arrogant punk,” Gen declared.

Ash interrupted his own attempt to gain Algol’s powers and stood up. “Do you even know who this is?”

“I know pure evil when I feel it, and the power in that warrior is entangled with it. It is a power best laid to rest with him,” stated Gen.

Ash shook his head. “You have no idea what you are talking about.” 

Ash knelt back down to restart the process of taking Algol’s power when he was caught off guard by a quick kick from Gen that knocked him away from Algol.

“That power is not meant for you, and you have certainly not done anything to earn it,” accused Gen.

Ash nonchalantly pushed some of his blonde hair away from his eyes. “Alright then old geezer, since you are the expert. What are you sensing from me right now?”

A half smile developed on Gen’s face as he stepped into his fighting stance. “A formidable power of your own, and perhaps the true challenge I came here looking for. If in an unexpected package.”

Ash chuckled. “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

Another good set-up, Johnny. And thus, another splinter group is formed. :D 

As for the match, I'm not sure here, Yeah, Ash looks powerful and seems to have a good keep-away game, but I also seem to remember that Gen has fought Akuma and held his own. At the very least, Gen seems to have a definite edge in fighting experience. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
4.70 - leroypowell3

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.80 Total Combined Score
18.80 / 4 = 4.70 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Gen: 1