Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 17934 Pirates vs. Cowboys

Mercenaryblade

San Francisco 1880

Carlton admired his creation, there in the dust swept streets of the growing city a building made of old timber. The word ‘Saloon’ was brightly painted upon the large sign that hung from the building.

“Where did you say you got all that timber?” This was from his business partner, Ryan.

“I got a good deal.”

“I asked where you got it, not if you got a good deal.” Ryan replied testily.

“Ahh, down in the Gulf, some old sailing ships were just rotting away. I had them broken down and shipped around the continent to here. Looks distinctive, doesn’t it?”

Ryan frowned, “You used old ships to build a saloon catering to the cowpokes coming from the drives? Wouldn’t it make more sense to put it closer to the harbor where the sailors are?”

Carlton waved this off, “No, those old salts would just berate me for repurposing ships. The cowpokes won’t care. They just want to drink gamble and…”

“Stop.” Ryan held up his hand.

Carlton frowned, “You’re awful prudish for a man who just became a part time saloon owner.”

Ryan shook his head as he entered the establishment. It was empty, the staff and patrons not yet found. The man felt a shiver crawl up his spine as he looked upon the bar, the walls, the old wood contrasting with the new furnishings.

“What’s with you?” Carlton asked.

“My family comes from an old line. I can sense things beyond the veil, these ships you found. They were used for very bad things. You shouldn’t have disturbed them.”

Carlton laughed, “Hey, not bad. Maybe you can put on that medium act and sucker some dough from folks.”

“I’m serious Carlton.” Ryan glared.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m off to make some hires.”

Ryan looked at his partner. “What ever you do not return the heart to its place.”

His voice seemed different, as if another spoke through him.

“Hey, not bad. Keep it up.” Carlton said.

Ryan shook his head, “Huh, what? What did I say.”

“Master actor.” Carlton smirked as he left.

Days passed and the saloon was soon operational. Now, there was a piano player, saloon girls, card dealer, and a bartender. The cowhands from the cattle trails often frequented the place, dusty from the trail and thirsty for drink.

Tempers flared on more than one occasion, fists flew and even in some instances guns were drawn and fired. Carlton didn’t care so long as the money flowed. But Ryan couldn’t help but feel that as bad as brawls and shootouts were, something worse was around the corner.

The saloon had a particular curiosity. The bar had an oblong hole within it as if something specific was meant to fit within. No one could figure it out, after all the planks had been part of a ship for the longest time.

On evening on a particularly crowded night Gus the bartender was checking under the bar for an extra bottle when he spied something. A latch in the wood. Shrugging he gave in to his curiosity and pried the latch open with a clasp knife.

A dull colored stone fell from the compartment, its surface scrawled with inscriptions of some foreign language.

The bartender stood up with the stone in hand.

“Whatcha got there?” A man at the bar asked.

“Dunno, some rock with some strange carvings on it.”

The man at the bar looked perplexed, “Slide it down here. I been around to some foreign places.”

As this was happening Ryan got the shivers from his spot in the storehouse of the saloon.

“The heart, no, no.” He dashed for the saloon as the rock was slid across the bartop and fell perfectly into the hole cut into the bar.

It seemed like nothing happened, but then the saloon was suddenly filled with even more people. They wore clothes from decades ago, all manner of men with gold earrings and sometimes teeth, laughing raucously as they held tankards aloft.

“Aye, who be these folk?” One asked.

“Where the hell did you come from you old salt?” A cowhand asked.

“Ghosts… they’re ghosts.” Ryan declared before he bumped into one of the sailors.

“Ghost indeed, the only spirits here are the ones you drink!” The strange man declared.

“Rum, bring on the rum!”

Not ghosts it seemed, time displaced was not something any in the saloon could have guessed.

It didn’t take long for things to spiral out of control, some comments were exchanged that grew heated, and soon the inevitable happened when hard men with too much adult beverages grew angry with one another. A brawl ensued, pirates against cowboys. Fists met faces, chairs and bottle became clubs. Knives, cutlasses, daggers, and even the occasional pistol flashed out and chaos reigned.

Fight is on Time displaced Pirates against Cowboys. Close quarters, this is a bar brawl, there might be the occasional use of a pistol but it’s a melee fight primarily. Who will win the bar brawl?  

Hmm ..., good set-up, Merc! :) Nice Old West atmosphere here, as well as good characterization of the cowboys and the pirates. 

As for the match, things might be more or less even between both parties until weapons are drawn. Yeah, the pirates are probably going to have the initial edge in melee with their blades, and like the cowboys, some may even have guns. I think the cowboys have the better firearms, though, and that may help them come out on top in the end. 

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Hmm ..., good set-up, Merc! :) Nice Old West atmosphere here, as well as good characterization of the cowboys and the pirates. 

As for the match, things might be more or less even between both parties until weapons are drawn. Yeah, the pirates are probably going to have the initial edge in melee with their blades, and like the cowboys, some may even have guns. I think the cowboys have the better firearms, though, and that may help them come out on top in the end. 

Thanks DS! Glad you enjoyed it.