Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:12 - General Zod vs. Thanos

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 12

General Zod

Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about General Zod at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Thanos

Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Thanos at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: R'lyeh

Thanos should win this one. Zod may be one of the most powerful villains in DC comics, but Thanos is the most powerful and dangerous main villain in Marvel comics! 

Wheres Zod best feats involve him matching Superman in strength, Thanos best feats involve him exceeding guys like Thor, Hulk, and Silver Surfer in strength! That’s why Thanos is considered the top dog in the Marvel rouges gallery while Zod is only considered one of the top 20 at least.

I disagree. Superman is far more powerful than most of Marvel's heavy hitters. Most crossovers Marvel needs some sort of macguffin to get to Superman's level. 

Zod has more mobility as well as ranged attacks. He could splatter Thanos before he realizes what happened.  

4 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Zod may be one of the most powerful villains in DC comics, but Thanos is the most powerful and dangerous main villain in Marvel comics! 

This isn't even really true. Thanos is the most powerful villain in Marvel when he has the gauntlet, without it he's still strong, but there are definitely stronger regular Marvel villains than Thanos, like Galactus

22 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

I disagree. Superman is far more powerful than most of Marvel's heavy hitters. Most crossovers Marvel needs some sort of macguffin to get to Superman's level. 

As far as I'm aware this isn't really true either. The one canon interaction between Thor and Superman was incredibly even. Superman won because he was worthy of holding Mjolnir and was able to stop it, and even after that he called Thor "the mightiest opponent he ever faced," which is also just wrong because like, Clark, there are people who have soundly beaten you. 

But yeah, going by this fight the advantage would seem to be for Thanos

45 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

As far as I'm aware this isn't really true either. The one canon interaction between Thor and Superman was incredibly even. Superman won because he was worthy of holding Mjolnir and was able to stop it, and even after that he called Thor "the mightiest opponent he ever faced," which is also just wrong because like, Clark, there are people who have soundly beaten you. 

But yeah, going by this fight the advantage would seem to be for Thanos

20265374d3f1c6877f30e10f635a95a7.jpg

This is the fight I was thinking of

How in the world does the fight favor Thanos? For one he doesn't fly. Zod could hit him like a missile before Thanos could react. Zod has heat vision, so we could see a repeat of this

Zod has freezing breath he can do this to Thanos

201EC557108AE5BDF8E7AC6518DACDC95B904D9A

4 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

20265374d3f1c6877f30e10f635a95a7.jpg

This is the fight I was thinking of

That's the fight I described, yes. Superman is very obviously strained there, and he immediately says that Thor was the mightiest opponent he ever faced in the next panel I believe, so it's silly to claim that Superman is substantially more powerful than Thor here. He just barely wins.

Thanos, on the other hand, regularly beats Thor AND other heavy hitters at the same time. After this panel, Superman is so weakened that he gets knocked out by the other Avengers. Thanos regularly stands up to all of them at once. That's why I say Thanos has the advantage.

The other points you make aren't even worth addressing really. In the above scan you posted, Thor isn't killed by Superman's lasers, and Thanos >>> Thor, so Zod's lasers wouldn't kill him. His freezing breath is an even weaker ability. Show me it working on someone as strong as Thanos

7 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That's the fight I described, yes. Superman is very obviously strained there, and he immediately says that Thor was the mightiest opponent he ever faced in the next panel I believe, so it's silly to claim that Superman is substantially more powerful than Thor here. He just barely wins.

Thanos, on the other hand, regularly beats Thor AND other heavy hitters at the same time. After this panel, Superman is so weakened that he gets knocked out by the other Avengers. Thanos regularly stands up to all of them at once. That's why I say Thanos has the advantage.

The other points you make aren't even worth addressing really. In the above scan you posted, Thor isn't killed by Superman's lasers, and Thanos >>> Thor, so Zod's lasers wouldn't kill him. His freezing breath is an even weaker ability. Show me it working on someone as strong as Thanos

Ah, but then in your other point you claimed that it was silly for Superman to claim that about Thor, as he has fought stronger foes than Thor. So which is it? Sure he's winded here, but he recovers pretty quickly and mops up the rest of the Avengers.

It's Superman>Thanos>Thor. Or in this case Zod.  

Zod would speedblitz Thanos, and hit way harder than Thor would. He's way more mobile and way more durable.

Superman has frozen Wonder Woman. 

ed009aafa462844de1f5c1a1a460e6fe.jpg

He doesn't use it on people often because shattering frozen people is too brutal for Supes. Zod though, would gladly do it. 

38 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Ah, but then in your other point you claimed that it was silly for Superman to claim that about Thor, as he has fought stronger foes than Thor. So which is it? Sure he's winded here, but he recovers pretty quickly and mops up the rest of the Avengers.

Zod would speedblitz Thanos, and hit way harder than Thor would. He's way more mobile and way more durable.

He doesn't use it on people often because shattering frozen people is too brutal for Supes. Zod though, would gladly do it. 

You have done nothing to prove that Superman is superior to Thanos. He's just about even with Thor in that crossover. He barely wins and is subsequently knocked out by Iron Man of all people because he's so exhausted. It's clearly a very even fight, and it shows that it really could have gone either way. Thanos, on the other hand, is always solidly stronger than Thor. He regularly beats Thor and lots of other Avengers at once. 

This is what happened when Superman tried to take on other Avengers after fighting Thor. Thanos is far superior to Thor. It should go Thanos >>> Superman > Thor, considering how weak Superman is after he beats Thor. And again it should be said that Superman only wins this specific fight because he is able to stop Mjolnir, something which he shouldn't be able to do under normal circumstances. At the end of the crossover, Superman isn't able to lift the hammer, so a rematch may very well end with Thor winning

EDIT: I just reread what you said, and it is simply incorrect to say that Superman "quickly recovered and mopped up the other Avengers" after this fight. He gets knocked out by Iron Man and then ganged up on by the other Avengers, and has to be saved by Aquaman

4 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Merc your whole assumption is based around the fact that Superman is way superior to Thor and that Zod is exactly equal to Superman. Both theories are clearly not true. Again not only have the pics you posted clearly showed that Supes only barely beat Thor, but in a CBUB official match Thor beat Superman fairly. Remember that? So it’s not Superman>Thor, but actually it’s more Superman=Thor. I should also remind you Supes and Zod have battled many times and as I recall Supes have won more then he’s lost against Zod, so I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say Superman=Zod when the facts suggest that Supes is way stronger then Zod.

So if anything your list should be as following: Thanos>Thor=Supes>Zod. Cause unlike Zod, Thanos has actually beaten Thor more often then he lost to him.

14 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This isn't even really true. Thanos is the most powerful villain in Marvel when he has the gauntlet, without it he's still strong, but there are definitely stronger regular Marvel villains than Thanos, like Galactus

Yeah sorry I meant to say he was the strongest non-cosmic tier villains. Obviously galaxy level threats like Galactus and Dormammu are much more powerful then the Mad Titan, but amongst the villains our main heroes can actually physically fight then I would think that Thanos even without the Infinity Gauntlet is the strongest and the biggest threat.

8 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Yeah sorry I meant to say he was the strongest non-cosmic tier villains. Obviously galaxy level threats like Galactus and Dormammu are much more powerful then the Mad Titan, but amongst the villains our main heroes can actually physically fight then I would think that Thanos even without the Infinity Gauntlet is the strongest and the biggest threat.

Lol reading back your original comment, I realize I was being pretty pedantic. Sorry about that

10 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Merc your whole assumption is based around the fact that Superman is way superior to Thor and that Zod is exactly equal to Superman. Both theories are clearly not true. Again not only have the pics you posted clearly showed that Supes only barely beat Thor, but in a CBUB official match Thor beat Superman fairly. Remember that? So it’s not Superman>Thor, but actually it’s more Superman=Thor. I should also remind you Supes and Zod have battled many times and as I recall Supes have won more then he’s lost against Zod, so I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say Superman=Zod when the facts suggest that Supes is way stronger then Zod.

So if anything your list should be as following: Thanos>Thor=Supes>Zod. Cause unlike Zod, Thanos has actually beaten Thor more often then he lost to him.

14 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

You have done nothing to prove that Superman is superior to Thanos. He's just about even with Thor in that crossover. He barely wins and is subsequently knocked out by Iron Man of all people because he's so exhausted. It's clearly a very even fight, and it shows that it really could have gone either way. Thanos, on the other hand, is always solidly stronger than Thor. He regularly beats Thor and lots of other Avengers at once. 

This is what happened when Superman tried to take on other Avengers after fighting Thor. Thanos is far superior to Thor. It should go Thanos >>> Superman > Thor, considering how weak Superman is after he beats Thor. And again it should be said that Superman only wins this specific fight because he is able to stop Mjolnir, something which he shouldn't be able to do under normal circumstances. At the end of the crossover, Superman isn't able to lift the hammer, so a rematch may very well end with Thor winning

EDIT: I just reread what you said, and it is simply incorrect to say that Superman "quickly recovered and mopped up the other Avengers" after this fight. He gets knocked out by Iron Man and then ganged up on by the other Avengers, and has to be saved by Aquaman

So it's been a while since I read that crossover so I admit my memory is flawed. Looking it up again because now you can find comics online. He still beat Thor and was attacked by Ironman, Hercules, Vision, and Wonder Man all at once. Not just hit by Ironman. He still made a quick recover, I've seen him in worse shape after some fights.  

I stand by Zod beating Thanos. Superman usually doesn't go outright brutal. Zod will, he'd speedblitz Thanos, piledrive him to the ground and hit hims with max heatvision.

Here's max heat vision vs Doomsday clones

726811-supes.jpg

6 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

So it's been a while since I read that crossover so I admit my memory is flawed. Looking it up again because now you can find comics online. He still beat Thor and was attacked by Ironman, Hercules, Vision, and Wonder Man all at once. Not just hit by Ironman. He still made a quick recover, I've seen him in worse shape after some fights.  

I stand by Zod beating Thanos. Superman usually doesn't go outright brutal. Zod will, he'd speedblitz Thanos, piledrive him to the ground and hit hims with max heatvision.

Despite Superman not going all out, he still beats Zod 9 times out of ten, so Zod going all out is apparently not all that impressive. Superman does get dogpiled by a lot of people, but the first one and the one who actually knocks him out is Iron Man. Everyone else is just hitting him as he's prone. And Thor gets up just as soon as Superman does

4 hours ago, UMPIRE said:

Match Final Results

General Zod: 7
Thanos: 4

Man, I think y'all are sleeping in a fair amount of these match-ups. 

On 12/20/2021 at 7:10 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

As far as I'm aware this isn't really true either. The one canon interaction between Thor and Superman was incredibly even.

Heh, I always thought that Marvel should consider ret-conning the canonicity of that fight. It's implied that the fight was even, but while Thor is laying unconscious with his outfit torn up, Superman has neither clothing nor bodily damage immediately after the fact. At least Superman bleeds and has clothing damage after his fight with Hulk in the non-canon DC vs. Marvel croosover.

Not a good look for Thor, especially considering the beings he's beaten before and after the fact. 

5 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Man, I think y'all are sleeping in a fair amount of these match-ups. 

Heh, I always thought that Marvel should consider ret-conning the canonicity of that fight. It's implied that the fight was even, but while Thor is laying unconscious with his outfit torn up, Superman has neither clothing nor bodily damage immediately after the fact. At least Superman bleeds and has clothing damage after his fight with Hulk in the non-canon DC vs. Marvel croosover.

Not a good look for Thor, especially considering the beings he's beaten before and after the fact. 

They always have the excuse that Superman shouldn't normally be able to stop Mjolnir. If he hadn't been able to do that the fight would have gone very differently