Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:10 - Judge Dredd vs. The Event Horizon

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 10

Judge Dredd

Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Judge Dredd at this Wiki
Official Site: Rebellion Developments

The Event Horizon

Slot: The Team's Location
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Event Horizon at this Wiki
Official Site: Paramount

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

Judges receive intense mental as well as physical training during their years at the Academy. They are prepped to face fear, worry and anything the craziness of life can throw at them. 

Additionally, Dredd is the best of the best and also resistant to psionics. 

Event Horizon preys on weakness and fear - much like the undead Judge Fear from another dimension - who kills people by showing them his face (reflects their worst fear back to them). 

Here is what happened when he tried that on Dredd: 

971.jpg

Add to that Dredd's armour and arsenal, and the fact that his technology is in advance of Event Horizon (roughly year 2142 versus 2047), and I'm pretty sure he'll survive and win, let alone just survive 24 hours. 

Just now, Culwych1 said:

Judges receive intense mental as well as physical training during their years at the Academy. They are prepped to face fear, worry and anything the craziness of life can throw at them. 

Event Horizon prays on weakness and fear - much like the undead Judge Fear from another dimension - who kills people by showing them his face (reflects their worst fear back to them). 

971.jpg

Add to that Dredd's armour and arsenal, and the fact that his technology is in advance of Event Horizon (roughly year 2142 versus 2047), and I'm pretty sure he'll survive and win, let alone just survive 24 hours. 

Well that's pretty convincing

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Event Horizon preys on weakness and fear - much like the undead Judge Fear from another dimension - who kills people by showing them his face (reflects their worst fear back to them). 

971.jpg

Except you can't just punch out the Event Horizon. You could destroy the ship but that would just leave you dead or stranded in space where you'll die from oxygen running out 

16 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Except you can't just punch out the Event Horizon. You could destroy the ship but that would just leave you dead or stranded in space where you'll die from oxygen running out 

People with a lot less training than Dredd figured out that they could split the ship in two to survive. And they had real difficulty because they had to set explosives; Dredds standard weaponry includes hi-ex bullets.

Judges have been shown to sometimes pack "exorcism" bullets as well (holy, silver, garlic etc all in one), so depending on whether it is Hell and a demon (as strongly suggested in the movie), then that could also be a factor.

Literally Dredd and Ash were the two survivors I did not want to face. They are the two I have pulled.

The Event Horizon breaks down everyone on a step beyond Judge Fear. It is a literal connection to Hell and does prey on past traumas with an inhuman ability. Plus the ship is not above actual mechanical failures to kill someone. I see Dredd being unable to make it not because of psychological fear but because everyone else on board has gone mad and the ship using them as pawns to destroy him.

I don't see Dredd going mad, but I do see him being hosed by the madness of others.

20 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Literally Dredd and Ash were the two survivors I did not want to face. They are the two I have pulled.

The Event Horizon breaks down everyone on a step beyond Judge Fear. It is a literal connection to Hell and does prey on past traumas with an inhuman ability. Plus the ship is not above actual mechanical failures to kill someone. I see Dredd being unable to make it not because of psychological fear but because everyone else on board has gone mad and the ship using them as pawns to destroy him.

I don't see Dredd going mad, but I do see him being hosed by the madness of others.

Its a good argument, but unfortunately that's where Dredd's ability as a Judge truly comes in. He deals with crazy and mad people on a daily basis. They have megablocks full of people that get "block mania" and literally start attacking other buildings - there are entire Block Wars! I can't see any version of crazy via Event Horizon topping the level of crazy in Mega City 1. 

Dredd will face them like he has all the rest - through judgement with a bullet to the face. And if they're undead, with a spirit trap or more bullets to the face. 

He is resilient, tough, agile and clever enough to escape any mechanical failures in my opinion. Plus, if he is facing illusions and we give him full gear, then his bike has an AI interface which can tell him what is real and what isn't. 

2 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Man judge Dredd is kinda OP 

He's the worst or best kind of cop depending how you look at it. But I'm not sure to be fair what equipment we're allowing in this so perhaps the bike that shoots and has an ai is swaying it a bit. I'd still give him a near 100% chance of 24 hours survival without it though.

19 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Its a good argument, but unfortunately that's where Dredd's ability as a Judge truly comes in. He deals with crazy and mad people on a daily basis. They have megablocks full of people that get "block mania" and literally start attacking other buildings - there are entire Block Wars! I can't see any version of crazy via Event Horizon topping the level of crazy in Mega City 1. 

Dredd will face them like he has all the rest - through judgement with a bullet to the face. And if they're undead, with a spirit trap or more bullets to the face. 

He is resilient, tough, agile and clever enough to escape any mechanical failures in my opinion. Plus, if he is facing illusions and we give him full gear, then his bike has an AI interface which can tell him what is real and what isn't. 

I'm banking on Dr. Wier or someone being able to space Dredd with those failures, but I think Dredd does have a breathing aparatus and limited survivability against a vacuum?

I'd hate to cede especially this early, but Dredd is a tough customer.

20 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

I'm banking on Dr. Wier or someone being able to space Dredd with those failures, but I think Dredd does have a breathing aparatus and limited survivability against a vacuum?

I'd hate to cede especially this early, but Dredd is a tough customer.

The space dump may be an option  but again, I think Dredd could probably avoid it. 

Event Horizon is an inspired choice, and I think it would defeat most characters; unfortunately just not Dredd.

And as a complete aside; as someone who collects the comics and has enjoyed the movies - the news of a crossover is fantastic! 

4 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Not surprising, man Event Horizon has struggled.

It was a good pick, but you've landed two of the worst characters in the survival category. 

I keep expecting Alan Grant to get paired with it, cause same actor. 

27 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

It was a good pick, but you've landed two of the worst characters in the survival category. 

I keep expecting Alan Grant to get paired with it, cause same actor. 

I have been hoping for that too. Regardless, Dredd and Ash are great picks for this category.