Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:8 - Ninjas vs. The 300 Spartans

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 8

Ninjas

Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Ninjas at this Wiki
Official Site: Public Domain

The 300 Spartans

Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The 300 Spartans at this Wiki
Official Site: Warner Bros

Battle Terrain
Cannon Fodder Challenge: Capture the Flag

Assuming this is in broad day light, like in the picture, I give this to the Spartans for a simple reason: they have much more experience working together as a team. They train their entire lives to fight as a cohesive unit, and this training will do wonders for them in regards to Capture the Flag. Ninjas are more stealthy, but you can only really be so stealthy in broad day light. Spartans are physically at their peak, and are trained to fight for an extended period of time. As the game drags on, Spartans will have the endurance to keep going

Daylight or no, I think the degree to which the Spartans would presumably have to engage with Ninjas outside of an open field in order to reach their flag is going to fuck them up. It seems like if this were just "kill the other team" the Spartans would have some advantages since they are an army meant for doing exactly that. However, Ninjas are going to be a decentralized unit of highly skilled infiltrators, highly mobile single units that Spartans will have an extremely difficult time catching up to and defeating.

I think Ninjas just have every single advantage that isn't organizational, and the organizational aspect is way less important here.

14 minutes ago, corvette1710 said:

Daylight or no, I think the degree to which the Spartans would presumably have to engage with Ninjas outside of an open field in order to reach their flag is going to fuck them up. It seems like if this were just "kill the other team" the Spartans would have some advantages since they are an army meant for doing exactly that. However, Ninjas are going to be a decentralized unit of highly skilled infiltrators, highly mobile single units that Spartans will have an extremely difficult time catching up to and defeating.

I think Ninjas just have every single advantage that isn't organizational, and the organizational aspect is way less important here.

Like, the Spartans can just form a wall around their flag. They have absolutely no incentive to chase away the ninjas individually, they can just form us around the flag and the ninjas will never be able to catch it. The Spartans train their entirely lives to be world-class warriors, so I would put their physicals above ninja's as well

Super interesting match to think about.  I would love to see this match in actuality.

I don't know who would win, but I will point out the capture the flag rules state that both teams need to send out players to the other teams territory to try and capture the flag. Therefore trying to turtle the flag seems out of bounds.

10 minutes ago, Fox said:

Super interesting match to think about.  I would love to see this match in actuality.

I don't know who would win, but I will point out the capture the flag rules state that both teams need to send out players to the other teams territory to try and capture the flag. Therefore trying to turtle the flag seems out of bounds.

Oh I don't think they would just totally turtle up, but the ones who are on defense would be a well-oiled machine of flag-defense. Ninjas would make better attackers for sure, but Spartans would still be very strong on offense. They're warriors trained to fight for days on end and are the physical peak of humans at the time. Ninjas trained far less, and while their burst speed might be higher, they're going to run out of steam. 

Essentially, my argument is that while the ninjas are great on offense, they're really not suited to defend their own flag. The spartan's coordination would mean they can steal the Ninja flag with highly coordinated strikes, while on defense, their teamwork will make the ninja's work very hard to even get one point. 

Spartan defense > Ninja Offense > Spartan Offense >>>>>>> Ninja Defense, essentially