Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

12:7 - Ryu vs. Sub-Zero

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 7

Ryu

Slot: The Team's Scrappy Fighter
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Ryu at this Wiki
Official Site: Capcom

Sub-Zero

Slot: The Team's Scrappy Fighter
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sub-Zero at this Wiki
Official Site: Midway

Battle Terrain
Battle Terrain: Hall of Mirrors

If we are sticking to the criteria of this slot for Ryu, then Sub Zero has enough power with his cryomancy to freeze Ryu and take him down. He is fast enough for his ice clones to tag fighters who can teleport, can block bullets with his ice and this could even go the way of the movie against Jax, where he freezes Ryu's arms and smashes them. 

Newer iterations can teleport: 

Subzero-fatality by METADANE on DeviantArt

Or if not the hands... then maybe the head...

ForcefulThickBurro-size_restricted.gif

While the terrain definitely favors Sub-Zero here, as he is a Lin Kuei (or ninja-- if you want to simplify things) and has ice powers which are truly formidable-- I would say that this isn't something which is completely out of Ryu's element. Ryu has fought opponents who are known to be incredibly stealthy-- namely Geki, the original clawed ninja in the first Street Fighter game which was early in Ryu's fighting career, and then there's Vega-- Shadaloo's card carrying psychopathic and narcissistic ninja.

A lot of people bring up Sub-Zero's ice abilities but Ryu can counter that with a Shakunetsu Hadou, a Hadouken which is imbued with the power of flame. It's actually one of his meter burn techniques in Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Street Fighter IV and all it's updated editions, and Street Fighter VI. Ryu also had this technique in Street Fighter II: Turbo as well, but that was more of a glitch which later was made canonical in the next update, Super Street Fighter II, where Ryu randomly unleashed the Shakunetsu Hadouken whenever the input command for Hadouken was performed.

I would think that given that Ryu's experience with ninja like Geki and Vega who utilize stealth, and his ability to utilize flames in his Hadoukens... He stands a damn good chance against Sub-Zero.

3 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

While the terrain definitely favors Sub-Zero here, as he is a Lin Kuei (or ninja-- if you want to simplify things) and has ice powers which are truly formidable-- I would say that this isn't something which is completely out of Ryu's element. Ryu has fought opponents who are known to be incredibly stealthy-- namely Geki, the original clawed ninja in the first Street Fighter game which was early in Ryu's fighting career, and then there's Vega-- Shadaloo's card carrying psychopathic and narcissistic ninja.

A lot of people bring up Sub-Zero's ice abilities but Ryu can counter that with a Shakunetsu Hadou, a Hadouken which is imbued with the power of flame. It's actually one of his meter burn techniques in Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Street Fighter IV and all it's updated editions, and Street Fighter VI. Ryu also had this technique in Street Fighter II: Turbo as well, but that was more of a glitch which later was made canonical in the next update, Super Street Fighter II, where Ryu randomly unleashed the Shakunetsu Hadouken whenever the input command for Hadouken was performed.

I would think that given that Ryu's experience with ninja like Geki and Vega who utilize stealth, and his ability to utilize flames in his Hadoukens... He stands a damn good chance against Sub-Zero.

Actually, I hadn't even thought that much about the terrain. You are right, as the Lin Kuei Grandmaster and using his stealth he has that advantage - but another huge advantage is his ability to create ice clones. He is going to be able to use that to add a huge amount of confusion for Ryu. It'll just take one wrong step and Ryu will find himself facing a sharp ice sword through the gut. 

8d03e472d1db4c18351bebd70ca1e530.gif

And fighting someone who can use flames like Ryu is nothing new to Sub Zero, who regularly fights and trains with Scorpion (who arguably used a lot more fire in his fight). 

28b3c848b07c9dc22bde9da84f0d8295.gif

3 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Wow Ryu vs Sub-Zero. I am completely torn on who I think could win, both are some of my favorite fighting game characters of all time. So I’m susceptible to any strong argument that y’all can make.

See above, and vote Sub Zero. 

duh-well.gif

Grandmaster ninja, ice powers, ice clones in a mirror environment, and deadly. 

• Like 1

Let me say that while the terrain somewhat favors Sub-Zero on account that it's a hall of mirrors, I can say that Ryu might catch onto this fairly quickly and realize that he will not be able to rely on his eyes and instead choose to go towards his sixth sense, which is of course by feeling out Sub-Zero's Ki, thus negating his stealth. As mentioned before, this is something which the Street Fighter franchise employs perhaps a little bit more than Mortal Kombat, though the only instance where Mortal Kombat has utilized Ki sense is in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, which might I add according to MK11 story writer-- MK vs DC Universe IS canon to the MK storyline. However, I don't believe that their Ki sense abilities are as extensive as Street Fighter's interpretation of Ki sensing.

As mentioned before, Ryu has contended with ninja before (the Lin Kuei are ninjas as much as they protest, and are inspired by an alleged true to life ninja clan called the Lin Gui or "Forest Demons") such as Geki, Vega, Ibuki and even Guy from the Bushin-ryuu. So fighting ninjas is nothing really new to Ryu, and I'm pretty sure he is used to fighting ninja who utilize weapons but what will throw him in for a loop is Sub-Zero's abilities to create ice formations such as ice clones and ice weapons. But I think that Ryu will be able to catch on fairly quickly with some Ki sensing, such as when Sub-Zero creates an ice clone for either cover or distraction. As for the ice weapons, I don't see that being too much of a problem for Ryu, as he has been shown to be fast enough to dodge bullets in most Street Fighter mediums, and has fought opponents wielding weapons and probably can disarm Sub-Zero if temporarily.

Also, stabbing Ryu isn't going to put him down, as shown in the Ryu FINAL Manga, Akuma managed to punch his fist through Ryu's body and Ryu continued to fight on as he suffered that grievous wound, finishing off Akuma with the Kaze No Kobushi technique... But that's in the Ryu Final Manga, so you can choose to leave it or take if you want.

Also, Ryu has also fought opponents who utilize fire in their techniques, primarily the likes of Akuma, Ken Masters, Fei-Long, Crimson Viper, to name a few.

Then comes the issue of Ki vs Ice... Well, I would think that as Ryu's Hadouken is perhaps the most developed, perhaps second only to Akuma and Gouken's Hadoukens, his Hadou would likely overwhelm and break through Sub-Zero's ice ball. I know in the games, they show it being canceled out but in the anime and game adaptations, Ryu's shown to break through others projectiles.

• Like 1