Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Tyranids at this Wiki
Official Site: Games Workshop PLC

Battle Terrain
Alien Invasion: Battleground planet Earth

Again, it depends on how much the Flood gets. The Tyranids seem to be far more advanced than the likes of the UNSC, and I'm pretty sure they're a Hive-Mind, which would give them a much better idea of what's going on much faster. Once the know about the Spores, etc., they could just glass the planet right?

On 11/24/2021 at 11:52 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

Again, it depends on how much the Flood gets. The Tyranids seem to be far more advanced than the likes of the UNSC, and I'm pretty sure they're a Hive-Mind, which would give them a much better idea of what's going on much faster. Once the know about the Spores, etc., they could just glass the planet right?

I feel like the prompt either totally disqualifies or heavily disincentivizes this as an option. They're fighting it on earth.

I don't know anything about the Tyranids, but the Flood are inordinately difficult to rid yourself of. I'd be interested to see some Tyranid feats.

1 hour ago, corvette1710 said:

I feel like the prompt either totally disqualifies or heavily disincentivizes this as an option. They're fighting it on earth.

I don't know anything about the Tyranids, but the Flood are inordinately difficult to rid yourself of. I'd be interested to see some Tyranid feats.

Why would the prompt disqualify the glassing the planet option? It says that their fighting on Earth but not necessarily trying to conquer it. It specifically says and I quote “Which aliens win when they battle on planet Earth?” Therefore if glassing a planet helps the Tyranids win, then I think it’s a perfectly reasonable argument.

Keep in mind the Tyranids main modus operandi when attacking a planet is to destroy it’s atmosphere and make it so lifeless that no other living species can survive it. The Tyranids have evolved to the the point they don’t need to breath, and their hard exoskeletons can endure planets whose temperatures match Venus surface (which would boil alive any human that tried to land on it). So they could also win by simply making the environment too unlivable for even the Flood to live on.