Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Doctor Doom at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Khazan Arena

I see this going the way of a Doom vs Hulk fight; Doom has just too much power, magic, tech and resources for Battle Beast to handle.

4586465-8943467540-34570.jpg

Doom will be able to knock him out or immobilise him, or at a push steal his strength/powers as he has done to others.

On 11/24/2021 at 9:42 AM, Culwych1 said:

I see this going the way of a Doom vs Hulk fight; Doom has just too much power, magic, tech and resources for Battle Beast to handle.

4586465-8943467540-34570.jpg

Doom will be able to knock him out or immobilise him, or at a push steal his strength/powers as he has done to others.

What book is this? I love seeing Doom throw down.

As I said before, I think Doom is actually not the strongest in this slot. His power is limited without prep. However, Battle Beast is a little too straight forward for this matchup. He's pretty strong, but his physical superiority wouldn't be enough to overcome Doom's shields and magic, and while he's tough and durable, Doom has a lot of hax that BB doesn't have a counter for

5 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

As I said before, I think Doom is actually not the strongest in this slot. His power is limited without prep. However, Battle Beast is a little too straight forward for this matchup. He's pretty strong, but his physical superiority wouldn't be enough to overcome Doom's shields and magic, and while he's tough and durable, Doom has a lot of hax that BB doesn't have a counter for

I think he is actually one of the strongest simply due to his pure versatility. He has advanced tech which can allow him to withstand enormous punishment as well as built in gadgets such as discharging 100,000 volts of electricity, teleporting during battle or regularly (without prep) absorb powers of others; he has one of the keenest minds in Marvel Universe, comparable to a super computer and which also allows him to withstand psionics amongst other things; and to top that all he is one of the most powerful sorcerors, having summoned a horde of demons during fights, created huge fireballs or even sent people back in time.  

I was banking on that versatility to be enough to overcome most of the fighters in the slot. Super strength? Fight them with magic. Telepathy? Tech and his powerful mind. Speed? Again his shields and magic. Other powers? Absorb them if he things they are powerful enough to be useful.

5 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

I think he is actually one of the strongest simply due to his pure versatility. He has advanced tech which can allow him to withstand enormous punishment as well as built in gadgets such as discharging 100,000 volts of electricity, teleporting during battle or regularly (without prep) absorb powers of others; he has one of the keenest minds in Marvel Universe, comparable to a super computer and which also allows him to withstand psionics amongst other things; and to top that all he is one of the most powerful sorcerors, having summoned a horde of demons during fights, created huge fireballs or even sent people back in time.  

I was banking on that versatility to be enough to overcome most of the fighters in the slot. Super strength? Fight them with magic. Telepathy? Tech and his powerful mind. Speed? Again his shields and magic. Other powers? Absorb them if he things they are powerful enough to be useful.

The power absorption is something that I'm fairly certain he can't do without prep time. The only times I can remember him doing it, he had to build a device specifically for the power he was stealing, and he had to catch them off guard to steal their powers. Without prep, I can't remember him being able to steal powers. Granted, I'm not a Doom expert, but at least any time I've seen him steal powers, he's had a lot of preparation

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The power absorption is something that I'm fairly certain he can't do without prep time. The only times I can remember him doing it, he had to build a device specifically for the power he was stealing, and he had to catch them off guard to steal their powers. Without prep, I can't remember him being able to steal powers. Granted, I'm not a Doom expert, but at least any time I've seen him steal powers, he's had a lot of preparation

He has definitely stolen powers with his magic before, but I'll grant you the cosmics (surfer, beyonder, galactus) were with a machine that he had built.

I'll try and dig up a scan but if I can find it, but I seem to remember him either learning time travel magic or infusing his armour with some time travel capabilities, which if he was smart enough (which I think we can agree he is) would mean he could use the time travel to give himself enough time to build a machine to steal his opponents power... thats definitely a tactic I can see Doom using.

10 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

He has definitely stolen powers with his magic before, but I'll grant you the cosmics (surfer, beyonder, galactus) were with a machine that he had built.

I'll try and dig up a scan but if I can find it, but I seem to remember him either learning time travel magic or infusing his armour with some time travel capabilities, which if he was smart enough (which I think we can agree he is) would mean he could use the time travel to give himself enough time to build a machine to steal his opponents power... thats definitely a tactic I can see Doom using.

If you can find a feat of him doing that, maybe I'll Grant it to you, but it seems very much like leaving the terrain to me. It also seems like a "thing he could theoretically do to win every time," but not like something he's likely to try hardly ever. I mean, he does lose in the comics to people below this tier with some regularity. Let's not pretend he's unbeatable

18 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

If you can find a feat of him doing that, maybe I'll Grant it to you, but it seems very much like leaving the terrain to me. It also seems like a "thing he could theoretically do to win every time," but not like something he's likely to try hardly ever. I mean, he does lose in the comics to people below this tier with some regularity. Let's not pretend he's unbeatable

Not a great scan, but here he strips his opponents of her power and adds it to his own. 

jbLIvs7_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

He has also beaten opponents far above his tier, so I see no reason to not take his best feats for an all out fight like this one. He has come a long way from the typical villain he once was, and is a powerhouse than can stand toe to toe with the best.

I'm sure I've read a comic where Thanos is taken away in handcuffs by police, and Darkseid has fallen down a step, but that's not a reflection of their full potential or power which is what we use in these matches. 

5 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Not a great scan, but here he strips his opponents of her power and adds it to his own. 

jbLIvs7_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

He has also beaten opponents far above his tier, so I see no reason to not take his best feats for an all out fight like this one. He has come a long way from the typical villain he once was, and is a powerhouse than can stand toe to toe with the best.

I'm sure I've read a comic where Thanos is taken away in handcuffs by police, and Darkseid has fallen down a step, but that's not a reflection of their full potential or power which is what we use in these matches. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't use Doom's best feats. I'm just saying we need to apply context to those feats. It's widely known that Doom is the best comic prepper other than maybe Batman, and the flip side of that coin is that his base is a bit weaker than the other people here. I have no context for the above feat, so I don't know how impressive it is to steal that person's powers

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't use Doom's best feats. I'm just saying we need to apply context to those feats. It's widely known that Doom is the best comic prepper other than maybe Batman, and the flip side of that coin is that his base is a bit weaker than the other people here. I have no context for the above feat, so I don't know how impressive it is to steal that person's powers

Fair point . 

I think though that we are in agreement that his shields, magic and tech are enough to put down Battle Beast.

How he fairs against future opponents remains to be seen and I'll share specific scans which showcase the specific powers I think would see him over the line against them. 

13 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

Fair point . 

I think though that we are in agreement that his shields, magic and tech are enough to put down Battle Beast.

How he fairs against future opponents remains to be seen and I'll share specific scans which showcase the specific powers I think would see him over the line against them. 

Fair enough. We'll cross the other bridges when we get there. For now, Battle Beast is tough but is far too straightforward and predictable for the likes of Doom. He's not strong enough to easily overwhelm Doom

• Like 1