Slot: The Team's Disney Fairy Tale Villain
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Madam Mim at this Wiki
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Disney Villains: Swindle Scrooge McDuck

Heh, this would actually make a pretty entertaining Disney Afternoon crossover. :D 

But yeah, while Demona can be cunning when she wants, she also has a very short fuse. I could see Scrooge's antics eventually causing her to fly off the handle before she gets far. 

Meanwhile, Mim could probably pull off something similar to Higitus Figitus with Scrooge's money: 

If the scenario said steal from Scrooge. 

Mim might have an easier time because of her power set, but it's says swindle and I think it's fair to say that Demona has spent more time using powerful obsessive men to accomplish her goals then Mim.

Cunning and trickery is part of Demona's character, not so much for Mim.

Demona also likely has access to assets provided by Xanatos that will make gaining in roads with McDuck easier.

As to Demona having a short fuse. I say Mim is frustrated just as fast if not faster.

And if she turns Scrooge into a squirrel out of frustration it's all over for her.

So yeah, Demona's got way more experience running the long con on powerful men.

I'm not sure either can accomplish there goal, but I'd like Demona's chances more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RiotGear said:

If the scenario said steal from Scrooge. 

Mim might have an easier time because of her power set, but it's says swindle and I think it's fair to say that Demona has spent more time using powerful obsessive men to accomplish her goals then Mim.

Cunning and trickery is part of Demona's character, not so much for Mim.

Demona also likely has access to assets provided by Xanatos that will make gaining in roads with McDuck easier.

As to Demona having a short fuse. I say Mim is frustrated just as fast if not faster.

And if she turns Scrooge into a squirrel out of frustration it's all over for her.

So yeah, Demona's got way more experience running the long con on powerful men.

I'm not sure either can accomplish there goal, but I'd like Demona's chances more.

Thing with Demona is, while she's spent a millennia gathering her wealth, she never became nearly as comically rich as Scrooge did in a matter of decades, and she's never really managed to swindle anyone out of money without an accomplice, at least as far as we know. Scrooge is also notoriously stingy with making loans, business deals, etc., and immediately get suspicious at even a whiff of anyone attempting to cheat him out of his money. 

Meanwhile, while Mim likely wouldn't actually do any better at cheating Scrooge out of the million dollars, she'd just use her magic to up and take it. Of course, Scrooge would chase Mim to the ends of the earth to get it back, but at least Mim would've actually acquired the money. 

Demona spends time deceiving Macbeth to get his money. This is just another Scot she's got to swindle.

5 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

Demona spends time deceiving Macbeth to get his money. This is just another Scot she's got to swindle.

Macbeth was, like her, over a millennia old, and therefore very lonely between his long life and stewing over vengeance, and as I mentioned, she had help in that scheme from a very cunning Thailog. 

Scrooge, however, is very watchful and stingy with his money, and never really worries about lonliness whether he has family around him or not. Also, Demona's on her own in this one. 

Scrooge does have a history of protecting his money from magical villains (Magica De Spell) so I think he will have some sense of what he is up against when Madam Mim takes her shot at stealing his money.

Scrooge, however, has never come across anyone like Demona before. His rogues gallery is mostly oafish and comedic, he has not come across anyone as treacherous, conniving, and ruthless as Demona before. Glomgold could never. When she is done, Demona would probably claw at his nephews' faces and start a whole new Hunter lineage. (Huey would admittedly look awesome with a Hunter's mask)

12 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Scrooge does have a history of protecting his money from magical villains (Magica De Spell) so I think he will have some sense of what he is up against when Madam Mim takes her shot at stealing his money.

Scrooge, however, has never come across anyone like Demona before. His rogues gallery is mostly oafish and comedic, he has not come across anyone as treacherous, conniving, and ruthless as Demona before. Glomgold could never. When she is done, Demona would probably claw at his nephews' faces and start a whole new Hunter lineage. (Huey would admittedly look awesome with a Hunter's mask)

Et tu, Johnny? 

Well, several people are bringing up Demona's wealth and cunning, but I have yet to see any actual examples of her conning money from someone on her own and without the assistance of someone like Xanatos or Thailog. 

Meanwhile, Mim has more options just from using her magic (which she can perform with much more ease than Demona, BTW). She can change into any number of anthropomorphic citizens to try to work a con on Scrooge, use hypnosis on him, turn into any number of beast to try to intimidate him, or kidnap his loved ones for ransom (and she'd be able to whisk them away to somewhere Scrooge couldn't easily find them). 

And since you brought up Magica De Spell, AFAIK, the only money she's ever really tried to take away from Scrooge is his #1 dime, and she's even briefly succeeded with that at times. Mim's magic is at least as powerful as most versions of Magica's, so I'd imagine she wouldn't have any less trouble getting at Scrooge's dough.

Demona's Macbeth scheme involved Thailog as a business partner. The seduction and transferring of assets to Demona is all her.

4 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

Demona's Macbeth scheme involved Thailog as a business partner. The seduction and transferring of assets to Demona is all her.

She never would've thought to come up with the idea if not for Thailog, especially since it was her most hated enemy she scammed in Macbeth.

Also, as I've already mentioned, Macbeth had a very specific weakness that Demona herself knew all too well: his intense loneliness from being immortal. Scrooge, however, is not immortal, and, depending on the medium, either has all the company he needs in his nephews, friends, and occasional love interests, or doesn't particular care as much about being alone as he does about his money.

Mim, meanwhile, just straight up has more options to use against Scrooge.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:18 PM, DSkillz said:

Meanwhile, while Mim likely wouldn't actually do any better at cheating Scrooge out of the million dollars, she'd just use her magic to up and take it. Of course, Scrooge would chase Mim to the ends of the earth to get it back, but at least Mim would've actually acquired the money. 

And that still wouldn't count as a win. The challenge is to swindle McDuck. 

As in to cheat or deceive. Not steal from or rob.

Sure Mim has a better chance at robbing Scrooge, but Demona has a better shot at swindling him.

And that is what is being asked of them here.

8 hours ago, RiotGear said:

And that still wouldn't count as a win. The challenge is to swindle McDuck. 

As in to cheat or deceive. Not steal from or rob.

Sure Mim has a better chance at robbing Scrooge, but Demona has a better shot at swindling him.

And that is what is being asked of them here.

As I mentioned a few posts up, Mim would still have more options. She could turn into any number of Duckberg-like citizens to work a con on Scrooge, or she could simply hypnotize him into transferring a million over to her. 

Either way, swindled.