Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Noid at this Wiki
Official Site: Domino's Pizza

Battle Terrain
Marketing Challenge: Colgate Frozen Meals

The reason I went with a fairly-unconventional mascot pick in Mario is that he does more than just star in and sell video games. He's also featured in clothing, linen, household utensils, toys, and other products. 

For example, can he sell food? I think so. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kellogg-s-Super-Mario-Breakfast-Cereal-Marshmallow-8-4-oz/545139362

https://www.japancandystore.com/nobel-super-mario-gummies

https://www.frysfood.com/p/campbell-s-spaghettios-meatballs-super-mario-shaped-pasta-with-meatballs/0005100023315

Sure, they slap Mario on Food products, but one of those is an already established brand, and the other two are tried and true general products they shove anything in. There are all kinds of dumb cereals promoted by random shows and characters, and even more so for gummies and fruit snacks. Nothing Mario sells is experimental. This product is very experimental, and I think because of that, the Noid would be far better at selling it

8 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Sure, they slap Mario on Food products, but one of those is an already established brand, and the other two are tried and true general products they shove anything in. There are all kinds of dumb cereals promoted by random shows and characters, and even more so for gummies and fruit snacks. Nothing Mario sells is experimental. This product is very experimental, and I think because of that, the Noid would be far better at selling it

Mario is also much bigger of a mascot name and much more of a consistent and prominent presence in pop culture. The recent Domino ads that feature Noid are literally the first new appearances I've seen him make in almost 30 years.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Mario is also much bigger of a mascot name and much more of a consistent and prominent presence in pop culture. The recent Domino ads that feature Noid are literally the first new appearances I've seen him make in almost 30 years.

I tend not to look at how ubiquitous the mascot is unless it's a tie-breaker. Otherwise, characters like Mickey Mouse would never lose. Even if another character has perfect synergy with the product, Mickey Mouse would just outsell them on brand recognition alone 9 times out of 10. Because so many people picked more obscure characters, I think it's much more interesting to primarily focus on which character has better synergy with the product, not which is more popular

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I tend not to look at how ubiquitous the mascot is unless it's a tie-breaker. Otherwise, characters like Mickey Mouse would never lose. Even if another character has perfect synergy with the product, Mickey Mouse would just outsell them on brand recognition alone 9 times out of 10. Because so many people picked more obscure characters, I think it's much more interesting to primarily focus on which character has better synergy with the product, not which is more popular

That being the case for you, I'm not so sure Noid would have the better synergy here. He's only really been attached to foods from the Domino's brand and has a nerdy, almost alien appearance. Mario, however, has been associated with any number of food products and has also had a variety of looks. 

1 hour ago, leroypowell3 said:

I'm going with the Noid. They could make some good commercials with him.

Someone that's only recently been in commercials for the first time since the '90's? Mario's consistently been in the public eye, and for many products.