Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:4 - The Equalists vs. Cowboys

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 4

The Equalists

Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Equalists at this Wiki
Official Site: Nickelodeon

Cowboys

Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Cowboys at this Wiki
Official Site: Public Domain

Battle Terrain
Cannon Fodder Challenge: Arena Free For All

Ah, the CBUB debut of the Equalists. :) 

The Equalists are pretty formidable and with a diverse skillset, which they'd have to be take on strong benders. 

Case in point, the average Equalist is skilled in chi-blocking, as Korra and Mako find out the hard way: 

They also thrive on the element of surprise to ambush their opponents, like when they invaded the pro-bending arena, managing to ambush and put Tenzin, Lin and her metalbending police force, and the Fire Ferrets long enough to wreck the place. This terrain offers the Equalists opportunity to prevail in pretty much the same way.

6 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Ah, the CBUB debut of the Equalists. :) 

The Equalists are pretty formidable and with a diverse skillset, which they'd have to be take on strong benders. 

Case in point, the average Equalist is skilled in chi-blocking, as Korra and Mako find out the hard way: 

They also thrive on the element of surprise to ambush their opponents, like when they invaded the pro-bending arena, managing to ambush and put Tenzin, Lin and her metalbending police force, and the Fire Ferrets long enough to wreck the place. This terrain offers the Equalists opportunity to prevail in pretty much the same way.

Yeah, there's a lot of room to sneak up on your opponent in a wide open arena. Assuming they start on opposite sides of the arena, each team coming in one of those entrances there in the picture, the Equalists will all be long dead before they can reach the cowboys. The Equalists are acrobatic and quick, but there's a reason every military on the planet relies on guns and not Chi-blocking. The cowboys are going to blow the Equalists apart long before they become a threat

16 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Yeah, there's a lot of room to sneak up on your opponent in a wide open arena. Assuming they start on opposite sides of the arena, each team coming in one of those entrances there in the picture, the Equalists will all be long dead before they can reach the cowboys. The Equalists are acrobatic and quick, but there's a reason every military on the planet relies on guns and not Chi-blocking. The cowboys are going to blow the Equalists apart long before they become a threat

Ah, but the Equalists are a well-oiled machine as a unit and very well-trained in stealth and military-esque tactics. They're not shy about using gas bombs to cover their tracks, and have also used disguises to hide themselves in a crowd. It wouldn't really be out of the Equalists' capability to hide out in the arena, throw some gas bombs to aid their cover, then use such methods as ensnare the cowboys in bolas and incapacitate them with chi-blocking strikes or their electrified gloves. 

Cowboys are good, but I seriously doubt they're as coordinated as a group as the Equalists have shown to be.

1 minute ago, DSkillz said:

Ah, but the Equalists are a well-oiled machine as a unit and very well-trained in stealth and military-esque tactics. They're not shy about using gas bombs to cover their tracks, and have also used disguises to hide themselves in a crowd. It wouldn't really be out of the Equalists' capability to hide out in the arena, throw some gas bombs to aid their cover, then use such methods as ensnare the cowboys in bolas and incapacitate them with chi-blocking strikes or their electrified gloves. 

Cowboys are good, but I seriously doubt they're as coordinated as a group as the Equalists have shown to be.

Where does it show a crowd in the picture? Also, what makes you assume that the Equalists are allowed to just not start in the arena. It's an all-out arena fight, it's silly to assume that they're going to be able to start outside of the arena. As soon as the fight starts, the cowboys (who are famously quick on the draw) start blasting the Equalists to hell. They maybe won't kill them all in their first 6 shots, but they'll obliterate their numbers, and I just don't see how the Equalists come back from that. Cowboy's quickdraw is going to be faster than the Equalists' gas bombs, and much faster than the Equalists' fists

One group can effectively wipe the other out from across the entire arena, the other simply can't. This isn't hard

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Where does it show a crowd in the picture? Also, what makes you assume that the Equalists are allowed to just not start in the arena. It's an all-out arena fight, it's silly to assume that they're going to be able to start outside of the arena. As soon as the fight starts, the cowboys (who are famously quick on the draw) start blasting the Equalists to hell. They maybe won't kill them all in their first 6 shots, but they'll obliterate their numbers, and I just don't see how the Equalists come back from that. Cowboy's quickdraw is going to be faster than the Equalists' gas bombs, and much faster than the Equalists' fists

One group can effectively wipe the other out from across the entire arena, the other simply can't. This isn't hard

Just realised neither the Samurai nor the Cowboys are in your team! These guys owe you a beer 😆

10 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Just love how you're assuming every cowboy is going to be a pinpoint-accurate quick draw. Fact of the matter is, most cowboys have historically been ranch hands who round up horses and cattle and not so practiced at sharpshooting. Handguns are also notoriously inaccurate for such quick-draw feats. 

https://www.cracked.com/article_18487_6-ridiculous-history-myths-you-probably-think-are-true.html 

If we're going to assume every cowboy is going to be as good on-the-draw as the Lone Ranger, Shane, or "Maddog" Tannen, we might as well also let the Equalists have their mecha tanks and fighter planes. 

Meanwhile, unlike the cowboys, the Equalists are a well-organized unit. While the cowboys may initially be able to knock off a few Equalists, the remaining members would then retreat into the hallways and among the seats, etc., and await opportunities to pick the less-organized cowboys off one-by-one.

1 minute ago, DSkillz said:

Just love how you're assuming every cowboy is going to be a pinpoint-accurate quick draw. Fact of the matter is, most cowboys have historically been ranch hands who round up horses and cattle and not so practiced at sharpshooting. Handguns are also notoriously inaccurate for such quick-draw feats. 

https://www.cracked.com/article_18487_6-ridiculous-history-myths-you-probably-think-are-true.html 

If we're going to assume every cowboy is going to be as good on-the-draw as the Lone Ranger, Shane, or "Maddog" Tannen, we might as well also let the Equalists have their mecha tanks and fighter planes. 

Meanwhile, unlike the cowboys, the Equalists are a well-organized unit. While the cowboys may initially be able to knock off a few Equalists, the remaining members would then retreat into the hallways and among the seats, etc., and await opportunities to pick the less-organized cowboys off one-by-one.

The category doesn't say "Real Life Cowboys." It's the stereotypical "Cowboy" from Pop Culture, who is a quick-drawin', fast-shootin', rootin', tootin' varmint. So that article does literally nothing for your case.

I didn't even say every cowboy would hit every shot, but if all of them just fan-the-hammer in the direction of the Equalists, it'll wreck their numbers even if each individual shot isn't very accurate. That's also assuming none of the cowboys have rifles, something which cowboys stereotypically often do have. So no, the fodder of the Equalists don't have their tanks and planes, that's a ridiculous argument. Even if the cowboys aren't all super accurate, they really don't need to be when they outrange their opponents by so much. They will get so many shots in before the Equalists can even hope to clear the distance that it won't matter if they aren't hitting every shot.

Do you like not understand the arena they're in? How are they going to sneak up and pick people off in a massive and open arena? There is literally nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.   

Regardless of the Cowboys accuracy, assume they only land one of their six shots before reloading. If each cowboy does this vs an equal number of equalists, it is game over.

11 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The category doesn't say "Real Life Cowboys." It's the stereotypical "Cowboy" from Pop Culture, who is a quick-drawin', fast-shootin', rootin', tootin' varmint. So that article does literally nothing for your case.

Thing is, the type of cowboy you're referencing would be at or near the level of the figures I've mentioned. If we're literally going to be using the very best from each Cannon Fodder (or the equivalent to such), we may as well let, say, the Foot Clan use the Foot Elite. 

33 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I didn't even say every cowboy would hit every shot, but if all of them just fan-the-hammer in the direction of the Equalists, it'll wreck their numbers even if each individual shot isn't very accurate. That's also assuming none of the cowboys have rifles, something which cowboys stereotypically often do have. So no, the fodder of the Equalists don't have their tanks and planes, that's a ridiculous argument. Even if the cowboys aren't all super accurate, they really don't need to be when they outrange their opponents by so much. They will get so many shots in before the Equalists can even hope to clear the distance that it won't matter if they aren't hitting every shot.

That's a pretty large and wide-open arena, though. The Equalists would be running and tumbling around and using gas and smoke as cover, and the further away a portion of them get, the less accurate the cowboys' shots would be. 

36 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Do you like not understand the arena they're in? How are they going to sneak up and pick people off in a massive and open arena? There is literally nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

I'm looking more at the seating area and tunneyways around the main battlefield. It was never said that either party couldn't leave the battlefield to fight, and that would definitely be a tactic a team such as the Equalists would employ. 

Do the cowboys get there cows. 'cause a cattle stampede alone could wreck the Equalists. Who don't have the fire power to scare or put down the charge.

Even if the cowboys don't get there cattle. They are basically cavalry and cavalry charges normal break light infantry pretty quick.

In this case it might be even worse because the infantry in question is a purely melee force, from what I remember.

6 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Thing is, the type of cowboy you're referencing would be at or near the level of the figures I've mentioned. If we're literally going to be using the very best from each Cannon Fodder (or the equivalent to such), we may as well let, say, the Foot Clan use the Foot Elite. 

Absolutely not. The average, stereotypical cowboy is the kind of guy those guys beat on a regular basis. However, they're still capable of accurately firing a gun at a target, which is all they need for this challenge really.

That's a pretty large and wide-open arena, though. The Equalists would be running and tumbling around and using gas and smoke as cover, and the further away a portion of them get, the less accurate the cowboys' shots would be. 

Sure, but the vast majority of them are going to get tagged by a volley of shots before they can get anywhere near, like I've said a dozen times by now. The Equalists have to close that gap somehow, and the Cowboys are going to be able to shoot at them the entire time they try to close that gap. The Equalists completely lack ranged weaponry and can't get near the cowboys without getting shot at by all of them

7 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I'm looking more at the seating area and tunneyways around the main battlefield. It was never said that either party couldn't leave the battlefield to fight, and that would definitely be a tactic a team such as the Equalists would employ. 

Can we think of a reason why leaving the arena in an "arena combat free-for-all" might count as a loss? You're being intentionally obtuse now. I shouldn't have to do this, but an arena is "a large enclosed platform, often circular or oval-shaped, designed to showcase theatre, musical performances, or sporting events." Leaving the ARENA in the ARENA combat free-for-all definitely counts as abandoning the battlefield in my book. It's literally in the name

Man, RL stuffs held me up for a long time, lol

6 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Do the cowboys get there cows. 'cause a cattle stampede alone could wreck the Equalists. Who don't have the fire power to scare or put down the charge.

Bruh, if the cowboys get to usher in an entire stampede of cattle, then the Equalists get their mecha tanks, fighter jets, and blimps. 😛 But then both sides would have to leave the arena to continue fighting. Speaking of:

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Can we think of a reason why leaving the arena in an "arena combat free-for-all" might count as a loss? You're being intentionally obtuse now. I shouldn't have to do this, but an arena is "a large enclosed platform, often circular or oval-shaped, designed to showcase theatre, musical performances, or sporting events." Leaving the ARENA in the ARENA combat free-for-all definitely counts as abandoning the battlefield in my book. It's literally in the name

That's not necessarily so. An arena can also be the building that contains the battlefield/playing field, etc. Not only does the broader definition of arena also make sense, it would allow for more options for both teams (as well as any other teams that draw the same terrain) than just fighting in an open, featureless space. 

In this case, both the cowboys and the Equalists could take cover in spots throughout the building and wait for opportunities to strike. The cowboys could use the area to hide away from and seek out Equalists to gun down. The Equalists are better at stealth and guerrila tactics, though. 

Man, RL stuffs held me up for a long time, lol

Bruh, if the cowboys get to usher in an entire stampede of cattle, then the Equalists get their mecha tanks, fighter jets, and blimps. 😛 But then both sides would have to leave the arena to continue fighting. Speaking of:

That's not necessarily so. An arena can also be the building that contains the battlefield/playing field, etc. Not only does the broader definition of arena also make sense, it would allow for more options for both teams (as well as any other teams that draw the same terrain) than just fighting in an open, featureless space. 

In this case, both the cowboys and the Equalists could take cover in spots throughout the building and wait for opportunities to strike. The cowboys could use the area to hide away from and seek out Equalists to gun down. The Equalists are better at stealth and guerrila tactics, though. 

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that you're just desperately grasping at straws at this point, and I don't really see much point in continuing to argue because everyone else seems to be in agreement about this. This isn't even my fight lol

12 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I'm not sure the mechs and zeppelins would count as Equalist cannon fodder.

Where as your average cowboy is likely to have cows about.

Point is moot now, but ... 

On 11/17/2021 at 9:52 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that you're just desperately grasping at straws at this point, and I don't really see much point in continuing to argue because everyone else seems to be in agreement about this. This isn't even my fight lol

Think what you want, but I've seen the word "arena" used both ways, and the "building" definition is used more that you'd apparently think. I'll be sure to bring this point up in every match I see the arena terrain is used, whether my pick draws it again or not. 

On 11/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, RiotGear said:

I'm not sure the mechs and zeppelins would count as Equalist cannon fodder.

Where as your average cowboy is likely to have cows about.

I seriously doubt the cowboys would be randomly bringing cattle to a battlefield anyway. Both cows and bulls are notoriously too passive and aggresive, respectively, to be effectively used in combat.