MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 17376 Dhalsim vs. Ryuji Yamazaki

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 160

Maki.jpg.b57c6dbbb361499731d48ba343b00155.jpg

The Bushinryu disciple, Maki Genryusai, raced across the rooftops of Tokyo, on her way to the Kanzuki Estate to reconnect with Kyo Kusanagi and join Ken and Ryu who were already there. (REF: KOLIN VS. HONOKA) She did not know what difficult fights lay ahead, but she was excited to show off her skill. At any rate, she was confident that no fight could be stranger than what she had already experienced, fighting a bear in a hospital. (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. KUMA) Mostly, Maki was simply excited that she would not be stuck playing the role of medical transport anymore to the likes of Kim Kaphwan and Ryo Sakazaki. (REF: KIM KAPHWAN VS. JURI HAN) Kyo would just have to get over the disappointment that Maki was not bringing his friend Benimaru. (REF: KASUMI VS. MASTER RAVEN)

Maki stopped in her tracks when she noticed a clan of ninjas moving across the rooftops in a perpendicular way to her. They were fast, but Maki was easily able to follow their movements. She gasped when she recognized someone amongst them who looked nothing like the others, a blonde man in an orange gi.

“Ryo Sakazaki!!” Maki shouted.

Ryo paused at the sound of his name and turned his neck in her direction. “Maki?!?”

Maki jumped over to the roof where Ryo was located. 

“What are you doing here?” Ryo asked.

“What are YOU doing here?!?” Maki shouted. “You look good as new. Much better than when we parted ways.”

Ryo smiled. “I owe that to the ones that came for me, the Mugen Tenshin. They patched me up. They also gave me a test to prove myself, (REF: HAYATE VS. RYO SAKAZAKI) and I passed. That’s why I’m here. We are working together.”

“To do what?” Maki wondered.

“Eliminate the evil forces that are feeding into the Soul Edge sword, to stop it from growing stronger,” answered Ryo.

Maki lifted an eyebrow. “Is the brown haired one with you? The one from the hospital?”

Ryo shook his head. “That is Hayate, the leader of the Mugen Tenshin, and no, he is leading a separate faction of the clan after a different evil entity. In truth, I think he is going after his sister. She went against his wishes and went off on her own to fight a demonic force. (REF: KASUMI VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) As an older brother myself, I can relate to his frustration of trying to look after a headstrong impulsive younger sister.”

Maki rolled her eyes and steered the conversation back to his current movements. “So where are you going?”

“After proving myself in battle, Hayate entrusted a small portion of his clan to me to pursue whichever evil target I chose,” explained Ryo.

“And that choice ws?”

“Kazuya Mishima of the G Corporation!” Ryo announced. “He is a tyrant and he possesses the Devil Gene. Can’t get more evil than that. Surely his presence adds to the threat of Soul Edge.”

“I’m impressed,” Maki remarked. “You certainly are going after the big fish off the bat.”

“I see no reason not to,” stated Ryo. “You should come with me. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t even be here. I probably would have bled to death in that forest. (REF: LUONG VS. JURI HAN)  I will vouch for you with the Mugen Tenshin.”

Maki sighed. “I.. I can’t do that. I am on my way to the Kanzuki Estate to meet back up with Kyo and the others.”

“To do what? Have they finally figured out how to properly seal Soul Edge or even parts of it?”

“I… I don’t know,” Maki admitted.

“As much as I would like to rejoin our allies, I made a vow to the Mugen Tenshin that I intend to honor,” Ryo declared. “Hopefully when we cross paths again, we will both have been successful.”

Ryo nodded respectfully toward Maki and then ran away to catch up with the Mugen Tenshin. Maki did not move. She looked back and forth between the direction of her destination and the direction that Ryo ran off to. After a few moments, she made up her mind.

“I hope I don’t regret this,” she whispered.

Maki changed direction and followed after Ryo. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuji.jpg.cd42864cec9631c70f3ef1a9f5f89337.jpg

Dhalsim and the fortune teller, Rose, arrived at the hospital closest to the G Corporation building carrying a badly beaten Terry Bogard with them. (REF: SIEGFRIED VS. GILL)

“You think it wise to stop at a place so close to the G Corporation? Do you not worry that Kazuya Mishima will send someone to finish Terry off?” Dhalsim questioned.

“I have the strong feeling that Kazuya does not care in the slightest whether Terry lives or dies, and that he won’t spend any time and energy on ensuring one outcome or the other. (REF: BRUCE IRVIN VS. CRIMSON VIPER) His focus remains solely on Soul Edge.” replied Rose. She then regarded her companion with some concern. “And what about you? Surely. the amount of teleporting we have just done to get Terry here quickly must have put a strain on you.”

“I admit I am not used to having a passenger or performing the technique so many times in quick succession. I will require some time to meditate and recharge while you check our friend in. I imagine the way back to our allies will be less strenuous since we can both teleport freely,” Dhalsim surmised.

Rose gazed around at the chaos surrounding them in the hospital. “I can’t imagine you will get much tranquility to meditate here.”

“I simply need to find an isolated room.”

“I’m afraid they might not let someone looking like you roam freely around looking for peace and quiet,” stated Rose. “At least not without a little distraction first”

Rose quietly walked back outside and discretely shot a Soul Spark at a nearby bush, causing a small explosion. Dhalsim nodded in her direction as staff and potential patients flocked to the window to catch a glimpse of the commotion. 

It did not take long for Dhalsim to find an empty unlit room and he immediately started to levitate with his legs crossed and meditate.

As Rose spoke with some nurses about Terry’s condition, a tall, shady individual slipped into the room where Dhalsim was meditating.

Dhalsim opened one eye. “You don’t appear to be a doctor, nurse, or orderly. Apologies, this room is occupied.”

The large intruder chuckled. “No big deal. It won’t be for long.”

A chill went down Dhalsim’s spine as he felt the foreign and sinister presence of Orochi blood from the man standing in front of the now closed door. “Who are you?”

The man in question, Ryuji Yamazaki, pulled out a knife and playfully tossed it in his hand. “I’m just a man looking for a good paycheck. Was worried the week was going to be a wash when my last employer ended up on the wrong end of a whip sword.  (REF: CHRISTIE VS. IVY VALENTINE) But things took a turn for the better when I was shown the contract on your bald head.”

Dhalsim did not immediately respond.

“Apparently it’s gone up significantly after a couple of failed attempts,” Ryuji informed. (REF: LEI FEI VS. DHALSIM)

“Perhaps you should take note of their failures, and pass on this opportunity,” Dhalsim suggested. (REF: ROSE VS. ZAFINA)

“I appreciate the warning, but I’m not worried. I do my homework and neither one of those chumps are even in my league. (REF: DHALSIM VS. VOLDO) Not to mention..” In the blink of an eye, Ryuji’s arm stretched out and he knocked Dhalsim from his levitation. Before Dhalsim could even react, Ryuji’s arm was back in his pant pocket. “You aren’t the only one here with a trick up their sleeve, Stretch!”

Dhalsim composed himself. “So, you also possess the ability to stretch your limbs, fascinating.”

“I can do a whole lot more than that,” Ryuji corrected.

“Well since it can’t be avoided…. Show me!” Dhalsim declared.

Ryuji laughed maniacally. “I am so going to enjoy this. Taking down those would be tough guys (REF: CODY TRAVERS VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI) was nice and all (REF: STEVE FOX VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI). But carving you up, you fire breathing rubber band, that’s going to be real fun!”

Personally I still think Ryuji first win was a fluke, like him beating Cody Travers? I just don’t get that. So anyways I definitely think his luck runs out here, Dhalsim power level is on level with Satsui no Hado empowered Ryu and Necalli, both of whom are at least mountain busters. 

Really liked this setup JohnnyChany, I think I’ll give it a 5/5.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Sorry I missed voting on and rating your previous one. Good as always to see what some of the characters have been up to.

As for this match, Ryuji appears that he'd stand a decent shot against a slightly worn-down Dhalsim if he were more disciplined and stable. Then again, discipline and stability appear to just not be in Yamazaki's character.

I guess Dhalsim takes this in a pretty decent battle.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.80 - leroypowell3
4.80 - Boratz
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.30 Total Combined Score
19.30 / 4 = 4.83 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 6