Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Bikers at this Wiki
Official Site: Public Domain

Battle Terrain
Cannon Fodder Challenge: King of the Hill

While bikers are ruthless yeah and have a ton of numbers, Gotham P.D. have dealt with worse than just bikers. Keep in mind these are police that work in Gotham City, a place where villains like The Joker, Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze are constantly running amok. Bikers are tough sure, but try fighting guys like those villains as well as goons who use weaponry themed after those villains.

1 hour ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

While bikers are ruthless yeah and have a ton of numbers, Gotham P.D. have dealt with worse than just bikers. Keep in mind these are police that work in Gotham City, a place where villains like The Joker, Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze are constantly running amok. Bikers are tough sure, but try fighting guys like those villains as well as goons who use weaponry themed after those villains.

Keep in mind that Gotham has resident biker gangs of there own that have tangled with all the same threats as the GCPD. There are also Biker Gangs in DC and Marvel and a multitude of other franchises and genres that have dealt with all manor of enemies. Some that would be out of context problems even for Gotham PD.

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

I'm leaning GCPD, police have more tactics and riot cops would be perfect for this sort of game.

A number of biker gangs/motorcycle clubs draw there membership exclusively from current or former military or law enforcement. So they are going to actually have large base knowledge of strategy and tactics.

Also likely more experience in what is largely a brawl. Cops are used to numbers and firepower advantage when subduing people. They are unlikely to have either here.

Depends on a few things. Are they bare-handed? What are the numbers? Average members or do they have a leader?

Depending on the answers, it could probably go either way. My initial thought is the Gotham City Police Department would have better experience against similar threats. Yes, there are Bikers in Gotham, but those bikers are made up of DC villains. This seems to be real-life bikers, who on average, would probably not be as seasoned or well-coordinated at the GCPD

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Depends on a few things. Are they bare-handed? What are the numbers? Average members or do they have a leader?

Depending on the answers, it could probably go either way. My initial thought is the Gotham City Police Department would have better experience against similar threats. Yes, there are Bikers in Gotham, but those bikers are made up of DC villains. This seems to be real-life bikers, who on average, would probably not be as seasoned or well-coordinated at the GCPD

It doesn't have to be real life bikers. It's simply generic bikers, so no named characters, but nothing says biker gangs from media are off limits.

Yeah sorry I'm just seeing a lot of supposition here for the bikers to have things go their way, like they're a gang that recruits exclusively from ex military types or that they're from certain media but there is no way to accurately confirm that. These bikers could totally be a bunch of overweight, out of shape people that like to ride just as much as they could be hardened ex-military. There's literally no way to be sure.

But with the GCPD, we know who they are and what they deal with on a regular basis. I think they would be relieved to be handling regular bikers instead of their usual for a change. Gotta go with them.

19 hours ago, C.T. said:

Yeah sorry I'm just seeing a lot of supposition here for the bikers to have things go their way, like they're a gang that recruits exclusively from ex military types or that they're from certain media but there is no way to accurately confirm that. These bikers could totally be a bunch of overweight, out of shape people that like to ride just as much as they could be hardened ex-military. There's literally no way to be sure.

But with the GCPD, we know who they are and what they deal with on a regular basis. I think they would be relieved to be handling regular bikers instead of their usual for a change. Gotta go with them.

I think part of this is a perspective thing. Do we view this as all bikers and the entirety of the GCPD or is it teams with equal numbers drawn from those groups.

If it's the first then the ex-military and fictional bikers will be present if it's the later and the teams are drawn at random then yes you could have some overweight out of shape bikers, who are more about riding then the other things associated with biker culture, but by the same token if the teams are created that way the GCPD could just as easily be saddled with Debra from HR or Larry in accounting. Rather then a team roster stacked with the finest GCPD SWAT members.

Remember it's the GCPD as whole, not just the cops.

We could look at the best from each group I guess, but you'd be back to special forces combat vets vs swat at that point.

We could take an average in which case we are probably looking at beat cops vs a biker gang. In which case we are back to the bikers being bigger, more ruthless, and having better balance ( which is important when fighting on a hill ). As well as likely having more experience in this kind of tussle.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:46 PM, RiotGear said:

but by the same token if the teams are created that way the GCPD could just as easily be saddled with Debra from HR or Larry in accounting. Rather then a team roster stacked with the finest GCPD SWAT members.

Remember it's the GCPD as whole, not just the cops.

I really like where you went with that.  That's a solid bit of reasoning.

The fact is that the player picked Gotham City Police Dept., and the GCPD is filled with just as many jelly doughnut eating desk jockeys as detective or SWAT employees.

The player ASSUMES they get the creme of the crop when they picked it, but we are talking about a city bureaucracy which has all kinds of non-combat types.

They player should have added Gotham SWAT to the CBUB DB if that was what was intended. The fact is that it literally could just be the GCPD human resources folks on that hill vs. Bikers.  I'd take the worst Bikers over GCPD HR Dept. on that hill any day.