Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

11:1 - The Derelict (LV-426) vs. Marco Diaz

UMPIRE

SEASON 11, ROUND 1

The Derelict (LV-426)

Slot: The Team's Location
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Derelict (LV-426) at this Wiki
Official Site: Twentieth Century Studios

Marco Diaz

Slot: The Team's Comedy Sidekick
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Marco Diaz at this Wiki
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

As far as I know about LV-426, if the environment doesn't get Marco, then what's in the cargo hold of the Derelict spacecraft will. I mean this is assuming that we're not accounting for the atmosphere processors over at Hadley's Hope, and assuming that this is sometime set before the fifty seven years which the colonist have established a settlement on the planet. So, assuming that there's no atmosphere processor, I don't seen Marco being able to last very long on account that the air prior to colonization isn't really breathable.

Assuming that this does take place during 2179 A.D., then sure... the atmosphere is breathable because of the atmosphere processors. And then we get to the Derelict. What do we know about it so far? Well, aside from it being very large, and mostly dead with an Engineer corpse inside-- there's also a silo full of Facehugger eggs. Hundreds, likely. So assuming that Marco does come across that area... and gets a close look at one of the eggs... He's not going to have any time to get away from the Fachugger springing out.

Oh, and assuming we count the Prometheus film as a prequel... then not only does the Derelict have the Facehugger eggs, but they potentially also may have the ampules which are filled with the black accelerate.

So what does Marco have going against him now?

No food, no water, heavy winds... Possibly a non-breathable atmosphere if the colony hasn't been established, and of course... Facehugger eggs, and MAYBE, just MAYBE the containers filled with the black liquid.

I'll give Marco the atmosphere on LV-426 and assume this takes place at that point in continuity.

There's a solid WIN and also a solid LOSS for Marco on this terrain.  The win or loss will totally depend on if this character is naturally CURIOUS.

If the character is naturally curious, then the character will explore the derelict alien craft and lose.  His Kung-fu will not save him.

If the character is not curious, then they will not explore and will win.

If naturally curious then LOSS. Else, WIN!

Unfortunately, I haven't watched the show and Google doesn't tell me if he is a (stupidly) curious character.

There's also the weather conditions on LV-426 which needs to be considered. It's been depicted as having heavy winds and frequent thunderstorms. This will more than likely force him to seek shelter and given that the colony of Hadley's Hope is some miles away... Marco might have no choice but to take shelter in the Derelict.

And that's probably going to cost him dearly.

@RakaiThwei and @Fox,

Look clearly you two haven’t seen Star vs The Forces of Evil so I understand that y’all would take one look at Marco and incorrectly assume he’s the stereotypical goofy, accident prone sidekick whose only there for comic relief. But as a long time fan of the show, let me assure you that Marco Diaz would straight up cake walk this scenario. I’ll explain:

Firstly, in Season 2 Episode 16 (Running With Scissors) Marco spent 16 years in Hekapoo’s dimension, trying to chase her down to prove himself worthy of her Dimensional Scissors. During those 16 years Marco survived the exploding plains of Flendar, the mists of the Neverzone, the Afflicted Forest where he fought and tamed a dragon-motorcycle creature he named Nachos, defeated an army wolf-bears, and the various clones of Hekapoo before finally blowing out her candle to prove himself worthy of the scissors. Admittedly most of that stuff happened off screen, but the point is that as long as the place has an atmosphere Marco can survive it.

Secondly, those Facehugger Aliens don’t stand a chance against Marco. The dude is fast enough to catch Hekapoo and her clones (Hekapoo can run across the circumference of a planet in about four seconds) and spar with Star Butterfly whose spells fire at the speed of lightning. Marco is also stronger then Ludo’s minions who can easily lift up cars and he survived being at the epicenter of this blast:

https://m.imgur.com/LmvTglx

Marco Diaz is a certified badass! He’s survived far worst threats then a couple of prepubescent alien experiments. This’ll just be a Tuesday for him.

20 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

@RakaiThwei and @Fox,

Look clearly you two haven’t seen Star vs The Forces of Evil so I understand that y’all would take one look at Marco and incorrectly assume he’s the stereotypical goofy, accident prone sidekick whose only there for comic relief.

To be honest... I haven't watched television in almost seven years. Not since I was homeless for a while.. Well, that's not entirely true about the not watching television part. I've seen a few shows here and there like Steven Universe and Gravity Falls, some Craig of the Creek too. But... I haven't watched television as much as I used to, to the point where I don't watch it at all since my Mom took over the only television with a cable box rigged to it.

And honestly, I... didn't even consider him as the accident prone sidekick. I actually did some brief reading on his entry on his Wiki article on a Disney wiki.

But... while everything you mentioned is great for a battle, surviving the Derelict is a whole other thing. Let's say he does come across the silo of eggs, the same one which Kane came across in the first ALIEN, and as far as I remember, there were hundreds of eggs there. So, even if Marco manages to stop one Facehugger, he can and WILL get swarmed when the other eggs open up the moment they sense life (or pick up the pheromones of a killed Facehugger and open up) and they will overwhelm him. This has been something seen in the films to some extent, specifically the first Alien vs. Predator movie (assuming you count that as canon) and to some when the sacrificial chamber was activated, when Miller shot one Facehugger and dozens more opened from their eggs and overwhelmed him, and when Scar and Lex came across the egg chamber. And I also believe this was seen somewhat in Resurrection too, when the crew of the Betty and Ripley managed to come across an egg chamber which was next to a body of water.

I can see Marco maybe handling... a few Facehuggers. But hundreds at one? Absolutely not.

And then comes another issue... Even if he doesn't come across the silo containing the Xenomorph eggs, what if he comes across the cargo room which contains the ampules which are filled with the black liquid as seen in the Prometheus and Covenant films? Okay, so... being around the ampules seems harmless enough, sure. But as we've seen with Prometheus, atmosphere changes will cause the ampules to sweat and leak out the black liquid. And as far as I know, direct contact with the black liquid is DANGEROUS... Either ingestion or other physical contact with it will cause severe mutations. Case in point, see Fiefeld in Prometheus when he got splashed into the black good, and was slowly turning into a Xenomorph like creature and the harmless worms which swam in the black liquid which became Hammerpedes.

And IF you count the Pre-Disney/Marvel acquisition of the Alien and Predator series, and refer to the now likely non-canonical (they were canon prior to the Disney purchase) Dark Horse comics, specifically, Fire and Stone-- it doesn't have to be ingestion of the black liquid to mutate. Even skin contact is enough as Xenomorphs were mutating from it, and a Human and Xenomorph merged to become something else by exposure to the black liquid.

The Derelict may likely have this dangerous cargo as well, as Ridley Scott has said in interviews that the Derelict on LV-426 more than likely came from LV-223. But of course that's if you're choosing the Prometheus continuity over Alien vs Predator continuity.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

Let's say he does come across the silo of eggs, the same one which Kane came across in the first ALIEN, and as far as I remember, there were hundreds of eggs there. So, even if Marco manages to stop one Facehugger, he can and WILL get swarmed when the other eggs open up the moment they sense life (or pick up the pheromones of a killed Facehugger and open up) and they will overwhelm him. This has been something seen in the films to some extent, specifically the first Alien vs. Predator movie (assuming you count that as canon) and to some when the sacrificial chamber was activated, when Miller shot one Facehugger and dozens more opened from their eggs and overwhelmed him, and when Scar and Lex came across the egg chamber.

If the eggs naturally hatch the second they sense life then why did only one of them hatch even though there were three life forms in the area? My personal theory was that the eggs in the 1st film were in some form of hibernation since there had been no food for them for a very long time, and that the only reason one of them woke up was because Kane actively made contact with it. The ones in AvP would probably be the default way the Xenomorph eggs operate, but again they probably didn’t need to hibernate for an unknown amount of time until suitable prey came along.

Since we are discussing the eggs of the first movie, we must assume that they operate the way we see it happen in the film: they only hatch when one touches them. Marco may not be a genius but once he survives the first attack by the facehugger even he would know not to disturb the others. He would likely barricade the chamber and then wait out the 24 hours until he could leave.

And then comes another issue... Even if he doesn't come across the silo containing the Xenomorph eggs, what if he comes across the cargo room which contains the ampules which are filled with the black liquid as seen in the Prometheus and Covenant films? Okay, so... being around the ampules seems harmless enough, sure. But as we've seen with Prometheus, atmosphere changes will cause the ampules to sweat and leak out the black liquid.

Assuming that those black liquids were in fact on the ship and that Ripley’s crew just missed them, all Marco would have to do is not touch them and he’d be fine. Again he’s no Einstein but I’m pretty sure even a fool would know that any type of black liquid wouldn’t be safe to ingest, and would most likely just avoid it. It’s a big ship so the odds of him choosing to stay nearby the potentially poisonous liquids for long enough for it to leak out is pretty unlikely.

10 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

If the eggs naturally hatch the second they sense life then why did only one of them hatch even though there were three life forms in the area? My personal theory was that the eggs in the 1st film were in some form of hibernation since there had been no food for them for a very long time, and that the only reason one of them woke up was because Kane actively made contact with it. The ones in AvP would probably be the default way the Xenomorph eggs operate, but again they probably didn’t need to hibernate for an unknown amount of time until suitable prey came along.

Well, assuming that the blue layer of mist which was covering the eggs was acting as some sort of stasis field, them being in hibernation might be the case in that situation. It's something which has been discussed in a lot of Alien-Predator groups, and is the general consensus as to why the eggs more or less haven't reacted as quickly as seen in later depictions. Age might also play a factor in it, as they could be centuries or possibly aeons old. Again, something discussed a lot in plenty of Alien-Predator groups... I'm having to recall all my old and now obsolete encyclopedic knowledge of all things Alien-Predator before the great retconning of 2010 and 2012.

But if I also recall, Kane slipped down the platform and that was a pretty steep fall, which he thankfully caught himself before seriously falling. I don't know how tall Kane was in the film, but let's assume he's somewhere between 5 - 6 feet... If we look at John Hurt's height (the actor who portrayed Kane), then let's assume Kane is 5''9. Looking at a clip in the first movie, that platform which he fell off was... close to neck level, so we're looking at a semi decent high climb there.

How tall is Marco? Because if he can't climb that platform, assuming he falls into the silo... He might be in trouble.

18 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Since we are discussing the eggs of the first movie, we must assume that they operate the way we see it happen in the film: they only hatch when one touches them. Marco may not be a genius but once he survives the first attack by the facehugger even he would know not to disturb the others. He would likely barricade the chamber and then wait out the 24 hours until he could leave.

Assuming that the field which was covering over the eggs is a stasis field, this might hinder the sensory abilities of the Ovomorph (the egg) to a degree. How much of a degree, we don't know but it's fair enough to assume it's a moderate degree to where the other eggs didn't react to Kane's presence. And of course, there's the issue of the Facehugger attacking... We've seen the Facehuggers move, and they are pretty damn fast and even outright stealthy when they need to be, especially as seen in the first AVP movie, when one Facehugger even managed to sneak up on the recently Blooded Yautja, Scar and latched onto him (although this was due to his lack of foresight to put his bio-helmet on his head as he was getting up).

Also looking at the interior of the Derelict, it's dark and has biomechanical features-- something which most Xenomorphs would take advantage of hiding in plain slight. I can see a Facehugger doing this quite well, and given the low light visibility which is... likely close to no light, this makes things VERY dangerous for Marco. Unless he has some sort of low light visibility I don't know about. A Facehugger could take advantage of this. In fact.. in Covenent-- one Facehugger was crafty enough to latch onto the gun of a gunman and mess up his aim, frightening him and then used the surroundings to get at him.

And then comes the Facehugger itself, and we know it's primary goal is to attach to Marco. Let's say, he does catch it... Problem is it has a very strong tail which is used to latching onto the neck, and can potentially choke him to weaken him. Now Marco needs to breath, right and when he watches it-- he's likely going to be burning oxygen in his muscles to hold the thing off. And Facehuggers are VERY strong despite their size to where it needs three to four people to pry it off from one person. Especially seen here in ALIENS.

It took three Marines and Ripley herself to get the thing off from her, and they were all struggling-- and these were individuals who were in athletic condition as required by the United States Colonial Marine Corps to participate in the missions that they do. And this is just an ordinary Facehugger... If Marco is at all confronted with a Royal Egg, and comes across a Queen Facehugger-- which are bigger, more aggressive, smarter, and stronger, he's going to find it difficult.

These are the Queen Facehuggers... They've made their appearance in the Pre-Disney expanded universe, and the Assembly Cut of Alien 3.

maxresdefault.jpg

But anyway... Let's discount the possibility of a Queen Facehugger, as it's usually the ordinary Facehugger... Marco catches the thing, and it's latched it's tail around his neck, and it's choking him, weakening him to get close to his face. Now... I'll buy into the possibility that Marco is stronger than your average ordinary teenager and maybe he can throw it back away from him... but it's going to come at him in different attempts.

So my question is... How is he going to KILL it?

Keep in mind, these things have pressurized acid for blood.

So.... how is he going to kill it? There are no rocks, as far as I know that are in the Derelict. So smashing it won't work... Now, he could rip it's tail to prevent it from latching onto him, or rip the thing in half but then he risks having acid burst all over him, and this acid is more than strong enough to dissolve through several floors on the Nostromo. Like Parker says...

"It's got a wonderful defense mechanism. You dare don't kill it."

37 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Assuming that those black liquids were in fact on the ship and that Ripley’s crew just missed them, all Marco would have to do is not touch them and he’d be fine. Again he’s no Einstein but I’m pretty sure even a fool would know that any type of black liquid wouldn’t be safe to ingest, and would most likely just avoid it. It’s a big ship so the odds of him choosing to stay nearby the potentially poisonous liquids for long enough for it to leak out is pretty unlikely.

This is feasible. I can give you that one... Yeah... Definitely feasible.

12 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

But if I also recall, Kane slipped down the platform and that was a pretty steep fall, which he thankfully caught himself before seriously falling. I don't know how tall Kane was in the film, but let's assume he's somewhere between 5 - 6 feet... If we look at John Hurt's height (the actor who portrayed Kane), then let's assume Kane is 5''9. Looking at a clip in the first movie, that platform which he fell off was... close to neck level, so we're looking at a semi decent high climb there.

How tall is Marco? Because if he can't climb that platform, assuming he falls into the silo... He might be in trouble.

His wiki page on Star vs The Forces of Evil wiki says he’s a 14 year old of average height so he probably stands at 5’4 feet. I doubt he’d have an issue with climbing the platform though, he’s pulled himself off cliffs before. 
See 2:34

12 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

It took three Marines and Ripley herself to get the thing off from her, and they were all struggling-- and these were individuals who were in athletic condition as required by the United States Colonial Marine Corps to participate in the missions that they do. And this is just an ordinary Facehugger... If Marco is at all confronted with a Royal Egg, and comes across a Queen Facehugger-- which are bigger, more aggressive, smarter, and stronger, he's going to find it difficult.

Yeah but you forget, Marco isn’t just strong for a teenage boy, the kid is much stronger then the average human! Towards the end of the first clip you’ll see one of Ludo’s standard minions “Lobster Claws” lift a car clear over his head! And in the next clip you’ll see Marco and Star pretty casually foddering Lobster Claw and his fellow monsters very consistently and effortlessly. At one point you’ll see another monster “Buff Frog” tear a steel lamp post in two and try to use it as a weapon:

If Marco can overpower monsters who are that strong, he’ll have no problem outmuscling the facehuggers.

13 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

So my question is... How is he going to KILL it?

Well given how strong Marco must be to overpower Ludo’s monsters, I’d assume that he could probably punt the thing across the room and it would splatter against the wall.