Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Tournament - Zack Morris vs. Mr. Feeny

JohnnyChany

screech-saved-by-the-bell-revival.jpg.072461589771c9cc956549e34db0db04.jpg

At Bayside High in sunny California, Zack Morris huddled around his locker with friends, A.C. Slater and Samuel “Screech” Powers.

“What are you so smiley about?” asked Slater. “I never see you this happy at school.”

“Just told Kelly our plans for this Saturday. It’s her birthday and it’s her first birthday without her family around. They all went on a trip, but Kelly couldn’t go because of a local cheerleading competition. So I told her I would take her to Max’s for lunch, then we would hit the beach, and then a fancy dinner and movie to finish off the night,” Zack explained.

Slater nodded approvingly. “Very nice, Preppie.”

Screech furrowed his brow. “How are you going to do that, Zack?”

“What do you mean how I am going to do that? It’s not hard.”

“Yeah, but you have detention this Saturday, remember? Mr. Belding gave you detention for selling all the school volleyballs to help pay for the repairs on your car,” Screech pointed out.

Zack smacked his forehead with his palm . “Oh yeah, it's not like our team is good anyway. No, it’s fine, it’s fine. I just won’t show up.”

Screech appeared uneasy at this suggestion. “I don’t think that’s a good idea. You ditch one more time and you're suspended and you are out of sick days. If you get suspended, your mom will kill you.”

Zack sighed as he came to the same realization.

Slater placed a comforting hand on Zack’s shoulder. “Tough break, man. But don’t worry, I can step in and take your place, Preppie. I’ll take Kelly out for her birthday, make sure she has a good time. You can join in whenever you're done here.”

Zack shrugged off Slater’s hand. “That is a horrible idea. Don’t worry, I’ll think of something. I always do. I just need to trick Belding, not a big obstacle.”

“That obstacle is coming this way,” Screech alerted.

School principal, Mr. Belding, walked up to the trio with a warm smile. “Hey guys, how are you doing today?”

“Oh, just talking to the fellas about how much I’m looking forward to the bonding time with you here on Saturday, sir,”  replied Zack.

“Well, that’s mighty nice of you Zack. Unfortunately, I won’t be there. That’s what I came over to tell you guys about.”

“Sir?”

“Remember when the school board asked all the students for their suggestions on how to make the school a better place?” Mr. Belding turned slightly to put his focus squarely on Zack. “Someone suggested we do a principal exchange program similar to the student exchange program.”

“Was that you, Zack?” Screech questioned.

Zack was taken aback. “I didn’t think they would actually listen. I said Mr. Belding might benefit from some time in..”

Mr. Beliding interrupted. “Timbuktu. The school board didn’t go quite that far, but they did come to the conclusion that the school may benefit from some fresh eyes for a few weeks. So, they found a principal from another school willing to switch places, a principal located out in Philadelphia who was excited to see something different for a limited time. I wasn’t sure how Mrs. Belding would feel about me staying all the way out in Philly, but she was excited by the news.”

“Sounds like you can have a good time, Mr. B,” stated Slater.

“Maybe. I just wanted to inform you all that this will be my last day until the end of the month.”

“We’ll miss you sir,” said Zack.

“Thank you, Zack. And don’t worry I am leaving all my notes for the interim principal, including who has detention this weekend. So everything will continue as scheduled,” Mr. Belding explained.

Zack’s face fell as Mr. Belding left them.

“Tough break, Preppie. It looks like that suggestion backfired on you,” Slater noted.  

Zack disagreed. “I don’t think so. Whatever putz they are putting here for those weeks doesn’t even know me. Getting out of detention will be even easier than I thought.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

949088634_baysidecheerleaders.jpg.ebb5ecc52a8e560840e82200b6efb31d.jpg

The next morning, Zack and Slater were again by their lockers, this time in the company of Kelly Kapowski and Jessie Spano.

“Why the long face, Kelly?” Slater inquired.

“We didn’t place very well in the cheer competition yesterday. I thought we would do better after all of our hard work,” Kelly answered.

“The judges were pigs,” Jessie added. “They were simply there to objectify the female body.”

Kelly rolled her eyes. “And Jessie over here let them know about it. I think it affected our score.” Kelly’s demeanor then suddenly brightened. “At least there is still Saturday to look forward to. Thank you so much for putting this all together, Zack. You have no idea how much it means to me.”

Zack chuckled nervously. “No problem.”

“Kelly, we better go. We don’t want to be late for first period,” said Jessie.

“Bye guys.”

The girls walked away and Zack sighed.

“I can’t let her down, I have to find a way.”

Slater pointed to their right. “Hey, I think that is our new principal.”

A distinguished looking man with gray hair and a gray mustache approached Zack and Slater.

‘Greetings gentlemen, I will be your principal for the next three weeks. My name is Mr. Feeny.”

“Welcome to Bayside, sir,” stated Slater.

Mr. Feeny smiled. “I appreciate the kind welcome, Mr. Slater.”

“You know me?”

“Yes. I didn’t want to interrupt anyone’s educational experience with my presence so I took the liberty to read up about the school and many of its students,” Mr. Feeny explained. “However, there will be time for more conversation later, for now you should hurry on to class. I don’t want the captain of the football and the wrestling team to be late and set a bad example for the other students.”

“But Mr. Feeny, the bell hasn’t even…” Slater started.

Mr. Feeny pointed to the ceiling just as the first bell rang.

“Wow!”

Zack offered his hand to shake. “Hello Mr. Feeny. My name is Zack.”

Mr. Feeny lifted an eyebrow. “Mr. Morris. Yours was the first file that I read. Mr. Belding left an extensive amount of notes, and according to them I don’t think you can afford many more tardies. It appears that we will have plenty of time to get to know each other on Saturday.”

Zack retracted his hand. “Can’t wait.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

733717981_Coryand.jpg.32c4a4ae33489ede551c8ea76e23b3e0.jpg

Later that day, at John Adams High in Philadelphia, Cory Matthews and Shawn Hunter approached Mr. Feeny’s office with trepidation.

“I don’t think this is a good idea, Core,” stated Shawn.

“It will be fine. Mr. Feeny and us go way back. He’s my neighbor. I’m sure we can talk him into forgiving our tardies this morning,” Cory assured. "He is a rational man. And if not, I am great at begging."

The two boys entered the principal’s office only to find a strange man sitting in Mr. Feeny’s chair and reorganizing his desk with strange decorations.

“Hey, you’re not Mr. Feeny,” Cory remarked.

Shawn gasped. “Oh no, we were in such a hurry this morning that we came to the wrong school.”

“Shawn, that is ridiculous we have already been to half our classes.”

Mr. Belding spoke up to clear the confusion. “Hello boys. My name is Mr. Belding, and I will be taking over for Mr. Feeny for a little while as your principal.”

Cory was stunned into silence.

“Can you excuse us for a second?” Shawn grabbed Corey and dragged him outside the office.

“Did you hear that?” Shawn asked with glee.

Cory remained in a state of disarray. “Yeah, he said Mr. Feeny isn’t here. But, Mr. Feeny is always here. It is the one constant in our lives.”

“Core, you are looking at this the wrong way. Think about it. With Feeny gone we can finally do the schemes we’ve always wanted to do but were too afraid to try.”

Cory perked up. “Oh yeah.” Confusion then returned to his face. “Wait, what schemes were we wanting to try?”

“I don’t know. I am sure we will think of something,” insisted Shawn.

Mr. Belding opened his office door. Cory and Shawn spun on their heels afraid that he had overheard them.

“Can you boys come back in here, I need your help,” he requested.

Cory and Shawn walked back into the principal’s office.

“There is a woman on the phone, I don’t recognize her voice, but I guess she is working at my home school, Bayside, while Mr. Feeny is in charge over there.” Mr. Belding chuckled briefly. “Schools can be strange places. Anyway, she says she is looking for information on what kind of principal he is. She thinks it will be helpful for the staff over there,” Mr. Belding explained. “Think you guys can help her out?”

Cory and Shawn shrugged and Cory picked up the phone. Unbeknownst to him, the voice on the other line actually belonged to Screech, who was altering his voice to a much higher pitch to try and get some intel for Zack.

Hours later, Zack tracked down his loyal friend for the lowdown.

“What did you find out?” he inquired.

“They said he sees everything and he knows everything. I don’t know Zack, he sounds terrifying. Maybe you should just tell Kelly what’s going on, I am sure she would understand,” Screech suggested.

“No way. There isn’t an educator around that terrifies Zack Morris. I am spending the day with Kelly. I just need to find a way to get out of this,” Zack declared.

I never watched saved by the bell, but Feeney is still the proverbial heel of the show. I will give it to Morris.

Glad to have some competition.

Man, where did time go? The actor that played Zack was just in the short-lived Black-ish spin-off Mixed-ish, and Feeny's actor is well into his nineties, and, I think, made some appearances in Girl Meets World.  

Good tourney entry, Johnny. I think I chuckled at this match more than I did at the few Saved by the Bell and Boy Meets World eps I've watched. BTW, I've corrected Zack's name on his profile and in Callisto's post, so I think you can correct it in the match title if you wish. 

As for the match, Feeny is probably too smart for just about any kid to get one over on him. Since, IIRC, Zack is only about as clever as the average sitcom kid, I don't much like his odds for getting out of detention here.

That's a very well written entry.  I have never watched a single episode of either show, and the characters are totally identifiable and relatable. Clear stakes are provided; we know why Zack needs to win, although he won't :)

Nice job.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - Boratz
4.70 - DSkillz
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.50 - Fox

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
17.70 Total Combined Score
17.70 / 4 = 4.42 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE