Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 16881 Elsa Of Arendelle vs. Daenerys Targaryen

Daenerys Targaryen rode on the back of Drogon as he soared over the frozen mountain peaks.  The wind cut against the face of the Mother of Dragons, but her eyes continued to scan the landscape below.  Daenerys was not able to enjoy the thrill of flight as she once did.  There was a purpose to her journeying so far from her Iron Throne.  The Seven Kingdoms of Westeros had fallen to her, but there was so much more to be done.  There were unknown lands still to be liberated by her.  Only then, would the wheel truly be broken. 

At times she felt a passing regret that Jon Snow was unable to see the purpose of her mission.  Daenerys’ thoughts went back to that day in the throne room of King’s Landing, where she had begged Jon to fight by her side.  She saw the fear in his eyes, his doubt.  But also a moment of hesitation.  It was in that moment that she saw his grip tighten on the handle of his dagger.  She pulled free from Jon’s embrace, accused him of treason.  He tried to deny it, but Daenerys knew he was lying.  Jon tried to stop her from calling the Unsullied, but her distress was enough to attract Drogon, who swiftly reduced Jon Snow to ashes. 

From that moment, Daenerys unleashed her armies upon all of Westeros, starting by having Tyrion Lannister executed for his certain involvement in Jon Snow’s assassination attempt.  House after House fell to the horses of the Dothraki, the spears of the Unsullied, and the fires of Drogon.  In a matter of months Daenerys Targaryen’s rule was absolute from Dorne to the Iron Islands to the Wall.  Any who could have opposed her had now either fled beyond the Wall, sailed to Essos only to be met by her supporters, or were dead.  Now, with Grey Worm serving as Queen’s Regent, Daenerys now used her time to explore the lands west of Westeros, to see what new kingdoms could be brought under her protection. 

A growl from Drogon broke through Daenerys’ thoughts.  She looked up to see a tall, glimmering tower rising in the distance.  The ornate structure almost looked to be made of ice.  Daenerys urged Drogon on, and a few minutes later they were close enough to see a figure standing on balcony, gazing up intently at them.  Daenerys tightened her grip on Drogon’s spikes, and dragon stopped and hovered in front of the tower.  The Queen of Westeros locked eyes on the woman in the balcony, adorned in a blue dress that shined in the fading sunlight.  “Who are you?” the woman called.  “What do want here?” 

“I am Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen!” Daenerys shouted back.  “First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men!  Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea!  Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons!”  The woman in blue looked strangely unimpressed, but Daenerys went on.  “And who are you?  Is this your kingdom?”  The woman placed her hands on the railing of the balcony.  “My name is Elsa of Arendelle.  This is my palace, but Arendelle is beyond these mountains.  And if I were you, I would think twice before bringing a dragon there.”  Drogon growled fiercely as Daenerys glared down at Elsa.  “You are in no position to give me advice, Elsa of Arendelle.  My child and I go wherever I desire.  Tell me.  Are there those in Arendelle who rule only to benefit themselves?  Are there men who seek wealth at the expense of the people?” 

Elsa desperately attempted to keep her temper.  “My sister and I rule Arendelle, and I am more than capable of protecting it.  Now I suggest you better take your dragon and go back wherever you came from!”  Daenerys guided Drogon closer to the tower, until his snout was right in front of Elsa.  “Do not think you can give me orders.  You can either give up your throne and pledge loyalty to House Targaryen, or defy me and be broken!”  Elsa’s hands tightened into fists and her eyes narrowed.  “In that case…” 

Elsa threw her hands forward and blast of ice leapt from her fingertips toward Drogon.  The dragon howled in pain as the icicles sunk beneath his scales.  Daenerys grabbed hold of Drogon’s spikes and urged him into the air, out of range of Elsa’s magic.  Daenerys then directed her dragon back towards the earth, her voice echoing in the evening air.  “Dracarys!” 

OK:

Elsa: Post the first Frozen movie.  At full strength. 

Daenerys: Alternate version where she didn’t get killed at the end of season 8 (Looking at you, Benioff and Weiss).  At full strength.  Has Drogon and is armed with a sword. 

Game On! 

I like this match. I give the set-up a 5.0.

• Like 1

Now dragons of GoT are stated to have a strong connection to magic, so while Drogon’s fire might be more mystical then regular fire, I’ve also seen Elsa be able to freeze the fire of that Fire Spirit in Frozen 2 so in my mind Elsa should be able to freeze over Drogon, mystical fire or no. I do like Dany as a character, but I don’t see her being much of a match on her lonesome. Elsa FTW!

• Like 1

Ah, the true of Song of Ice and Fire is upon us. One of the best pairings because once you see it, it seems so obvious. It does seem like Elsa would have the advantage since her power is directly a part of her whereas Daenerys's power is her dragons. You can't separate Elsa from her abilities, but you can seperate Daenerys from Drogon.

Hmm, I wonder if Elsa would go full Night King and fashion an ice spear to throw at Drogon. Although, I doubt her javelin skills are anywhere near his level, lol.

My heart wants to go with Dany (despite the horridness of the final 2 seasons) but my head says Elsa.  

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Venom 2009
5.00 - leroypowell3
4.30 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - JohnnyChany

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.30 Total Combined Score
19.30 / 4 = 4.83 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Elsa Of Arendelle: 5
Daenerys Targaryen: 1

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

Two snow golems hurled massive balls of snow and ice at Drogon.  The projectiles were reduced to steam with a blast of the dragon’s fiery breath.  Another burst of flame and both golems were incinerated.  Elsa stood tall on the balcony, launching a wave of ice that coated Drogon’s wings.  Still Daenerys urged him on.  She yelled out over Drogon’s roaring.  “Pryagon sir!  Dracarys!”  The dragon poured fire onto the base of Elsa’s palace.  The structure began to crack and tower began to sway.  Elsa grabbed hold of the railing to steady herself.  Drogon stopped his flame, then lowered his head and slammed into the icy tower. 

Elsa was sent tumbling into space.  She couldn’t have enough to scream as debris came tumbling toward her, and the ground loomed beneath her.  She summoned an icy slide to catch her and deposit her into a snowdrift.  She groaned as she shook the snow out of her hair, and looked up to see Drogon circling the remains of her home.  With a mighty roar the dragon started toward Elsa.  The queen of Arendelle steadied herself and launched a shimmering blast of ice, met with a burst of flame from Drogon.  Daenerys held on tight to Drogon’s spikes.  This sorceress couldn’t possibly be mightier than the last dragon. 

Elsa face twisted in focus and pain as she tried to match Drogon.  She sunk to her knees in the snow, desperately keeping one hand up to hold the fire at bay.  In desperation, Elsa started to summon her ice magic in her left hand, causing it to take a new shape.  It was a lance of solid ice. 

Drogon’s wings sent a breeze that threatened to push Elsa to the ground, but she held on.  The dragon drew closer and closer, and Elsa could feel the fire against her skin.  With her icy magic almost overwhelmed, Elsa gathered all her strength and hurled the lance into the air, summoned a gust of wind to give it speed, and sent it into the left side of Drogon’s neck.  The dragon howled in pain, stopping his fire.  He desperately thrashed in the air as Daenerys clung for dear life.  Elsa summoned another lance and launched it into Drogon’s right flank.  The dragon’s cries echoed across the mountains.  He started spiraling down out of control, before finally crashing into the rocks. 

The impact threw Daenerys off of Drogon and sent her sprawling to the ground.  She pushed herself up to her knees to see Drogon, bleeding from the lances still embedded in his body, his wings torn from smaller icicles and frozen over.  Daenerys stumbled as she raced to his side.  She wrapped her arms around Drogon’s head.  She could here his breath growing ragged and weaker.  “Daor!  Daor, issa rinnykea!” she begged.  Drogon’s eye looked down upon Daenerys.  The dragon gave one last growl, then his eyes closed for the last time. 

Daenerys sobbed as she held tight to Drogon.  Elsa made her way to the place the last dragon had fallen.  Sensing she was no longer alone, Daenerys raised her tear soaked face from Drogon’s body.  “I’m sorry,” Elsa said.  “Please believe me.  I didn’t mean to kill him.”  Giving a defiant roar, Daenerys drew her sword and charged at Elsa, only for her blade to be encased in ice and a gust a wind to knock it out of her grasp.  Enraged Daenerys ran forward and Elsa reflexively summoned another icy breeze to push Daenerys back into the rock wall. 

The Mother of Dragons wailed and sobbed as she crouched on her hands and knees in the snow.  “Kill me!” she screamed, feeling the blood drip from the back of her head.  “Isn’t that what you want?!  Kill me!  Use your damn magic and kill me!”  Elsa looked on in shock as Daenerys Targaryen, First of Her Name, Defender of the Seven Kingdoms, and Mother of Dragons, fell to the ground from exhaustion and despair, and passed out into unconsciousness.   

Elsa rushed to Daenerys’ side.  The woman still lived, but continued to mutter deliriously in words Elsa couldn’t understand.  Elsa took off her cape and wrapped it around this wild stranger.  With a thought, she summoned two smaller snow golems to gently carry Daenerys and follow Elsa back up the mountain.  Raising her hands to the heavens, Elsa began repairing the damage to her palace while the snow golems carried Daenerys inside.  There was something of Elsa inside this stranger, Elsa could see that.  There was a time when Elsa felt that no one could possibly help her.  But perhaps, in time, this Daenerys would one day see that she wasn’t alone. 

A better ending than what we got from Game of Thrones. 😋

• Like 1