Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Match 16880 Kolin vs. Honoka (DOA)

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 151

ddu5ujw-4340a721-de90-4cf3-a577-caeb6d6d099e.png.b5216ff79006948a0e2455755709dad8.png

Kyo Kusanagi along with Kolin watched with a vested interest as Ken Masters and Iori Yagami fought in front of them in the garden of the Kanzuki residence. (REF: KEN MASTERS VS. IORI YAGAMI) Iori scratched at Ken with his claw like hands and then attempted to headbutt the karate champion. Ken blocked this, grabbed Iori, rolled backwards several times and threw Iori. Ken tried to follow this up with a jumping kick, but he was knocked back when Iori conjured up a column of purple flame . 

“Hadoken!”

Ken shot out his fireball in Iori’s direction, but the mercurial musician managed to avoid the projectile.

Kyo’s phone suddenly started to ring and he glanced down to see he was being called by his friend, Benimaru Nikaido. Kyo had wondered about the whereabouts of his consistent teammate ever since they split ways before Kyo and Athena traveled to the village of Chizuru Kagura. (REF: GEESE HOWARD VS. HEIHACHI MISHIMA) The fact that he had heard nothing from Benimaru after all this time made Kyo concerned for his friend’s safety, so much so that he felt the need to answer the call despite the epic fight happening in front of him.

“Beni…”

“Uh no, It’s Maki,” replied the voice on the phone. “I found Benimaru back at the hut where we were at before and he was in rough shape. He suggested I use his phone to contact you to find out where you guys ended up.” (REF: KASUMI VS. MASTER RAVEN)

“Is he going to be okay?” asked Kyo.

“He is going to live if that’s what you mean,” answered Maki. “Although judging by the bruises on his face, he won’t be doing any modeling anytime soon. He says he lost a battle of electricity against some ‘hot redhead’.”  (REF: BENIMARU NIKAIDO VS. CRIMSON VIPER)

“Must have been disappointing for him. We are at the Karin Kanzuki residence, do you know it?” Kyo inquired.

“That snobby rich girl? Yeah, I know her from the World Warrior tournaments from years past,” Maki confirmed. 

“We came here to meet up with Ken Masters, I believe you know him. I think you may also know Ryu. He is with us now too. (REF: HONOKA VS. E. HONDA) Ken just arrived but things are a little tense right now.”

“Ken and Ryu are there. Things must really be picking up now,” Maki remarked.

“Would love to catch up more, but like I said things are tense right now. Do you think you can find a way here and bring Benimaru with you?” asked Kyo.

“No I can’t. I had to drag his ass to the hospital and he is in no condition to fight right now so it would just be me. Besides, I am tired of playing nurse. First, it was with Ryo (REF: LUONG VS. JURI HAN), then that taekwondo fighter, Kim, and his girlfriend or step mother or whatever she was (REF: KIM KAPHWAN VS. JURI HAN), and then Ryo got taken by that mysterious ninja and then the hospital was attacked by a bear and then…” (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. KUMA)

Kyo dropped his phone.

“Kyo? Kyo! Are you there?”

“Shoryuken!”

Ken lifted Iori into the air with his signature rising uppercut as flames spiraled around his body and engulfed Iori in fire. Iori fell down to the ground and did not return to his feet. The sight truly shocked Kyo as he hadn’t witnessed Iori losing many times before, yet here he was humbled by the United States Martial Arts champion.

“I believe I have proven my point,” stated Ken.

“Yes,” agreed Kyo. “Which means that Kolin, you…”

Kyo looked to his left and right and discovered that Kolin was now missing. “Where did she go?”

Ken furrowed his brow. “Wasn’t she standing near you this whole time?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kolinkazuyahonoka.jpg.a036f1f47a42c2c4c21003f8c86b521b.jpg

(credit for Kolin/Kazuya and Kazuya/Honoka illustrations go to hatredboy and girlsalwayslose on deviantart)

When it became clear to Kolin that Iori would lose to Ken, she left the garden. She would no doubt be banished from the group and that was fine with her. However, she thought about the assassin that was sent to kill her. (REF: KOLIN VS. LIEN NEVILLE) She thought about her alot, actually. If the assassin was sent after Kolin by Urien then that meant a confrontation was unavoidable. If she was going to go up against Urien, she needed a strong ally by her side. She thought that Iori could be that ally (REF: KOLIN VS. MATURE), but if he is unable to defeat Ken Masters she would need someone stronger. Algol was also a possibility although he had seemingly dissappeared. (REF: KASUMI VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) Kolin figured she knew the perfect candidate and she went in search of Honoka.

Kolin searched through each room and hallway of the Kanzuki residence, looking for the young brawler. Kolin had recognized the bounty hunter sent after Honoka as one of G Corporation’s science experiments. (REF: GIGAS VS. HUGO ANDORE) Clearly, Kazuya wanted to get his hands on Honoka. For what purpose was unclear to Kolin. (REF: HONOKA VS. HINAKO SHIJOU) But, if she could deliver Honoka to him, an alliance could be negotiated and Kolin would have the powerful backing she needed to take on Urien.

Kolin was having some difficulty locating Honoka because Honoka herself was on the move. She was looking for Athena Asamiya who went to do research with Ryu following the meal provided by Karin Kanzuki’s personal chef. The mansion was so big and vast that Honoka worried she would get lost trying to find the study. Yet, she was determined to find Athena. Honoka knew Athena was focused on finding out everything about Soul Edge and saving the world. Honoka wanted to help save the world as well, but she also wondered about what she wanted to do once they beat the bad guys. She desperately wanted to be a back-up dancer for Athena during her shows. Now that she had met Athena, Honoka could not stop thinking about it. Honoka also considered suggesting a martial arts demonstration during Athena’s performance. All of these ideas made Honoka so giddy that she stopped paying attention to the things around her as she walked briskly through the mansion. She made a sharp turn around a corner and collided directly into Kolin, knocking both women down.

Kolin massaged her forehead. “Damn fool, watch where you are going!”

Honoka winced in pain and then apologized profusely. “I am so sorry. I was in my own little world.”

Kolin opened her eyes to get a good look for the first time at the one responsible for this collision and she smiled when she realized who it was. “Oh, it’s you. I was looking for you.”

“Me? Really? What for?”

“We are leaving this place, and we are going to pay a visit to Kazuya Mishima,” Kolin announced.

Honoka was confused. “Why would we leave this place? We just got here. Besides Athena is here.”

“Simple girl,” sneered Kolin. “I am not asking if you want to go, only letting you know what’s going to happen.”

Kolin created a sharp icicle in her hand and aimed it at Honoka in a threatening manner.

Honoka gasped. “They were right about you. You are a spy!”

Kolin rolled her eyes. “At the moment I am not acting as a spy. More as a kidnapper.”

“If you are trying to kidnap me that makes you an evil lady, which means I need to defeat you,” Honoka declared.

“I cannot wait to knock you unconscious,” stated Kolin.

Boy you just jumped right back into this story once the true electricferret came back didn't you. I remember yours was one of the stories that really got me excited when I first joined all those years ago. And now to actually read the set up...

On 7/25/2021 at 5:57 PM, leroypowell3 said:

Boy you just jumped right back into this story once the true electricferret came back didn't you. I remember yours was one of the stories that really got me excited when I first joined all those years ago. And now to actually read the set up...

Yeah, it sort of happened almost exactly like that. Thanks for the comment and nice to see you again. If memory serves you are the one along with patrickthekid who entered a good chunk of these characters into the database.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:36 PM, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I also made sure to grade your match this time JohnnyChany. Sorry again about last time. 😅

All good. I think there is a handul of us doing our best to keep everyone's stories active and encourage more partcipation on the CBUB.

Alright, finally getting to this. 

Another good set-up, Johnny. Very good job with the Ken/Iori recap, as  well as interspersing some character updates in-between. 

As for the match, does Honoka retain the skills she learns on the spot from other fighters in-canon, to anyone's knowledge? If so, she could overwhelm Kolin with the sheer volume of skills at her disposal. 

23 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Alright, finally getting to this. 

Another good set-up, Johnny. Very good job with the Ken/Iori recap, as  well as interspersing some character updates in-between. 

As for the match, does Honoka retain the skills she learns on the spot from other fighters in-canon, to anyone's knowledge? If so, she could overwhelm Kolin with the sheer volume of skills at her disposal. 

In game, Honoka has unique moves from several other characters mixed in to her moveset so the implication is that she retains any technique that she mimics. This can make her very formidable. The big thing holding her back is that she is largely untrained and a bit if a ditz. She loses most of her matches early in the storyline. Still, she has a lot of potential. Perhaps potential she can realize in this arc if she keeps winning lol.

12 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

In game, Honoka has unique moves from several other characters mixed in to her moveset so the implication is that she retains any technique that she mimics. This can make her very formidable. The big thing holding her back is that she is largely untrained and a bit if a ditz. She loses most of her matches early in the storyline. Still, she has a lot of potential. Perhaps potential she can realize in this arc if she keeps winning lol.

So, this fight could be tough for Honoka, though. Heh, I guess it's just as well that I didn't vote on this one, then. 

Can't believe I forgot to rate this match, though, especially after the "preaching" I did about it in a match of yours a couple of weeks back, lol. My bad, man.