MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 16729 Bruce Irvin vs. Crimson Viper

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXXVI

kazuyavterry2.jpg.cba08a48be27471055505bd3dbb0ca88.jpg

Atop the G Corporation building, Kazuya Mishima and Terry Bogard battled tooth and nail in the rain. (REF: TERRY BOGARD VS. KAZUYA MISHIMA) Kazuya hit Terry with a Tsunami Kick and followed it up with a Steel Pedal Drop. Terry rolled to his feet and hit right back.

“Burning Knuckle!”

This signature punch from Terry pushed the CEO of the G Corporation backward. Kauzya blocked Terry’s attempt to follow it with a combo, so instead the Southtown brawler kicked Kazuya into the air.

“Rising Tackle!”

Terry then punched Kazuya hard in the air and slammed him down.

“Power Dunk!”

Kazuya wiped some blood from his lips after receiving a succession of Terry’s special moves. This blond fighter in the red baseball cap was much stronger than Kazuya had anticipated. Still, Kazuya was confident that Terry could not beat him. He deployed his 10 hit combo but it was interrupted by an explosion of energy from the ground. 

“Power Geyser!”

The attack sent Kazuya reeling and Heihachi’s son fell flat on his back. As he gathered himself up once more, rage swelled inside of him. Kazuya shouted in anger and transformed, using his devil gene.

The sight of the gnarly Devil Kazuya caught Terry off guard and he was immediately struck by a devil beam from Kazuya’s third eye now on his forehead. The beam cut through Terry’s shirt and hit him in the chest. Kazuya immediately shot another beam in Terry’s direction, but Terry successfully rolled away from the blaster shot. 

Concerned by this new power boost from his opponent, Terry tried to put the demon down quickly. He lunged at Kazuya with another special attack.

“Buster Wolf!”

Terry’s fist missed its mark as Kazuya jumped into the air, levitated, and blasted the exposed Terry again with another Devil Beam. Before Terry’s body could hit hit the rooftop, Kazuya swooped down, grabbed Terry by the face, flew back into the air and then down again slamming Terry’s head hard with his Heaven’s Door attack. Terry was dazed. Kazuya tagged him with Twin Piston uppercuts before he punched through Terry with the Electric Wind God Fist not once but twice. Terry’s entire body went stiff as electricity engulfed his entire being. Kazuya delivered a roundhouse followed by three spin kicks that sent Terry crashing next to the helipad. Devil Kazuya shot Devil Beams from his hands, wings, and third eye and obliterated the area around Terry. The hero of Southtown did not return to his feet. 

Kazuya reverted from his Devil transformation and walked over to Terry’s broken body. He lifted him in the air by his neck.

“Pathetic. How do I send the message to your friends down there (REF: ROSE VS. ZAFINA) that if they want this to be their grave they can try their luck up here too?” Kazuya smirked maliciously. “Oh, I know.”

Kazuya walked over to the front ledge of the G Corporation building, still holding Terry up by his neck before he callously let go of the King of Fighters participant to fall to his death on the pavement below.   

At the front of the G Corporation, Zafina was the first one to notice the body of Terry Bogard falling to the ground at rapid speed.

“Oh no!” she gasped.

“Yoga!”

Dhalsim suddenly teleported into the sky and caught Terry’s body. He teleported again and landed with a thud. He and Mai Shiranui had just finally reached the G Corporation building after their respective fights at the Japanese restaurant. (REF: LEI FEI VS. DHALSIM) Mai quickly ran to Dhalsim who had Terry in his arms.

“Terry!” Mai cried out. “This can’t be!”

“He is still alive,” Dhalsim confirmed. “But not by much.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bruceandkaz.jpg.3b418abd861cc400fb4615b418c99819.jpg

Although he had expected to go to the G Corportation when he was summoned by Kazuya Mishima, (REF: ALEX VS. ZASALAMEL) Bruce Irvin was instead sent off to a remote rural area in search of a target for Kazuya. The recent World Muay Thai champion (REF: ADON VS. BRUCE IRVIN) was given a portable tracker and a vague description of who he was looking for. The target was described as looking like either a Medieval Times cosplayer or a Renaissance Fair reject. And that while the target may appear silly, they should be taken very seriously as a skilled warrior. Bruce was not even told whether he was hunting down a man or a woman. He suspected that G Corporation was not sure themselves who the target was and only had vague clues about the identity. This uncertainty made Bruce a little uneasy, but he was feeling supremely confident in himself and his abilities after his victories of Adon and Brad Burns in Thailand. (REF: BRAD BURNS VS. BRUCE IRVIN)

According to his tracker, Bruce was still a little ways away from his target as he entered a forested area.  (REF: KILIK VS. ASH CRIMSON) Although the target itself wasn’t close by, Bruce was wary of any potential ambushes. Bruce spun on his heel after a twig snapped behind him. A woman in a revealing suit stood there looking at him. She definitely did not fit any of the descriptions Bruce was given.

“Bruce Irvin I presume,” guessed Crimson Viper.

Bruce waved off the secret agent dismissively. “Whoever you are, I’m not interested. I’ve been sent here on a specific mission, and you ain’t it..”

“Well that puts us into some conflict, because you are exactly my mission,” Crimson Viper informed. (REF: AYANE VS. ROLENTO)

Bruce snarled. “What? Are you some bounty hunter hired by that sore loser, Adon?”

Viper laughed. “Hardly. My employer comes from a much higher position of influence. (REF: VANESSA VS. CRIMSON VIPER) It just so happens that his main goals always seem to be in conflict with your boss’s goals.”

Bruce rolled his eyes. “You work for the Mishima Zaibatsu.

Viper smirked. “You are smarter than you look.”

Bruce was immediately agitated. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing,” responded Viper. “Just wanted to see how hard it would be to get under your skin. Turns out, not that difficult.”

“Do you always talk this much before a fight?” asked Bruce.

“I guess we should get down to it, huh?” Viper pulled her right glove tighter and electric sparks flew off the glove. “There is something I would like to tell you while you are still conscious. I just want to thank you for leading me here. When I was reassigned to take you down I thought I had lost my opportunity to get my hands on the Soul Edge shards that everyone is going crazy for. (REF: BENIMARU NIKAIDO VS. CRIMSON VIPER) But now, I can see that there are some in the vicinity, ripe for the taking, as soon as our business is concluded here.”

“Your arrogance is going to be your downfall, lady,” warned Bruce.

“Arrogance? Can’t a woman just be confident in her own abilities,” Viper countered.

Bruce Irvin stepped into his fighting stance. “We’ll find out right now whether that confidence is earned or not.”

Okay guys seriously, no more fooling around, vote Crimson Viper to win. She’s stronger, tougher, and her attacks are faster and let her control the fight better. I’m real serious guys, vote Viper. I’m getting real sick of the better fighters getting eliminated unfairly.

Another good set-up, Johnny, and a very nice recap with Terry and Kazuya. 

As for the match, I'd have to agree that C. Viper should win here. She seems to have better physicals overall than Bruce, and unlike Bruce, her attacks are boosted by gadgets.

• 2 weeks later...