Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Dr. Chase Meridian at this Wiki
Official Site: Warner Bros.

Battle Terrain
Romance Scenario: The Fonz

On 7/4/2021 at 2:39 PM, broadwaybeyonder said:

Fonzie and Chel sound like a fun duo.  Also, I think Meridian might be a little older than Fonz.  And too Bat crazy.  

Chase is probably a little older than Fonz, but in terms of Fonz that isn't a real turn off as he has been attracted to older women in the past, so that doesn't really effect things too much.

With ages equalized in some way, I think Chase certainly would be attracted to Fonz, as she did state to Batman, "What is it about the wrong kind on man? In grade school it was guys with earrings. College; motorcycles, leather jackets and now... black rubber.", which if we approximate her high school days in about the same time frame as her college days, Fonz would certainly fall in line with the motorcycles, leather jackets, facade that she was attracted to. That being said, I think Chase is attracted to men who have an aura of both confidence and mystery to them, the allure of individuals who are outside the norm, but appear just enough so as to not be too completely abnormal. In that sense, Fonz, would qualify as he is very much a stand out person, even if people around him tend to know him, because he has been stated to not purvey a whole lot about his past to other people, on a truly deep level, compared to most. Fonz also has a strong moral code, and a good heart in him too, things that I believe Chase would be attracted to as well, because those things are similar to some of the better qualities she came to know and realize about Batman himself.

Fonz might not see as much in Chase as she would in him in some ways, but it is possible that he could see her persistence as a sort of strength, and find it to be an attractive trait for him, enough for a romance? On that I can't really say, as I haven't seen enough of Happy Days, to really make a judgement call on whether or not Fonz would be attracted to the type of person Chase is, earlier in her life or later to begin with.

Chel and Fonz would be entertaining in some ways due to how energetic and enthusiastic Chel can be, but I'd wager that Fonz and Chase might have some interesting entertainment as well from a point of view, as Chase would probably try to psychoanalyze Fonzie a lot over the course of their relationship, not for work really, but rather because she has that as part of her personality as an individual. In doing so, perhaps Chase could expose a sort of vulnerability of Fonzie that isn't usually seen, and in some ways, may lead to some pretty comedic moments and heartwarming ones as well, if assumed from the right perspective, and if assumed that Fonzie would let Chase get that close to him in that way, which again, I can't really say due to not being as familiar with Happy Days.

Either way, from a writer's perspective, I do believe that Chase and Fonzie could possibly work as a couple, and that the two could be entertaining to watch, as Chase's nature rubbing off on Fonzie would possibly expose a side of him that we don't see as much, and that often leads to scenarios in which characters can act differently and even more interestingly than we usually see them act. A long term romance though, I'm not so sure that the two would end up in that situation, but who knows?