Slot: The Team's Man Eater
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Dr. Chase Meridian at this Wiki
Official Site: Warner Bros.

Battle Terrain
Romance Scenario: Groundhog Day

The Groundhog Day effect provides an advantage to the the romance succeeding.  The caveat being it has to happen in one day.

If the two are too far apart to begin with it may not ever be possible.

The problem with El Mariachi is that, while he's certainly an attractive specimen, he's not in the Love Game.  He is hurting over the murder of the woman he did love and spends three films making bad guys pay for it.

It's like if The Crow was in this spot. The character is a revenant of revenge that had a love and wants to kill everyone responsible for taking that love away.

I think Dr. Chase Meridian would probably be into El Mariachi just as much as she was into Batman.  Seems like her type. But I see the El Mariachi character himself as a love no-sell.

2 hours ago, Fox said:

The Groundhog Day effect provides an advantage to the the romance succeeding.  The caveat being it has to happen in one day.

The problem with El Mariachi is that, while he's certainly an attractive specimen, he's not in the Love Game.  He is hurting over the murder of the woman he did love and spends three films making bad guys pay for it.

It's like if The Crow was in this spot. The character is a revenant of revenge that had a love and wants to kill everyone responsible for taking that love away.

I think Dr. Chase Meridian would probably be into El Mariachi just as much as she was into Batman.  Seems like her type. But I see the El Mariachi character himself as a love no-sell.

While I agree with you on this, I find it hard to vote for anyone in that case. Who exactly... wins this? Cause it doesn't really end in a romance, it just ends with Chase falling for him. I guess El Mariachi wins in that case?

Let's all pretend that after the movies he's been in that he decided to finally look for another girl. He's got the skills to woo them in: Not only can he fight bare handed, but he's also skilled with firearms and can play a guitar, both electric and acoustic like a pro. His looks also help as the long hair and loose fitting suit give him sort of a gentleman but also mysterious look to him.

On 6/27/2021 at 3:20 PM, Fox said:

He romances Carolina in Desperado and marries her before Once Upon a Time in Mexico. I think he is game for this and you are right he is totally her type.

2 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

He romances Carolina in Desperado and marries her before Once Upon a Time in Mexico. I think he is game for this and you are right he is totally her type.

But is she his?

Romance does work both ways after all, and Chase is probably at least somewhat different from the types of woman he usually meets, as she is smart, being a criminal psychologist, but by no means really capable on her own. She boxes sometimes, sure, but she isn't as strong in terms of her capability as Domino or Carolina are or tended to be, and it begs the question if he really would see anything in Chase, in the same potential way that Chase would see something in him?

Personally, I could see them get together in a sense, date for a time perhaps, but true romance and true love, will probably never find these two, as Chase just seems like she lacks the strength of character that usually attracts and brings the Mariachi into relationships with the two women mentioned earlier, and perhaps other types.