MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 16597 Lidia Sobieska vs. Jean Kujo

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXIX

1230203850_Primeministerlidia.jpg.515d7a1986d878e028347934a8f78820.jpg

A member of the Prime Minister of Poland’s staff placed a satellite image of the Freedom Survivor cruise liner on her desk.

“Where is this location?” asked the Prime Minister, Lidia Sobieska.

“Approaching an uninhabited island near Spain,” her staffer answered.  (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. GUILE

“Most intriguing. Keep me updated on the Freedom Survivor’s movements,” Lidia instructed.

“Forgive me for asking again, Prime Minister, but should we really be using so many resources on tracking a ship owned by Helena Douglas and DOATEC?” the staffer inquired. “What are the dealings of a French opera singer and her entertainment company that would concern the people of Poland?”

Lidia smiled. “I know it is hard to understand if you only look at the surface. First, a history lesson. The Dead or Alive Tournament Executive Committee wasn’t always an entertainment company, for a long time it was involved in the weapons trade,” Lidia explained. “They would hold fighting tournaments as a front for weapons research.”

“That’s so strange,” stated the staffer.

“Strange, yes, but not unique. The Mishima Zaibatsu has hosted the King of the Iron Fist for years, there always seems to be ties between the World Warrior tournament and the terrorist organization known as Shadoloo. The King of Fighters tournament was once run by an underground cartel called NESTS. I could go on,” said Lidia.

“Ok I get it, but what does that have to do with Poland?” the staffer wondered.

“Hanna, it is my duty to protect the people of Poland from threats both domestic and foreign. The most dangerous international organizations in the world are connected to fighting tournaments. It would be irresponsible of me to not keep tabs on them, and the best way to do that is to follow the tournaments as closely as possible,” Lidia insisted.

“Is there a tournament going on now?”

“Not that I can tell.” Lidia looked down at the image of the Freedom Survivor. “However, something big is definitely going down. We have pictures of King of the Iron Fist tournament fighters, World Warrior fighters, World Fighting Tournament fighters, and King of Fighters tournament fighters all frequenting this ship. (REF: LEI WULONG VS. GUILE) To my knowledge, there has never been an event that brought them all together like this. I must figure out what is happening that would attract such a crowd.”

Lidia’s office door opened a crack and her secretary slipped in. “Sorry to interrupt ma'am, but the woman you wanted to talk to is here.” 

“Ah yes, send her in.” The Prime Minister looked over at Hanna. “We will continue this shortly. There is another mystery I am hoping to crack right now.”

Hanna exited Lidia’s office as a different woman entered. The woman had red hair and tanned skin. She wore a loosely fitting white button up shirt and olive green cargo pants.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1593649038_giovannaandrei.png.0e2a0f92feb81fe428ab383bff60d0ec.png

Lidia spoke first. “So I understand that you have been trying to meet with me.”

“Yes,” the woman confirmed.

“And you thought the only way to get a meeting with me was to attack my security team?”

“No. That wasn’t my intention at all. They weren’t taking me seriously so I figured I had to show them why they should,” answered Giovanna, the redhead.

“And you did. You and that green wolf spirit pet thing of yours,” stated Lidia.

“His name is Rei,” Giovanna informed.

“I see. What is it that you and Rei want from me?” Lidia inquired.

“I want to work for you.” 

“What?”

“I have experience, I protected the President of the United States before.”

Lidia rubbed her chin. “Really?”

“Well it wasn’t from the United States you know, I’m from a different wor… it’s a long story. I’m still not even sure why I’m here.” Giovanna shrugged.  (REF: BAIKEN VS. IROHA) “While I’m stuck here might as well do what I know and get paid for it.”

Lidia tried to absorb all of this information and she wondered if it was connected to what was bringing all of the fighters together on the Freedom Survivor. She decided to keep her cards close to her chest. “Why of all the world leaders here do you want to work for me?”

Giovanna was quick with her response. “I hear you're a fighter, and that’s kinda cool. I also hear the job pays well.” 

“We aim for a fair salary considering the dangers of the job,” stated Lidia. “I have even been accused of needlessly endangering my security detail given my proclivity to be involved in the action.”

“Doesn’t bother me,” said Giovanna.

“Hmmm. My team told me that you are quite the fighter. Still, I am a little unsure about entrusting my safety to a stranger off the street. You would have to prove yourself. And, I’m going to need you to get everyone comfortable with that…..pet of yours. Right now everyone is terrified of it,” Lidia instructed.

“I can do that,” replied Giovanna.

“Ok then, we will start from there.”

Giovanna nodded in appreciation and then exited the Prime Minister’s office. Lidia spent the next few hours trying to find any information she could about the island that the Freedom Survivor was heading to. A knock on her door interrupted her studies.

“Yes?” called out Lidia.

Her office door opened up and an unfamiliar man walked in. He had shoulder length silver hair, a crimson red karate gi, and a chain wrapped around his waist.

“Who are you?” questioned Lidia. “Where is Zofia?”

The stranger clinched his gloved fist. “Zofia is unavailable to come in at the moment or at all.”

Lidia sprang to her feet. She feared for the fate of her secretary.

“Who are you? What do you want?”

“My name is Jean. Bonjour de France, Prime Minister. I am always excited to meet a fellow karateka.”

“How did you get past security?” Lidia wondered.

“Oh you mean all those people outside playing fetch with that green wolf thing. It was actually quite easy,” answered Jean. “Which is a good thing because I wanted to conserve all my energy for this.”

“And what is ‘this’?”

The french assassin chuckled. “Your death.”

jkujo.jpg.2946c909a892b59851eb6a3f08cb059b.jpg

Finally, Lidia gets her CBUB debut!

I gotta go with Lidia, it seems as if she's definitely someone who's never stopped practicing her Karate even after having become prime minister of Poland! And knowing that she has an assassin after her, Lidia is someone who is not going to sit back and allow it to happen. She's even had the BALLS to confront Heihachi Mishima after having her letter of refusal to have the Tekken Force occupy Poland and decided to attend the tournament. Lidia is someone not to be trifled with.

2 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Finally, Lidia gets her CBUB debut!

I gotta go with Lidia, it seems as if she's definitely someone who's never stopped practicing her Karate even after having become prime minister of Poland! And knowing that she has an assassin after her, Lidia is someone who is not going to sit back and allow it to happen. She's even had the BALLS to confront Heihachi Mishima after having her letter of refusal to have the Tekken Force occupy Poland and decided to attend the tournament. Lidia is someone not to be trifled with.

Well spoken dude, I agree with you too.

5 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Going with Linda, her skills and movements always impressed me more. Though that might be because Tekken 7 has better graphics then Virtual Fighter.

True, although the recent re-release of Virtua Fighter 5 has the characters looking better than they ever have before. It's really something considering the game is 15 years old.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Nice way to introduce another wrinkle to the arc by showing that world powers could see that various powers gathering could be a threat. And heh, a young prime minister of Poland is a fighter, too? I gotta start playing more fighting games. 

As for the match, after watching both Lidia and Jean, I think Lidia could possibly win here, too. At the very least, she could definitely hold Jean off until help arrives (though I have a feeling Giovanna's about to be busy soon).

On 6/20/2021 at 4:46 PM, DSkillz said:

Another good set-up, Johnny. Nice way to introduce another wrinkle to the arc by showing that world powers could see that various powers gathering could be a threat. And heh, a young prime minister of Poland is a fighter, too? I gotta start playing more fighting games.

Yes... and she is DAMN good at Shotokan Karate too!

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.30 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - SSJRuss
4.80 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - ViceCityMobster86

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
24.10 Total Combined Score
24.10 / 5 = 4.82 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE