Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Unggoy (Grunts) at this Wiki
Official Site: Bungie

Battle Terrain
Cannon Fodder Challenge: King of the Hill

I reckon the Crazy 88 being forced to fight against things like that would set them back a bit, as they seem to have at least a few members that are scared of an adept swordswoman, let alone things that look physically imposing like this.

Definitely a scenario that would benefit from more context.

Like, no weapons, I favor the Crazy 88. With weapons, I favor the grunts.

I know KotH can get pretty rowdy, but is murder really allowed under any rule set?

The Grunts might have better weapons (if the scenario even allows for weapons) but remember guys that Halopedia itself has described them as poor soldiers, quote “terrible shots when not focused, physically weak, and tactically inept as a rule. And if their commanders are eliminated in battle they frequently panic and scatter in random directions,” end quote. Now this might not technically be their own fault, as the Covenant military has always mistreated them and put them down, basically training them to be little more then cannon fodder for the Elites. So yeah pretty sure the Crazy 88 advantage in speed, reflexes, and general discipline and bravery will win them the day.

39 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

The Grunts might have better weapons (if the scenario even allows for weapons) but remember guys that Halopedia itself has described them as poor soldiers, quote “terrible shots when not focused, physically weak, and tactically inept as a rule. And if their commanders are eliminated in battle they frequently panic and scatter in random directions,” end quote. Now this might not technically be their own fault, as the Covenant military has always mistreated them and put them down, basically training them to be little more then cannon fodder for the Elites. So yeah pretty sure the Crazy 88 advantage in speed, reflexes, and general discipline and bravery will win them the day.

Odd how the war started with a Grunt gutting a militiaman with his bare claws, they're pretty strong actually. 

14 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

quote “terrible shots when not focused, physically weak, and tactically inept as a rule. And if their commanders are eliminated in battle they frequently panic and scatter in random directions,” end quote.

I think that sells me on Crazy 88

59 minutes ago, Fox said:

I think that sells me on Crazy 88

Don't forget though, the Grunt rebellion was a serious threat to the covenant they had to send in Elites to qwell them. Grunts have the advantage of being underestimated, don't believe me? Play Halo games on Legendary and see how often those little bastards kill you

23 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Odd how the war started with a Grunt gutting a militiaman with his bare claws, they're pretty strong actually. 

I’m not doubting their physical strength, only their mental attitude and tactics. The Grunts maybe physically stronger, but considering that the 88 are faster, more agile, and have greater focus and discipline I don’t think the Grunts strength is going to do them any good.

8 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Don't forget though, the Grunt rebellion was a serious threat to the covenant they had to send in Elites to qwell them. Grunts have the advantage of being underestimated, don't believe me? Play Halo games on Legendary and see how often those little bastards kill you

Was it really that serious? I mean by the end of the rebellion the Grunts were still at the same place they were at the start; still the lowest race on the totem poll. Again the fact is that the average Grunt is unfortunately conditioned by the rest of the Covenant to believe their only lot in life is to be a lowly underlying to either an Elite or a Brute and thus on their own their only real strategy is to bum rush their enemy or flee when the fight turns against them. 

24 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I’m not doubting their physical strength, only their mental attitude and tactics. The Grunts maybe physically stronger, but considering that the 88 are faster, more agile, and have greater focus and discipline I don’t think the Grunts strength is going to do them any good.

Was it really that serious? I mean by the end of the rebellion the Grunts were still at the same place they were at the start; still the lowest race on the totem poll. Again the fact is that the average Grunt is unfortunately conditioned by the rest of the Covenant to believe their only lot in life is to be a lowly underlying to either an Elite or a Brute and thus on their own their only real strategy is to bum rush their enemy or flee when the fight turns against them. 

Yeah it was serious, one of the few times they needed an Arbiter, when Grunts have to fight they fight very hard. Yap-Yap is another example of what happens when Grunts are motivated. 

Also if weapons are allowed some needler kills can be very demoralizing. 

Just now, Mercenaryblade said:

Yeah it was serious, one of the few times they needed an Arbiter, when Grunts have to fight they fight very hard. Yap-Yap is another example of what happens when Grunts are motivated. 

Also if weapons are allowed some needler kills can be very demoralizing. 

If it was serious how come the Grunts weren’t able to get better concessions from the Covenant? By the time of the original Halo game they were still firmly at the bottom of rung and even humans saw them as little more then cannon fodder, heck they nicknamed them “Grunts”! 

And sorry I don’t think the Crazy 88 will be demoralized before the Grunts. They literally fought to the last man against the Bride, even after watching countless of their fellow members be chopped to pieces! Again quote from Halopedia “if their commanders are eliminated in battle they frequently panic and scatter in random directions.” I rest my case.

9 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

If it was serious how come the Grunts weren’t able to get better concessions from the Covenant? By the time of the original Halo game they were still firmly at the bottom of rung and even humans saw them as little more then cannon fodder, heck they nicknamed them “Grunts”! 

And sorry I don’t think the Crazy 88 will be demoralized before the Grunts. They literally fought to the last man against the Bride, even after watching countless of their fellow members be chopped to pieces! Again quote from Halopedia “if their commanders are eliminated in battle they frequently panic and scatter in random directions.” I rest my case.

The hierarchs weren't giving concessions then, or ever. They were at a great place in their power. 

Not so fast there Phoenix Wright. Getting chopped up is one thing getting blown apart by crystals that track you is quite another. Or fuel rod cannon rounds because grunts are known to carry those. “if their commanders are eliminated in battle they frequently panic and scatter in random directions.” Or they do this to you: 

Halo 5 - "I See a Suicide Grunt!" - YouTube

Halo 3 Grunt suicide X 6!! - YouTube

Melee with a suicide grunt is not a good idea even with Spartan armor