Slot: The Team's Master Criminal
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Joker at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: Clean Up the Trial

It's a shame because I feel that Riddler vs. Sherlock Holmes would be a much more appropriate fight. 

Could Sherlock discover the corruption? Almost certainly. Where this becomes more difficult is whether or not he could clean up the trial. Going against the Joker is a death sentence, and even if this trial does lock him up, he's almost certainly going to break out again, and the judge and jury members know that. Sherlock would need an amazing case to persuade them

Eh, I'm not so sure this challenge would be as tough for the detectives as it seems, especially with certain types of criminals.

AFIAK, discretion in blackmail and extortion (which would almost certainly be required to fix a trial) has never been Joker's strong suit. He generally prefers to use his patented Joker venom to do the "persuading" for him, and the venom's side effects are usually the opposite of discreet. 

Besides, Sherlock is definitely astute enough to see the tells in the corrupted parties, and he could therefore find the clues that lead said corruptions back to the Joker before the verdict would be rendered. 

I think Sherlock should have this, cause as DSkillz said, Joker doesn't really do anything that isn't grandiose or self indulgent. He'd make the people think that he's gotten them on his side, the ones he's bought, and then he'd be the one to pull the curtain away on the people he bought himself. Cause he knows he can do it and possibly get away with it still, even after being jailed for a month or a week or however long he usually gets jailed for. Sherlock Holmes would have a bad time, cause Joker would tease him during the entirety of it and he'd know he didn't actually get the better of him, but if I had to choose a winner it'd be Sherlock, cause he technically completes the challenge?

I mean, if this hinges on Joker going to jail/staying in jail then I don't think he can lose. Joker never stays locked up and is perfect at avoiding the law. I don't think Joker would let someone that isn't Batman get him locked up.

I like Sherlock Holmes chances in this match-up.  I think he can expose the compromised individuals.

It is unfortunate that being exposed will likely result in the individuals demise, but that is not a consideration of the challenge.

9 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

...in a comic from the 70's, like 4 DC reboots ago lol. This is hardly the Joker at his best

Yeah, and the dude that beat him was just an actor. By all rights, just about any version of the Joker shouldn't have been outdone.

2 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Yeah, and the dude that beat him was just an actor. By all rights, just about any version of the Joker shouldn't have been outdone.

I mean the fight's over now so it's not worth getting into, but we're looking at the characters at their best, not some random comic from the 70's where the Joker is massively lowballed