Giorno Giovana

Slot: The Team's Anime Character
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Giorno Giovana at this Wiki
Official Site: Jump

Battle Terrain

Oh shit, this is spicy. Giorno Giovanna could turn back the Hulk back into Bruce Banner as well, as it has an effect on will on top of physical attacks aimed at Giorno. When Diavolo tried to attack Giorno, the first time the attack was returned to zero, and the second time he tried to do it, his body literally went against him and he would not attack at all. In that case, returning the Hulk's will to zero, which is simultaneous with his anger, which might cause him to return back to Bruce Banner, at which point he could technically cause the Infinite Death Loop on him as Bruce Banner is not any stronger than a normal human being.

I haven't seen the show Giorno is from, but it kind of seems like he is getting by on technicalities.

Anyways, if the people familiar with him think he comes out on top here then I imagine he does.

1 minute ago, Fox said:

I haven't seen the show Giorno is from, but it kind of seems like he is getting by on technicalities.

Anyways, if the people familiar with him think he comes out on top here then I imagine he does.

That's because he is a person with a very busted ability, but no real physical abilities. I thought he was a fun pick as opposed to "punch, kick, dead."

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Oh shit, this is spicy. Giorno Giovanna could turn back the Hulk back into Bruce Banner as well, as it has an effect on will on top of physical attacks aimed at Giorno. When Diavolo tried to attack Giorno, the first time the attack was returned to zero, and the second time he tried to do it, his body literally went against him and he would not attack at all. In that case, returning the Hulk's will to zero, which is simultaneous with his anger, which might cause him to return back to Bruce Banner, at which point he could technically cause the Infinite Death Loop on him as Bruce Banner is not any stronger than a normal human being.

Doesn't Banner automatically become the Hulk when he takes fatal damage, though? Like, if someone tried to assassinate Banner, regardless of how quick, I'm almost positive he would turn into the Hulk

2 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Doesn't Banner automatically become the Hulk when he takes fatal damage, though? Like, if someone tried to assassinate Banner, regardless of how quick, I'm almost positive he would turn into the Hulk

Not that I know of. Even then, it wouldn't be his problem anymore, if he actually does manage to pull off the beginning of the death loop, cause the deaths occur in some weird pseudo-realities unrelated to the one the person was killed in.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Not that I know of. Even then, it wouldn't be his problem anymore, if he actually does manage to pull off the beginning of the death loop, cause the deaths occur in some weird pseudo-realities unrelated to the one the person was killed in.

But for the death loop to occur, it has to actually kill, right? I'm also not convinced he can reset Hulk to Banner. Do you have an actual feat of him doing something similar? Wouldn't he have to know that Hulk's emotions were specifically what makes him transform?

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

But for the death loop to occur, it has to actually kill, right? I'm also not convinced he can reset Hulk to Banner. Do you have an actual feat of him doing something similar? Wouldn't he have to know that Hulk's emotions were specifically what makes him transform?

Wouldn't Hulk need to be willed into existence by his alter-ego? It's definition states that it can reset the actions, motivations and power of someone to zero, so I don't know what anger would fall under in this case.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Wouldn't Hulk need to be willed into existence by his alter-ego? It's definition states that it can reset the actions, motivations and power of someone to zero, so I don't know what anger would fall under in this case.

Hulk is definitely not something Banner wills into existence most of the time. In fact, in many continuities anyway, Banner transforms into Hulk against his will. I have no idea how that would interact with Giorno's power, because Hulk isn't really a "power," so much as a state of being for Banner, again, in the continuities I'm aware of

Sorry Macklemore but Banner has shown the ability to transform into the Hulk even after Banner was seemingly dead. Here’s some clips of Banner getting headshotted by some random mook robbing a convenience store only for Hulk to latter revive him at the morgue:

BC1C4943-9D84-4EDD-A55A-85F700F5E091.thumb.jpeg.f0338f35c148bc78f1318071faedf42c.jpeg6D415C1F-0635-4133-A697-F27E4FA3C46C.thumb.jpeg.d7459827a0cb987c3c16ee5c5e6ebeec.jpeg5D0C68D7-3E0C-441B-A505-98E59BC04E7A.jpeg.c1324521dfa636b2e78d4add887d3b78.jpeg

So killing Banner before he transforms into Hulk won’t work for Giorno. Also during Rumble 16276 Alucard vs Giorno, didn’t Macklemore point out that in order for Giorno’s death loop to occur death actually needed to happen first? Well considering Hulk has survived blows from Thor and Sentry who at their best can destroy entire planets and solar systems, I think we can safely say that Giorno doesn’t have the power to kill Hulk. HULK SMASH!

4 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Sorry Macklemore but Banner has shown the ability to transform into the Hulk even after Banner was seemingly dead. Here’s some clips of Banner getting headshotted by some random mook robbing a convenience store only for Hulk to latter revive him

Okay, but Banner literally died here. As in got murdered and it took hours until he transformed, and it was a normal mook that killed him. Not a good case for him at all.

So killing Banner before he transforms into Hulk won’t work for Giorno. 

Nothing in your post shows that. Giorno seemingly has an entire hour before Hulk appears, and by then, Hulk/Banner would already be effected by the Death Loop, which has been stated to throw people in another realm where they're fated to experience death forever.

Also during Rumble 16276 Alucard vs Giorno, didn’t Macklemore point out that in order for Giorno’s death loop to occur death actually needed to happen first? 

I did, but then I found Giorno's canonical explanation and it appears he only needs to "hit" them for this happen. For the record, I was previously going by assumption cause that was my understanding of the power, him killing him someone for the death loop to occur made sense with my understanding of his return to zero power. 

I think we can safely say that Giorno doesn’t have the power to kill Hulk. HULK SMASH!

This is my favourite. Even if we take everything you say here is fact, there's no way for Hulk to smash. He just can't get past Giorno's ability to turn actions to zero.

21 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Okay, but Banner literally died here. As in got murdered and it took hours until he transformed, and it was a normal mook that killed him. Not a good case for him at all.

Nothing in your post shows that. Giorno seemingly has an entire hour before Hulk appears, and by then, Hulk/Banner would already be effected by the Death Loop, which has been stated to throw people in another realm where they're fated to experience death forever.

I did, but then I found Giorno's canonical explanation and it appears he only needs to "hit" them for this happen. For the record, I was previously going by assumption cause that was my understanding of the power, him killing him someone for the death loop to occur made sense with my understanding of his return to zero power. 

This is my favourite. Even if we take everything you say here is fact, there's no way for Hulk to smash. He just can't get past Giorno's ability to turn actions to zero.

Out of curiosity, do you have any examples of anything that was hit by Giorno's Stand that isn't explicitly killed outright by the hit that then enters the infinite death loop? If he hit, for example, another Stand, could he just put them in the infinite death loop?

46 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Out of curiosity, do you have any examples of anything that was hit by Giorno's Stand that isn't explicitly killed outright by the hit that then enters the infinite death loop? If he hit, for example, another Stand, could he just put them in the infinite death loop?

Nope, cause in universe he is treated the end all of all stands, the best in every facet. Every other appearance of his has been non-canon and merely serves to faciliate how powerful the other stand is. What's interesting is that in one game, he merely tries to punch Heaven Ascension Dio once, which I guess proves the point that he merely needs to hit someone to send them in a death loop. Heaven Ascension Dio happens to overwrite his death loop of course and he's rated a crisp Low 2-C on VS Battles wiki, so I'd wager Giorno's ability somewhere between 3-A (as 3-A is universal and he negated universal time erasure) and Low 2-C according to this tiering system.

13 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

BC1C4943-9D84-4EDD-A55A-85F700F5E091.thumb.jpeg.f0338f35c148bc78f1318071faedf42c.jpeg

Not trying to nit-pick here, but it looks like Banner is already starting to turn into Hulk before he gets shot (note that his eyes are turning green in the pic right above the head-shot).

6 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Not trying to nit-pick here, but it looks like Banner is already starting to turn into Hulk before he gets shot (note that his eyes are turning green in the pic right above the head-shot).

Even so, it still takes him so long to actually turn into Hulk, as he gets taken to a morgue which presumably would take hours at least and only then transforms into Hulk.