Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 16471 Algol vs. Heihachi Mishima

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXVIII

sacred_team___kof_98_ending_by_zeref_ftx_d9c16e1-fullview.jpg.df816e7f7e4a8ee3428bdc4213e0bf7a.jpg

Outside the Yata village, Kolin stood victorious over a defeated Mature. (REF: KOLIN VS. MATURE) She was unsure of what Iori’s reaction to her victory would be. The impolite heir of the Yagami Clan slowly clapped his hands in response. 

“Now that that is done, let’s keep moving,” Iori stated.

Given the recent revelations, Kolin was a little confused. “Are you saying you trust me?”

“No,” replied Iori. “I never did, but you have proven very useful and that you are a better fighter than my previous assistants. All I care about it is you helping me defeat whatever this THING is.”

Kolin nodded.

A purple flame emitted from Iori’s right hand. “Reminder, if you do try to betray me, I will end you.”

Kolin motioned toward Mature. “What about her?”

“She is a treacherous dog who I only tolerate when she is of use,” Iori said flatly.

Kolin bent over to pick up her blonde haired opponent.

“What are you doing?” asked Iori.

“I am taking her with us to the village. I believe she knows more about Urien’s plan than I do. I need to know what he is up to,” Kolin answered.

Iori nixed this idea. “You can’t bring her with us. The Yata village isn’t very fond of disciples of Orochi. We wouldn’t make it past the entrance with her.”

Kolin sighed. “Very well.”

Iori and Kolin left Mature and made their way to Chizuru Kagura’s ancestral home. When they found her, Chizuru was heavily bandaged on her arm and around her face.

“Well look at you,” Iori remarked.

“It’s nice that you have finally decided to join us,” said Chizuru. Her eyes immediately went to Kolin. “Who is she?”

“Her name is Helen or maybe it isn’t. She is connected to some shadowy organization of influence and has been working for me for a little while. (REF: IORI YAGAMI VS. CHARLIE NASH) She wants to help us out. Most importantly she is a ruthless fighter. She eliminated an assassin back at our hotel (REF: KOLIN VS. LIEN NEVILLE) and she delivered a beatdown to Mature right outside your village.”

“Mature was trying to come here?” asked Chizuru.

“She was looking for me,” Iori corrected. “She wanted my help.”

Chizuru chuckled. “Despite your surly nature, the women still flock to you.” She sized up Kolin and took note of her cold gaze. “Well at least the sadistic, malevolent ones.”

Iori rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Why am I here? Where is Kyo?”

“Kyo went to the Meiji Jingu stadium with Athena to pick up Goro Daimon and reconnect with Benimaru and a girl named Maki,” informed Chizuru. (REF: E. HONDA VS. GORO DAIMON)  “From what I have been told Benimaru still has not arrived.” (REF: BENIMARU NIKAIDO VS. CRIMSON VIPER)

Iori scoffed. “No big loss, Benimaru is a clown and would only slow us down.”

Kolin spoke up. “Iori told me you accidentally unleashed some kind of demon when you were attempting to seal some fragments of the Soul Edge sword.”

“Yes,” replied Chizuru. “There are fragments of the sword embedded in warriors all over the world. We thought the safest way to ensure that the sword would not return would be to magically seal up some of its pieces. Unfortunately, our magic had an unforeseen reaction with some lingering force in the area. That resulted in bringing HER back and my current appearance. (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA)  I must rectify my miscalculation as soon as possible.”

“I have no interest in coming here to fix your mistakes, I only want to ensure this sword doesn’t weaken Orochi’s seal even further,” Iori clarified. “Are you sure it has the power to do that?”

Kolin interrupted. “It must. That would be the only way Urien could convince servants of Orochi to work for him.”

“We are still trying to learn the full extent of what we are up against,” Chizuru admitted. She turned her attention to Kolin. “Would you have any useful information that we can use?”

“I need to try to contact Algol again.”

“Who is he?”

“A high ranking member of the Society. Ancient weapons and legends of old are something of a specialty for him,” Kolin explained. (REF: ALGOL VS. URIEN)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

522543-Heihachi-tekken_7-748x421.jpg.2c0e94d4f8e234288f339ead68fde73b.jpg

Algol boarded a private jet and traveled abroad in pursuit of snuffing out the far reaching tentacles of Urien’s plan to unleash Soul Edge. He berated himself for not picking up on it earlier and wondered if he would be able to stop the resurfacing in time. He took with him the assassin profiles from Urien’s office, but his first target was a man who Algol knew had been helping Urien. Geese Howard. Algol was able to track Geese’s most recent movements and discovered the Southtown kingpin had traveled to Japan to confront Heihachi Mishima for some unknown purpose. (REF: GEESE HOWARD VS. HEIHACHI MISHIMA)

After he arrived in Japan, Algol was unable to locate Geese or get any relevant information on his possible whereabouts. He did, however, get intel on where Heihachi Mishima was, so the legendary hero king decided to try his luck with the original King of the Iron Fist.

Heihachi sat silently in a pagoda temple trying to make peace with the fact that he would have to now kill his wife for the second time. One of his men spotted her fighting a winged woman outside a library. (REF: NYOTENGU VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA) The time was now, before he lost track of her again. Heihachi felt a stern pair of eyes watching him.

“Who dares interrupt me here!” Heihachi demanded without opening his own eyes.

“I am not here for you, I am looking for a man you may have crossed paths with, Geese Howard,” said Algol

Instant recognition appeared on Heihachi’s face. He thought about his back and forth bruising battle with Geese that nearly ended in a stalemate, (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. KUMA) but he remained coy. “I don’t know who you are talking about. Get out of here.”

In truth, even if he wanted to help this strange man find Geese he would have to take him to the pit where he threw Geese’s body and explain to him how to get down there. Heihachi didn’t have time for such things; his fated rematch awaited him. Also, he had no interest in conversing with this intruder.

“Don’t lie to me just tell me where he is!” Algol demanded.

Heihachi stood up. “No one tells me what to do. Unless you want me to crush you then you will leave this place. I have much more important things to deal with then you or that arrogant motor mouth. I must prepare to return my beloved Kazumi back to the dead.”

“There are bigger things going on in the world than the neverending drama of the Mishima family,” stated Algol.

Electricity crackled around Heihachi’s fists. “I will not tolerate some young punk coming in here and disparaging me and my family name. Whatever your concerns are, they mean nothing to me. Leave or die!”

“I have lived a longer life than you, you stubborn old kook. Much longer. But we shall not worry about details right now.” Algol levitated into the air. Blue energy engulfed his left hand and red energy surrounded his right. “If you insist on being obstinate for no reason I will have to beat the answers out of your miserable body.”

Two powerful old guys going at it. :D 

Good set-up as usual, Johnny. Good to see you always having multiple angle of the storyline going on even within each match.

As for the match, it's looking like Algol should win this, given that he's powerful enough to create worlds on a whim.

22 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Two powerful old guys going at it. :D 

Good set-up as usual, Johnny. Good to see you always having multiple angle of the storyline going on even within each match.

As for the match, it's looking like Algol should win this, given that he's powerful enough to create worlds on a whim.

While Algol is indeed super powerful and is responsible for the creation of Soul Calibur,  he can only create worlds within the Astral Chaos realm not the human realm. At the very least he did not show that ability in either of the Soul Calibur games in which he appeared.

Thanks as always for the comments, DSklliz. 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:34 PM, JohnnyChany said:

While Algol is indeed super powerful and is responsible for the creation of Soul Calibur,  he can only create worlds within the Astral Chaos realm not the human realm. At the very least he did not show that ability in either of the Soul Calibur games in which he appeared.

Ah, I see, my bad.

Even barring that, though, Algol still seems to be more powerful overall than Heihachi and is definitely more experienced.

I’ll back Heihachi, like Johnny said Algol’s world controlling feat is only applicable in the Astral world and shouldn’t be a factor in this match. Overall Heihachi’s feats are just more impressive; he caught a bullet between his teeth, grabbed a missile and threw it back, and he’s tanked Devil Kazuya’s laser beam, which was powerful enough to blow up a satellite that was orbiting the Earth. Also he was able to kill his son Kazuya(he got better) who at the time was being powered by the freaking devil himself!

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.30 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.00 Total Combined Score
14.00 / 3 = 4.67 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Algol: 3
Heihachi Mishima: 3

On 5/29/2021 at 3:15 AM, Callisto said:

MATCH SCORE
Algol: 3
Heihachi Mishima: 3

Argh, another tie. I was really looking forward to either doing Gen vs Heihachi or Gen vs Algol.  Alas, I will have to find him another 3rd round dancing partner.