Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Battle Droids at this Wiki
Official Site: Lucas Arts

Battle Terrain
Cannon Fodder Challenge: Arena Free For All

The Vorcha appear to be very ruthless and all that, but do not seem to have an actual way of beating good military strategy beyond outnumber an opponent and be as ruthless as possible. Don't know if that would work against Battle Droids, due to my assumption that the amount of people on both sides is equal. They have a chance to win, but on average I'd give this to the Battle Droids.

I think the Vorcha win here. They are individually smarter than regular Battle Droids, and as we've covered in the past, without the Super Battle Droids and all the upgraded Droid models, standard Star Wars Battle Droids are highly incompetent and not great fighters. Need I put the videos here of of Battle Droids just bumbling around, all Stooge-like? Many of the Vorcha you fight in ME also have armor or kinetic shielding thatĀ can stand up to a few shots from Shepard's guns, which, while definitely isn't enough for them toĀ notĀ be cannon fodder (Shepard is still able to mow them downĀ easily), is definitely an advantage in this fight because they won't go down in one shot, whereas the Droids have no shields and basically 1-shot by everything. Finally, the Vorcha are just depicted as real threats. They aren't very powerful, but they're ruthless, always go for the throat, and are at least powerful enough in numbers to put up a genuine fight for Shepard and crew. The Battle Droids, as I said, are completely bumbling goofballs most of the time. Not because they're not taking the fighting "seriously," but just because they're programmed that way. Their cartoonish incompetence is often the death of them and it would be here too

9 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I think that the Vorchaā€™s kinetic shielding and regenerative abilities will give them the advantage over the droids.

Would kinetic shielding do any good against blaster bolts? Genuinely curiousĀ 

5 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Would kinetic shielding do any good against blaster bolts? Genuinely curiousĀ 

In gameplay, yes, they do protect against lasers. They also have mass effect barriers that can repel lasers better

16 minutes ago, Fox said:

Kinetic Shielding (keyword: Kinetic ... not laser beams) + some regenerative properties < Laser beams.

pew pew!

Vorcha's weapons are just as fast and effective as Star Wars lasers