Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

9:5 - Wario vs. Diddy Kong

SEASON 9, ROUND 5

Wario

Slot: The Team's Platformer
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Wario at this Wiki
Official Site: Nintendo

Diddy Kong

Slot: The Team's Platformer
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Diddy Kong at this Wiki
Official Site: Nintendo

Battle Terrain
Platformer Challenge: Ghosts n Goblins

I think Diddy would actually be better equipped against enemies like the devils that fly around. I think he’s better at jumping and uses some projectiles, I haven’t played many Wario platformers however.

On 5/15/2021 at 4:25 PM, Mercenaryblade said:

Could Wario just ride his motorcycle through em? :D 

Wario might not even need to do that, as he is a pretty decent force to reckoned with based on his super strength, endurance, and his melee based attacks, in addition to his speed.

In Ghosts and Goblins, Wario might fare better than Diddy Kong would as Diddy is described as being "quick and nimble to offset Donkey Kong's great strength", making him more agile but also giving him more trouble in defeating larger enemies, factors which make it harder for Diddy to deal with the Ghosts and Goblins enemies that are equal to Donkey Kong Country enemies of similar or greater strength levels, while for Wario that particular problem wouldn't be as much of an issue, but the more nimble enemies might, creating a scenario of strength vs agility here.

The thing is, from what I understanding about Ghosts and Goblins, it is a game that involves more strength and power than speed and agility, so Diddy's nimbleness won't help him a much in dealing with opponents that require strength as he is described as having trouble defeating larger, stronger enemies, whereas for Wario that wouldn't be as much of a problem as strength and power seem to come to him quite naturally in a way they don't for Diddy, so in that I'd place my money on Wario here.

56 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Wario might not even need to do that, as he is a pretty decent force to reckoned with based on his super strength, endurance, and his melee based attacks, in addition to his speed.

In Ghosts and Goblins, Wario might fare better than Diddy Kong would as Diddy is described as being "quick and nimble to offset Donkey Kong's great strength", making him more agile but also giving him more trouble in defeating larger enemies, factors which make it harder for Diddy to deal with the Ghosts and Goblins enemies that are equal to Donkey Kong Country enemies of similar or greater strength levels, while for Wario that particular problem wouldn't be as much of an issue, but the more nimble enemies might, creating a scenario of strength vs agility here.

The thing is, from what I understanding about Ghosts and Goblins, it is a game that involves more strength and power than speed and agility, so Diddy's nimbleness won't help him a much in dealing with opponents that require strength as he is described as having trouble defeating larger, stronger enemies, whereas for Wario that wouldn't be as much of a problem as strength and power seem to come to him quite naturally in a way they don't for Diddy, so in that I'd place my money on Wario here.

Just gonna throw this out here

The most effective weapon in the game(the knife) is based on how rapid it can be thrown. The character dies in two hits, so I think a brawler like Wario would struggle. It’s also much more important to be quick and able to dodge projectiles and enemy groups. Assuming the characters have their abilities but still play by the Ghosts N Goblins rules, I think Diddy would do well. 

14 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Fair point, I did forget about Diddy's skull skills, but it can be said, that normally he isn't known as the brute strength type like DK or Wario for example.

13 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

The most effective weapon in the game(the knife) is based on how rapid it can be thrown. The character dies in two hits, so I think a brawler like Wario would struggle. It’s also much more important to be quick and able to dodge projectiles and enemy groups. Assuming the characters have their abilities but still play by the Ghosts N Goblins rules, I think Diddy would do well. 

This depends on whether or not weapons are a real factor, in which it can be said that Diddy does have weapons himself, Peanut Popguns in his own games. That being said, if it is based of GNG rules, Wario would suffer more by utilizing his durability in more cases, however Diddy could suffer in that way too depending. Both are quick, but I think that Wario's strength might be a bit more of an asset than Diddy's nimbleness, with it being said that Wario could potentially dodge projectiles himself, as he more than likely has some experience with similar conditions.

These two ultimately, are matched a bit more evenly than I originally thought.

15 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Fair point, I did forget about Diddy's skull skills, but it can be said, that normally he isn't known as the brute strength type like DK or Wario for example.

This depends on whether or not weapons are a real factor, in which it can be said that Diddy does have weapons himself, Peanut Popguns in his own games. That being said, if it is based of GNG rules, Wario would suffer more by utilizing his durability in more cases, however Diddy could suffer in that way too depending. Both are quick, but I think that Wario's strength might be a bit more of an asset than Diddy's nimbleness, with it being said that Wario could potentially dodge projectiles himself, as he more than likely has some experience with similar conditions.

These two ultimately, are matched a bit more evenly than I originally thought.

It’s also important to note that this is top score in Ghosts N Goblins, which means collecting items and getting rid of more enemies. I think Diddy is better at collection, given how the Donkey Kong games have a lot of bananas to collect.

Yeah, I think this is pretty close overall but I might give it to Diddy. He's faster, which means he can explore faster and finish levels more quickly, as well as dodge enemy projectiles. He's strong enough to kill anything, and durable enough to survive the enemies as well.