Franklin Richards

Slot: The Team's Marvel Comics Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Franklin Richards at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain

While this would inevitably be a good fight, Franklin has this one for sure. He's a whole tier above Ryoko, and his feats are very strong. He's a high level reality warper who's so strong Galactus needed to be rescued by him when he was attacked by Celestials. Galactus spoke to him like an equal, and he called Galactus his herald. Franklin's power level is absurd, and it's more than enough to pull the win here

I think we need to take into consideration Franklin's age and the fact that Ryoko is fun and good with young people.

Battle may come down to simply playing a childs game together.

8 minutes ago, Fox said:

I think we need to take into consideration Franklin's age and the fact that Ryoko is fun and good with young people.

Battle may come down to simply playing a childs game together.

Franklin is young, but his best feats mostly come from when his older self traveled back in time. Because we usually use the strongest version of the character, this is the one we should take into account

9 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Franklin is young, but his best feats mostly come from when his older self traveled back in time. Because we usually use the strongest version of the character, this is the one we should take into account

Both versions are listed as 2A

In current continuity Franklin is a child.  The adult version is essentially a different character.

6 minutes ago, Fox said:

Both versions are listed as 2A

In current continuity Franklin is a child.  The adult version is essentially a different character.

They're the same tier because Franklin has multiversal potential, but adult Franklin is far more skilled and able to use his power effectively, so that's definitely the more powerful version. Many characters in these three slots have multiple versions that are far more different than child Franklin and adult Franklin, and we always use the more powerful version, even if it's not the most current version. 

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

They're the same tier because Franklin has multiversal potential, but adult Franklin is far more skilled and able to use his power effectively, so that's definitely the more powerful version. Many characters in these three slots have multiple versions that are far more different than child Franklin and adult Franklin, and we always use the more powerful version, even if it's not the most current version. 

While I do agree that we tend to take the most powerful version of a character - that usually comes with caveats.

When we discuss Spider-Man we do not automatically assume it is the Cosmic Spider-Man version.

I personally make no assumption this is the Adult version we see in some story arc.  Especially when their powers are functionally the same and Franklin Richards is a child in current continuity.

Also, you didn't update the battle image.

15 minutes ago, Fox said:

While I do agree that we tend to take the most powerful version of a character - that usually comes with caveats.

When we discuss Spider-Man we do not automatically assume it is the Cosmic Spider-Man version.

I personally make no assumption this is the Adult version we see in some story arc.  Especially when their powers are functionally the same and Franklin Richards is a child in current continuity.

Also, you didn't update the battle image.

I did forget to update the battle image, but again, the adult version is far more powerful and I assumed would be the one to be used anyway. 

This is all a moot point because, regardless, Franklin isn't a kid anymore and thus the entire argument is pointless. He is far more powerful and assuming he's actually motivated to win, something I, at least, always assume here, Franklin would win

5 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This is all a moot point because, regardless, Franklin isn't a kid anymore and thus the entire argument is pointless. He is far more powerful and assuming he's actually motivated to win, something I, at least, always assume here, Franklin would win

I never said he wouldn't win, I just said Ryoko is fun and good with young people.

Please update the battle image if you get an opportunity.  That would be helpful.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

While Franklin may well be a tier above Ryoko, that does NOT guarantee a win. Ryoko has one important advantage over Franklin. Over CENTURIES of experience. 

That's true, but Galactus and the Celestials also have centuries of experience over Franklin and he manages to make Galactus his Herald and defeat those Celestials

7 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That's true, but Galactus and the Celestials also have centuries of experience over Franklin and he manages to make Galactus his Herald and defeat those Celestials

Was about to say exactly this. Franklin is seen as an equal by literal fundamental forces of the universe.

20 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I did forget to update the battle image, but again, the adult version is far more powerful and I assumed would be the one to be used anyway. 

Alright so if he's not a kid anymore Ryoko seducing him is a viable tactic then. :D 

31 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Alright so if he's not a kid anymore Ryoko seducing him is a viable tactic then. :D 

Even so, the power difference is dramatic. She could seduce him, but, what comes after? How exactly would she beat him?

13 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Even so, the power difference is dramatic. She could seduce him, but, what comes after? How exactly would she beat him?

Doom sent him to hell successfully. He's got his limits, I don't think Ryoko would do that though. 

A suckerpunch is a suckerpunch he might be powerful, but so is she and if he's got his guard down won't make too much of a difference. 

Or  heck getting him not to fight her I think would count as a win. 

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

She could seduce him, but, what comes after? How exactly would she beat him?

In this scenario, Ryoko wins when Franklin agrees to start doing the dishes after dinner and taking out the recyclables.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Is it technically possible for him to be seduced? I guess

Would she be able to seduce him? Almost certainly not

What makes you so sure? You've always got something to back your claims.

(I mean that as a compliment not sarcasm btw)

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Is it technically possible for him to be seduced? I guess

Would she be able to seduce him? Almost certainly not

Washu taught Ryoko everything she knows. She's an angel of mercy.

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

What makes you so sure? You've always got something to back your claims.

(I mean that as a compliment not sarcasm btw)

Fair enough, I should explain myself. First and foremost, most versions of Franklin are married. The most powerful version isn't because his timeline is collapsed if memory serves, but that also leads me to my second point: Franklin is very serious and mission-oriented. When he gets seriously involved in a situation, it's along the lines of "Galactus is dead and Mad Celestials are tear apart time," and in that situation he's willing to go to any lengths to succeed, including involving his child self in the fight. In any scenario where these two would be fighting, Franklin would reasonably be equally determined to win the fight, and as such seducing him would be almost impossible