Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

9:3 - Galactus vs. Larfleeze

SEASON 9, ROUND 3

Galactus

Slot: The Team's Marvel Comics Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Galactus at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Larfleeze

Slot: The Team's DC Comics Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Larfleeze at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain

Larfleeze is definitely powerful enough to give every Galactus, sans ones where he's fully fed to hell and back, a fair fight. He's got an entire lantern corps within him, he's waged war with the Guardians of the Universe before, has a Guardian as a pet, John doesn't feel confident fighting Larfleeze with a team consisting of White Lantern Kyle and Guardians, beats Kyle Rayner who has the power of the entire Emotional Spectrum, turns Atrocitus in a joke, and is just an overall pain in the ass to entire teams full of Solar System Level Lanterns and more. I'd put an individual Guardian on the level of Odin, and Odin has fought Galactus to a standstill before.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Larfleeze is definitely powerful enough to give every Galactus, sans ones where he's fully fed to hell and back, a fair fight. He's got an entire lantern corps within him, he's waged war with the Guardians of the Universe before, has a Guardian as a pet, John doesn't feel confident fighting Larfleeze with a team consisting of White Lantern Kyle and Guardians, beats Kyle Rayner who has the power of the entire Emotional Spectrum, turns Atrocitus in a joke, and is just an overall pain in the ass to entire teams full of Solar System Level Lanterns and more. I'd put an individual Guardian on the level of Odin, and Odin has fought Galactus to a standstill before.

Why do you put an individual Guardian so high? Any material I've ever seen, an individual Guardian, and even the Guardians as a whole, aren't anywhere near Odin's level, and the Vs. Battle Wiki agrees with me, putting them at Solar System Level and Odin at Multiversal, when he's at his strongest. The Pre-crisis Guardians are much closer to Odin's power level, but every feat you listed appears to be Post-crisis so that point is meaningless. 

More directly to the point, Larfleeze is well below even low showings for Galactus. Larfleeze is Solar System Tier in the Wiki, and from the feats you listed I would say that's rpetty fair. Maybe Galaxy level. Unless Galactus is starving, which we shouldn't assume he is because we tend to take people at their strongest, then Galactus is going to be far stronger, by scaling and by feats. Like, yeah, he is stalemated by Odin, but Odin himself in a Universal entity, maybe even low Multiversal, and has feats far stronger than Larfleeze. Making Atrocitus look like a joke means absolutely nothing here, because he is so much weaker than an even moderately fed Galactus that he wouldn't even be able to hurt him. I don't see how you scaled Larfleeze so high and Galactus so low. From what I can tell from the RTs, from the Vs Battle Wiki, and from their individual wiki entries, Galactus is much stronger

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Why do you put an individual Guardian so high? Any material I've ever seen, an individual Guardian, and even the Guardians as a whole, aren't anywhere near Odin's level, and the Vs. Battle Wiki agrees with me, putting them at Solar System Level and Odin at Multiversal, when he's at his strongest. The Pre-crisis Guardians are much closer to Odin's power level, but every feat you listed appears to be Post-crisis so that point is meaningless. 

More directly to the point, Larfleeze is well below even low showings for Galactus. Larfleeze is Solar System Tier in the Wiki, and from the feats you listed I would say that's rpetty fair. Maybe Galaxy level. Unless Galactus is starving, which we shouldn't assume he is because we tend to take people at their strongest, then Galactus is going to be far stronger, by scaling and by feats. Like, yeah, he is stalemated by Odin, but Odin himself in a Universal entity, maybe even low Multiversal, and has feats far stronger than Larfleeze. Making Atrocitus look like a joke means absolutely nothing here, because he is so much weaker than an even moderately fed Galactus that he wouldn't even be able to hurt him. I don't see how you scaled Larfleeze so high and Galactus so low. From what I can tell from the RTs, from the Vs Battle Wiki, and from their individual wiki entries, Galactus is much stronger

Currently not able to react to full post (I'll try to,) but I respectfully disagree. Ganthet isn't part of the Quintessence along with mega hitters from DC to be disrespected like this.

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Currently not able to react to full post (I'll try to,) but I respectfully disagree. Ganthet isn't part of the Quintessence along with mega hitters from DC to be disrespected like this.

I don't think I'm being disrespectful at all, but Post-Crisis, the Guardians have been far weaker than they were depicted Pre-Crisis, and Larfleeze as a character premiered decades after Crisis, so it stands to reason he would only scale to the weaker version of the Guardians. Again, going by RTs for both and the Vs. Battle Wiki entries, there's nothing that puts Larfleeze even above Solar System Level. If you really high-balled all of his feats, he would be Galaxy, but nothing puts him anywhere near Universal, let alone the Multiversal levels Galactus reaches at his peak. Again, Galactus' fights threatened the Marvel Multiverse outright. I see 0 feats for Larfleeze being anywhere remotely close to him in power. If you have evidence to the contrary I would love to see it, but I am completely unconvinced Larfleeze would even be a good fight for Galactus if Galactus is well-fed 

galactus would have to be very hungry to lose this and even if he was  jarfreeze is hugging a giant snack right there  the gardians  always get compared  to the watchers which if it was accurate would put them well above odin into celestial territory but would still be below your typical galactus  showing but they are significantly weaker than  a watcher  most gaurdians are beneath darkseid 

I only just now got the ability to return back to the debate, but due to time limitations, (I think the battle is about to end today), I don't think I can look into that many Larfleeze appearances. Due to that, I concede this debate to Peypeypey. Hopefully next time Larfleeze is picked for battle, I can do him justice.

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

I only just now got the ability to return back to the debate, but due to time limitations, (I think the battle is about to end today), I don't think I can look into that many Larfleeze appearances. Due to that, I concede this debate to Peypeypey. Hopefully next time Larfleeze is picked for battle, I can do him justice.

I'm fairly certain the matches actually end tomorrow

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Apparently it isn't, my math is all off. In that case, let me continue. In Green Lantern rebirth 3, the power of the Guardians (as a collective) is stated to be higher than Parallax, an entity who would consume the entire universe. Even if you think this is just flowery language, and consuming the universe just means "replacing every emotion with fear", we know for a fact that Parallax is an universal entity beyond this specific line of text. Hell, in this specific comic (Green Lantern Rebirth 3), Parallax is showcased to be on the level of the Spectre, which makes sense, cause they're both universal constants to an extent. Albeit, scaling to the strongest versions of Spectre is something that I stray from, as Spectre's power fluctuates a lot, he is still taken as universal on a general level.

On top of that, he's trapped Ophidian (the greed entity, a being of similar ability to Parallax) in his lantern.

For the record, I'm not saying he's a match to Galactus as his most powerful. He's an extremely powerful being. I'm just saying, he's been hurt by characters like Thor, and Ego, who are Herald level characters, and Larfleeze, for the most part, is seen as a character more powerful due to the fact that he's the embodiment of an entire corps, characters who by themselves are Herald tier.

26 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm fairly certain the matches actually end tomorrow

Yeah, I had a brainfart.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Apparently it isn't, my math is all off. In that case, let me continue. In Green Lantern rebirth 3, the power of the Guardians (as a collective) is stated to be higher than Parallax, an entity who would consume the entire universe. Even if you think this is just flowery language, and consuming the universe just means "replacing every emotion with fear", we know for a fact that Parallax is an universal entity beyond this specific line of text. Hell, in this specific comic (Green Lantern Rebirth 3), Parallax is showcased to be on the level of the Spectre, which makes sense, cause they're both universal constants to an extent. Albeit, scaling to the strongest versions of Spectre is something that I stray from, as Spectre's power fluctuates a lot, he is still taken as universal on a general level.

On top of that, he's trapped Ophidian (the greed entity, a being of similar ability to Parallax) in his lantern.

For the record, I'm not saying he's a match to Galactus as his most powerful. He's an extremely powerful being. I'm just saying, he's been hurt by characters like Thor, and Ego, who are Herald level characters, and Larfleeze, for the most part, is seen as a character more powerful due to the fact that he's the embodiment of an entire corps, characters who by themselves are Herald tier.

Yeah, I had a brainfart.

That is fair enough, and it's possible I did lowball Larfleeze a bit, but I think my assessment still stands that fully powered Galactus is a good bit stronger than Larfleeze. I would also point out that Parallax's universal scaling there isn't saying that he has universal attacks, but rather that he is a threat to the universe over time. By contrast, Galactus and Odin's fight, linked above, actually threatened to destroy entire universes at once, making his damage output far greater. That said, the rest of your points are well made. I could see Larfleeze being a universal threat and concede that he seems to be stronger than I initially thought, even if that doesn't make him a match for Galactus at his strongest. 

15 minutes ago, UMPIRE said:

Match Final Results

Galactus: 9
Larfleeze: 2

The other person who voted for Larfleeze, you da real G. Didn't expect that honestly, I was just consistently debating under the impression that he was fighting Galactus that was starving to all Hell.

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

The other person who voted for Larfleeze, you da real G. Didn't expect that honestly, I was just consistently debating under the impression that he was fighting Galactus that was starving to all Hell.

You're welcome

• Like 1