Slot: The Team's Master Detective
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sherlock Holmes at this Wiki
Official Site: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: Stockholm Syndrome

Ha! This is so fitting, since Artemis was basically like Moriarty on steroids for the whole fantasy/supernatural world(at first) and then gradually shifted into being like Sherlock and aiding them against another Moriarty-like individual(potentially smarter than him) who rose up as a major villain.

Tough one. 

44 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

With that being said, the points that the man made about Artemis Fowl seem on point ...

Yeah, it mentions that Artemis is a schemer as if that's an advantage here. You know who else is a elite-level schemer?

Moriarty. 

Let's not forget that Holmes was eventually able to outwit Moriarty.

I admittedly don't know a lot about Artemis Fowl, but even with all his fields of expertise, I'm willing to bet that Holmes is still intellectually on-par with him. Since Fowl is still just a teenager, Holmes would have more experience with using his own intellect. Holmes could also conceivably use Fowl's youth and occasion bouts of arrogance against him.

45 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Isn't Artemis a kid? I think snapping the heiress out of Stockholm syndrome might be a bit easier when she's told he's underage. chris remake GIF

That's ... actually a good point. At least the potentially romantic aspects of the syndrome may not hold for Artemis in that case. Holmes could very likely break the heiress further out of it from there.

4 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Tough one. 

Yeah, it mentions that Artemis is a schemer as if that's an advantage here. You know who else is a elite-level schemer?

Moriarty. 

I admittedly don't know a lot about Artemis Fowl, but even with all his fields of expertise, I'm willing to bet that Holmes is still intellectually on-par with him. Since Fowl is still just a teenager, Holmes would have more experience with using his own intellect. Holmes could also conceivably use Fowl's youth and occasion bouts of arrogance against him.

Dunno about all that

7 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Tough one. 

Moriarty. 

Again, as I always say, this depends on the version. The book version (arguably the best detective among the various Sherlock Holmes' for his comical levels of deduction that border on magical at times) isn't much of a schemer at all. He just has a lot of powerful people in his pocket and he's good at keeping their misdeeds out of the public's eye. But Holmes doesn't really "outwit" him like they're playing an intricate game of chess, again because book Moriarty isn't that great of a schemer. 

All that said though, Holmes probably wins this challenge for the aforementioned reasons