Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

9:3 - Metaluna Mutant (s) vs. Battle Droids

SEASON 9, ROUND 3

Metaluna Mutant (s)

Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Metaluna Mutant (s) at this Wiki
Official Site: Universal Pictures

Battle Droids

Slot: The Team's Cannon Fodder
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Battle Droids at this Wiki
Official Site: Lucas Arts

Battle Terrain
Cannon Fodder Challenge: King of the Hill

I don't know a lot about the mutants, but by looking at them the Battle Droids seem more impressive honestly. While they do generally suck, if they have weapons they'll have a massive advantage. If they don't, it's still metal beings against fleshy exo-skeleton ones, and very generally speaking I favor the robots there

Reading about the movie, it appears there was only one mutant in that movie. We don't really know how they act in a group, due to that. We can theorize as we do with everything else in a VS. battle, it's a bit too much of a stretch to say anything for sure. We at the very least know how the droids are in a group, we saw them in Attack of the Clones if I recall? I don't know. Metaluna is on Z451's team, and his points are always a joy to read so I'm hoping he can at least come in here and say something before my vote is swayed in any one direction.

On 5/8/2021 at 2:24 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

I don't know a lot about the mutants, but by looking at them the Battle Droids seem more impressive honestly. While they do generally suck, if they have weapons they'll have a massive advantage. If they don't, it's still metal beings against fleshy exo-skeleton ones, and very generally speaking I favor the robots there

True, however the droids have just as much a weakness in their durability as the Mutants do, in their capcacitor, which Clone Snipers often hit or aimed for to disable the Battle Droids, by cutting off their energy flow.

That being said, the Mutants weren't necessarily designed as soldiers or warriors by the Metalunan people, but for menial labor tasks, such as guarding hallways and blocking access to docked ships. Tasks such as these are similar to those assigned to Battle Droids, however the Mutants weren't given any weapons with which to do this, compared to Battle Droids, so that suggests to me that their physical attributes, claws and other aspects, are strong and sufficient enough to take on and take down whichever opponents they encounter, whether they be Metalunans or Humans, as the two are very similar in most aspects. The notion highlighted above is evident, as one of the Mutant was able to critical incapacitate and overpower Exeter using it's claw and its physical attributes to corner him into one of the walls, only stopped by Cal Meachum's intervention via striking its head/brain with something hard.

In terms of speed, the Mutants are often slow and lumbering, often preferring to corner their opponents by walls and the like and grapple them with their "arms", or strike them with their claws as mentioned before, you could outrun a Mutant if you had enough distance between you and it, but if they were too close to you, in say a narrow hallway, their grappling arms and claws could cause critical damage depending on where they strike at you. This means that the Battle Droids are invariably faster, however if we consider this KOH game to be played on an actual dirt pile, and uphill no less, the Droids will be impacted, speed wise any way, by the elements involved anyway.

Intelligence is a toss up, as Battle Droids, with the exception of 00M units, are notoriously stupid, and require outside input and commanders to lead them in battle, in order to tactical win against their opponents, while the Mutants aren't exactly much smarter as Exeter compares them to modern Earth's insects, but with moderately greater intelligence, so it is fair to say that neither side is exactly smarter than the other on their own.

Both lack high striking strength levels, or at least aren't shown to do much damage with their "fists", "hands", etc., as neither one could do what most street level superheroes could do in terms of raw damage output, hence their relatively equal in that.

Lifting strength is noted as pretty strong for B1's, on Vs Battles, as their placed at Peak Human, but that might be slightly dubious, while the Mutants isn't shown in particular, but can be implied to be pretty strong as well, at least enough to hold back average Metalunans and Humans in certain scenarios, and due to the fact that their "menial labor" tasks might lend opportunity for them to grow and develop more muscles and strength in comparison to Battle Droids which are fixed at the level they are programmed at.

All in all, this match would depend on several factors, as expected, but the most notable to me, are the terrain, as B1's aren't typically used in more rigid, rougher areas like dirt hills, making it harder to judge their traction on them, but likely slowing them down to probably a comparable level to the Mutants by all accounts, the armament, as whether or not the Droids have weapons with them, gives them a greater advantage over the Mutants, in spite of their accuracy with said weapons, and whether or not the Mutants ability to attack via grappling and or their claws would be enough and provide enough damage to the Droids to damage or incapacitate them in this fight, as the Droid's neck is another vulnerable part of them, that when twisted off would take down a Droid in question.

For me, I'd say that while it is pretty difficult to gauge the Mutant's attributes due to a lack of knowledge and rather limited showing from their source movie,  I haven't checked the book to see if they appear, I'm thinking that if both lacked weapons, and fought on even terms, they might be able to hold back the Droids using their strength, which overpowered Exeter briefly, to push the Droids back long enough to win the game, especially if the Mutants already had a king in place, as that would force the Droids into the Mutant's preferred style of offensive, with weapons, it is harder to judge, but it depends on which team has a king in place and where they are, from uphill, slightly easier for the B1s to counteract from a height, from downhill, much harder to shoot and would depend on other conditions, either way the Droids typically aren't regarded as good marksmen to begin with so they have that against them here.

In summary, the Mutants could overpower the Droids by overpowering them, as I wager that both combatants are similar enough in strength for the Mutants to be able to effect the Droids in such a way, but that would require the Droids to enter reachable range for them to do this, something that would likely only occur if the Droids weren't armed, as a blaster rifle would keep them relatively long range, so thus, in that instance the Mutants could potentially win here,

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Z451 said:

In summary, the Mutants could overpower the Droids by overpowering them, as I wager that both combatants are similar enough in strength for the Mutants to be able to effect the Droids in such a way, but that would require the Droids to enter reachable range for them to do this, something that would likely only occur if the Droids weren't armed, as a blaster rifle would keep them relatively long range, so thus, in that instance the Mutants could potentially win here,

Wow.  That was a solid and thorough analysis.  Thanks!

That said, it kind of led me to what I already suspected - slow and lumbering + claws could be at a disadvantage against ranged blasters.