Black Adam

Slot: The Team's DC Comics Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Black Adam at this Wiki
Official Site: D.C. Comics

Battle Terrain

I think Black Adam has this. While Cooler is listed at Solar System-level, all of his feats put him at large planet level as far as I can tell, and Black Adam is honestly possibly undersold. He routinely trades blows with the likes of Superman and Shazam when those two are going all out. They're both FTL, they're both at least somewhat comparable in strength, but Black Adam's magic and insane physical durability should put him over the edge

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I think Black Adam has this. While Cooler is listed at Solar System-level, all of his feats put him at large planet level as far as I can tell, and Black Adam is honestly possibly undersold. He routinely trades blows with the likes of Superman and Shazam when those two are going all out. They're both FTL, they're both at least somewhat comparable in strength, but Black Adam's magic and insane physical durability should put him over the edge

Can’t argue better here...

This match isn't as one-sided as it might seem, as although Vs. Battles has not really recorded or calculated it, Cooler has received his own Golden form in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, which was capable of one shotting a Berserk SSJ 2 Goku, post Top, which would put him quite a bit higher in that form than his original movie or his Meta-Cooler power ups would present. For my money, I would say based on that he would at least be in the 3A range, based on where Vs. Battles tends to place Goku in Dragon Ball Super, and perhaps based on Golden Frieza stats as well, from which that would put him a good bit above Black Adam now, based on what Vs. Battles tells us about the two. But, it depends on what level one believes is canon regarding Cooler, Dragon Ball Heroes and the like anyway.

All that being said, I don't think Cooler is as weak as people might think if we take into account his new feats from Dragon Ball Heroes Prison Planet Saga, as said feats seem to fall in line with a lot of Dragon Ball Super level power increases.

4 hours ago, Z451 said:

This match isn't as one-sided as it might seem, as although Vs. Battles has not really recorded or calculated it, Cooler has received his own Golden form in Super Dragon Ball Heroes, which was capable of one shotting a Berserk SSJ 2 Goku, post Top, which would put him quite a bit higher in that form than his original movie or his Meta-Cooler power ups would present. For my money, I would say based on that he would at least be in the 3A range, based on where Vs. Battles tends to place Goku in Dragon Ball Super, and perhaps based on Golden Frieza stats as well, from which that would put him a good bit above Black Adam now, based on what Vs. Battles tells us about the two. But, it depends on what level one believes is canon regarding Cooler, Dragon Ball Heroes and the like anyway.

All that being said, I don't think Cooler is as weak as people might think if we take into account his new feats from Dragon Ball Heroes Prison Planet Saga, as said feats seem to fall in line with a lot of Dragon Ball Super level power increases.

Nice pull from Dragon Ball Heroes. I do like that new gold form of his and he is pretty powerful in that series. If we're taking that show into consideration, I think it's a really close match.

I'll think I'll go and place my bets on Cooler

4 hours ago, Z451 said:

Is that show canon? I mean I guess Cooler himself isn't really canon. I'd never heard of DB Heroes before. I'll need to look into it

Golden Metal Cooler

88ae215f291735e8cd46d8fd1e890366.jpg

Black Adam is more or less invulnerable to physical damage and looks like he has a speed advantage. It took nearly the entire JSA and JLA just to defeat him when he’s fighting fully. His durability should outstrip Cooler and give an edge he needs to win. Adam is regularly able to be on the level of Superman, and is a very intelligent fighter and should be able to win.

The problem with Cooler is that in canon he is regarded as not quite on the level of Frieza, who is truly on Goku’s level. Black Adam meanwhile is widely established as being a true rival to Supes and Shazam, not just a tier or two below them. So in my opinion, I think Adam is a bit more equal to Supes then Cooler is to Goku.

Hadn't it been established that the magic that grants Adam his powers basically render him immune to physical damage? If that's the case, I don't know how much of a chance Cooler stands here.

57 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Hadn't it been established that the magic that grants Adam his powers basically render him immune to physical damage? If that's the case, I don't know how much of a chance Cooler stands here.

This was always my understanding with how BA works. It’s a big reason why it usually takes a team of heroes to even match him.