Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Viper at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: Murder at the dinner party

14 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

No idea who he is but Viper could get away with a dinner murder. 

Yeah, but could she get away with a dinner murder where HE is present? That's the question here. I've only seen one Judge Dee movie (Young Detective Dee: Rise of the Sea Dragon ), but if I recall correctly in that movie he does have some experience with sedatives and poison which shows that he's acquainted poisons and knows to look into that, if Viper were to use her poison tipped nails.

I gotta say. I love this matchup. Viper is well trained in espionage, is well trained in combat and has plenty of ways to kill subtlety. Yet Dee is versed enough in all of that in order to make this interesting, perhaps in a way no other fictional detective would be. I think this could go either way and I would love to see how this plays out.

Depending on the conditions of how Viper does it, I can see Dee potentially tracking her down and finding her culpable here, as her finger nail poisons would likely live an impression on the body wherever they contacted, and with which it is fairly easy to determine, once the toxins are determined, whose fingers they came from based on that idea alone, as Dee could potentially test each person's fingernails in order to determine Viper as a culprit here. Utilizing the knowledge of what he knows of poisons and toxins, and based on his pharmaceutical knowledge of various concoctions, I can see Dee being able to go down that path pretty well, especially if he's capable of performing a decent autopsy, in 18th century China, I don't know if that was common place yet.

Dee also has some supernatural liaisons in the supernatural world, that he uses occasionally, that might help him here such as his spirit mediums, who can assist him by using something related to the victim in their final moments, or his divination sticks which he uses when combined with a prayer, to ask the deceased to grant him insight into what happened to them when they died. Both offer ways of retrieving additional information in certain cases, that require a bit more of the Judge than simple deductive reasoning would provide him with.