Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

9:1 - Nightwing vs. Professor Moriarty

SEASON 9, ROUND 1

Nightwing

Slot: The Team's Master Detective
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Nightwing at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Professor Moriarty

Slot: The Team's Master Criminal
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Professor Moriarty at this Wiki
Official Site: Arthur Conan Doyle

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: Clean Up the Trial

I've never thought of Nightwing as the best detective out there. He's good, but he's pretty clearly outranked by Batman, Tim, even arguably Damien. However, Moriarty is such a vague character. Which continuity is it? From what I understand from the original books, he only appears twice and is a criminal mastermind who protects other criminals in exchange of their loyalty, which means this category very much favors him. I'm not 100% sure that Nightwing could expose him

How do you root out corruption in the justice system and identify the witnesses and jurors that are either on the take or intimidated by a criminal mastermind like Moriarty?

Elliot Ness managed it in the Al Capone trial, but he was on the Inside of the Justice System and had a team of experts working it from different angles.  See the Kevin Costner film The Untouchables.

I don't see Nightwing pulling it off - this isn't really his beat.  Oh sure, he might turn over a couple rocks and expose some bugs, but he's not getting all of it.

This might just be an amazing pull for Moriarty, as Peypeypey noted, he constantly helps out people that are corrupted in their own right. Unless Nightwing threatens to beat up the people that are working with or for Moriarty, I don't see him winning this challenge.

I don't think it matters which version of Moriarty this is, they're all depicted as master criminals able to challenge Sherlock Holmes mentally. This is Moriarty's whole modus operandi, he's got this. 

1 hour ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Moriarty is a mental match for Holmes, who I think is a far better detective than Nightwing.

Again, this really depends on the continuity. Book Moriarty gets exposed by Holmes and they end up falling off a roof to their apparent deaths together. While he does have an intricate web of people under him, he's not really any more of a criminal mastermind than, say, the Penguin or the Kingpin, who Nightwing could figure out. Nightwing also has vastly more resources than Holmes ever really did. Going by the primary book continuity, I don't even know that it's fair to say that Moriarty is Holmes' intellectual equal, considering the inherent advantage he has in their encounters