Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 16280 The Runaways vs. Cybermen

Movie-Brat

Molly Hayes had been given permission to use the bathroom. She regretted drinking that one strawberry flavored soda can earlier in its entirety before entering the school. She could lift cars, the strongest people or even buildings but a full bladder was far beyond her capabilities. 

But nevertheless, she felt relief afterwards after stepping into the girls room, washed her hands even. Like any kid though, she would just make the same mistake anyway without a care in the world. 

"Maybe I'll just drink the orange one instead!" Molly said with a carefree smile. 

As she made her back to class however, she noticed a few school faculty members walking past her. To her, they looked like zombies. Molly noticed that they were acting weird today as their faces looked like they were zombies and curiously, every faculty member from the teachers to even lunch ladies had these weird looking ear pods that glowed blue. 

Molly waited until they could no longer see her so she can stealthily follow them. 

As she followed them discreetly, she ducked behind a wall and only glanced a peak from there. She noticed the faculty members entered a gym. 

'That's weird!' She thought. The principal announced the school gym was closed for the day. 

As the last faculty member went inside, quickly but quietly, Molly bent down and quietly opened the door slightly. So her eyes could see what was going on and even hear but not too out in the open so that they could see her. But to her shock however, she found something else. 

She could see despite barely a dozen computers and chambers have overtaken the gym, turning it unrecognizable. Even technogical surgical tools. But most of all, there were struggling students and teachers being held captive and the most curious, what looked like robots stomping around. All of them encased in steel, black holes as their eyes, handlebars as their decorative head pieces and a C symbol on their chest. All looking they came straight out of a Sci-Fi show Alex would watch. 

Curiously, who Molly deemed to be the leader, had a face all black and its forehead exposing a human brain much to her disgust. 

"Our Cybermen numbers have begun growing once more." One spoke with a digitized emotionless voice, as it spoke to the leader. 

"Good." The leading Cybermen said. "Our last encounter with the Doctor was a setback but now, we can start over." 

"Has the growth hormone formula been perfected yet?" It added. 

"We are testing it now." The Cyberman said. "It will be as promised to accelerate the growth of the adolescents to qualify for upgrading."

Molly closed the door with a panicked look on her face. Despite her strength, she can't take on the Cybermen alone. She realized she was going to need help, big time. Frantically, she texted all the other members of the Runaways; Nico, Karolina, Gert and Chase. And hopefully Gib, Victor and even the Doombot will come to her aid. Maybe even Old Lace can stand a chance. 

Help! Come to school! Big trouble involving robots and kidnapping people! Send help! Not making this up! Meet me at the gym! 

Molly pressed send as soon as she managed to get the phone numbers. Just as she did, Molly emitted the sound of a large burp involuntarily. She closed her mouth in a panic. Her eyes darted back and forth hoping they did not hear anything. 

Her fears came to light however as soon as she heard not just the sound of the gym doors being violently swing open but the sound of loud stomping metallic feet. 

To her horror, Molly came face to face with one of the Cybermen. 

"Intruder alert!" It said as it loomed over her menacingly. 

----------

"What do you think of this?" Karolina asked as she sported a sleeveless white dress, exiting a dressing room inside a mall. 

"Great!" Nico replied with a smile. 

"We've been at this for ten minutes!" Karolina laughed. "Are you even going to help me pick one?" 

"You're always going to look great no matter what!" Nico said as the two embraced each other lovingly. 

Their intimate moment however was interrupted by the sound of their phones buzzing. 

"Excuse me!" They both said in unison as they checked their phones. 

To their surprise, they did not only get the same text message from Molly but similar puzzled reactions. 

---------

Gert, bored in the hostel, was reading a book Victor Von Doombot lent her entitled The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov. Just as she heard her phone buzzing. Checking the text message and then the book much to her shock based on the contents. 

"I'm killing that Doombot!" Gert said before shouting, "Chase!"

--------

Two Cybermen held Molly by her arms as they approached the leader. 

"You are Molly Hayes, correct?" The Cybermen leader asked. 

Molly nodded in response. 

"Your file mentions super strength." The Cybermen leader droned on. "Therefore you are not qualified for upgrading. All humans with abnormalities shall be deleted."

"You can't do that!" Molly shouted, horrified at the words being said by the Cybermen said. 

"Humans otherwise will be upgraded." The Cybermen leader continued on. "They will be free of emotions, pain, free thought. They will become us." 

"Sounds like the ideal candidate to join the GOP!"

To her delight, Molly recognized that voice belonged to Gert. The Cybermen turned to see the rest of the Runaways in the school gym. Nico, Karolina, Gert, Old Lace, Chase, even Victor, Gib and Victor Von Doombot. The students and the teachers not under mind control screamed, even begged for help. 

Molly then managed to slyly escape the grip of the Cybermen to join her friends to fight against their enemies. 

"All humans with abnormalities and waist imperfections will be deleted." The Cybermen leader said. 

"Some of us aren't human!" Karolina retorted. 

"And I am not going to be fat shamed by a robot!" Gert snarled. 

"We are Cybermen." The Cybermen leader continued. "Our numbers are growing, the humans will become us and you will not stop us!" 

"Wanna bet?" Nico exclaimed as she held the Staff of One. 

"Delete!" The Cybermen repeated as they fired their weapons. 

"Scatter!" Nico shouted as the rest of them began to fight the Cybermen as they charged. 

---------

First of all, the line up for the Runaways is based on the current run by Rainbow Rowell that has been publishing since 2017 so, Gert is alive, Victor is only a head on a roomba and he knows the rogue Doombot since Avengers A.I. Oh and Nico and Karolina are a couple now. And everyone is at full strength. 

The Cybermen are the Cybus industries version seen in the RTD era of Doctor Who. They're also at full power and the number let's put it at 50 just to make things even.  

I would say the Runaways probably got this... I mean if they've fought Sentinels, and this is under the assumption that they have along with whatever super powered threats they have come across, then the Cybermen shouldn't really be too much of an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

I would say the Runaways probably got this... I mean if they've fought Sentinels, and this is under the assumption that they have along with whatever super powered threats they have come across, then the Cybermen shouldn't really be too much of an issue.

Oh they survived a lot of superpowered threats, demons too I think.

Good set-up and story, Movie-Brat. :) 

You seem to have the characters down pretty well. The Runaways should win this, though. As mentioned, they've taken on bigger threats.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Good set-up and story, Movie-Brat. :) 

You seem to have the characters down pretty well. The Runaways should win this, though. As mentioned, they've taken on bigger threats.

Thank you! I always hope I get a lot of characters right when writing. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.20 - DSkillz
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.20 Total Combined Score
13.20 / 3 = 4.40 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
The Runaways: 5
Cybermen: 1