MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 3
The Xenomorph Queen: 2

Match 16275 Alex (Street Fighter) vs. Zasalamel

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXVIII

Brucei.jpg.cb9cfa04721063c069e30f00457882c0.jpg

Bruce Irvin stood victorious over his arrogant opponent, Adon, and lifted his arm triumphantly. (REF: ADON VS. BRUCE IRVIN)  A large Muay Thai trophy was brought to him by one of the officials of the tournament. Bruce grabbed the trophy with both hands and lifted it over his head. The other Muay Thai fighters, including Joe Higashi, Brad Burns, and Hwa Jia, clapped respectfully for Bruce’s victory.

Bruce was filled with mixed emotions. He was proud of his tournament wins  (REF: BRAD BURNS VS, BRUCE IRVIN) , and the trophy was a testament to his hard work and dedication to the craft. Yet, it also felt a little hollow since he was not afforded the opportunity to test his abilities against the mighty Sagat.

Joe Higashi was the first to approach Bruce and congratulate him formally.

“I was rooting for you in the finals,” stated Joe. “Mostly so that Adon would lose,  (REF: JOE HIGASHI VS. ADON)  but congratulations all the same. Just know that I am going to be training even harder now and I’m coming for that trophy.”

“Where is Sagat?” asked Bruce.

“Brad and I took him to a clinic a few blocks down. Did you want to see him?”

Bruce nodded. Joe and Brad then lead Bruce to the facility where they had brought Sagat and bid him farewell. Bruce stepped in Sagat’s room and was pleased to see the bald bruiser sitting straight up on his bed.

“You look much better than you did even an hour ago,” Bruce remarked.

Sagat ran his hand over a bandage on his chest and smirked. “It takes a lot more than a scythe to keep me down.” His eye then traveled over to the trophy in Bruce’s hand. “So it would appear that you were the winner.”

“I beat Adon in the finals,” Bruce confirmed.

Sagat belted out his trademark laugh. “Excellent. Congratulations. Of course you understand that you may have been crowned the top Muay Thai fighter in the world, but you can’t consider yourself the God of Muay Thai until you take me on.”

“I was looking forward to it. It would not be fair now given your current condition,” said Bruce.

“Our destined battle will have to be put on hold for a little while then,”  replied Sagat.

“I want to go after the man who attacked you.  (REF: ZASALAMEL VS. SAGAT)  I want to teach him a lesson for messing up our tournament,” Bruce declared.

“How do you plan on doing that?” Sagat wondered.

“I have a friend who has an endless supply of resources. Rest assured, we will track him down,” Bruce promised. “I just wanted you to know that.”

Bruce turned to leave Sagat’s room.

Sagat called out after him. “If you do find him, would you grant me one small favor? Leave some for me. I want another crack at him.”

“Will do,” Bruce replied.

“One more thing.” Sagat’s voice lowered. “I watched your fights in the tournament closely, Bruce. I can see the pent up rage you fight with and I am aware of the stories about you. I also know exactly who your friend is. I want you to ask yourself what your goals are in this life. Speaking as a man with the experience of working for a shady organization because of the misguided belief they could help me accomplish my goals, I am here to tell you that it never works out the way you hope it will.”

“I am not trying to use Kazuya for anything. He is my friend, my only friend,” Bruce insisted.

Bruce left Sagat alone  without another word. Once he exited the facility, A G Corporation helicopter was already waiting for him, much to his surprise. Two G Corporation soldiers stood outside the chopper and they immediately greeted Bruce.

“I know you were having your fun out here with your martial arts tournament, but the boss says he needs you to come back, now. Things are getting intense and it's all hands on deck.”

“Kazuya needs his heavy hitters.”

“I get it, I get it.” said Bruce. “I was just about to head back anyway. The tournament is over.”

The other G Corporation soldier took notice of the object in Bruce’s left hand, the crowning jewel of all his hard work and skill. “Cute trophy.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zas2.jpg.9e0a1063aea93a4ab02f0cb53f807a72.jpg

A mysterious portal formed on a field outside of New York City, out of the portal emerged the enigmatic Zasalamel. Fresh off his defeat of the fighter, Sagat, Zasalamel felt confident in the power and abilities of his current reincarnation to get the job done. However, if he were to be successful in securing Soul Edge to end his seemingly never ending lives, he would first have to take out those who had stopped him in the past. First on his list of targets was the greek war hero, Sophitia Alexandra.  Zasalamel also wanted to dispatch  of Sophitia's sister, Cassandra (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA), as well, if the opportunity presented itself.

Zasalamel figured he would have the element of surprise on his side, but his fortune was even better than he had hoped. Zasalamel looked on with curiosity and great excitement at Sophitia already engaged in combat several yards away with another blonde female sword wielder.  (REF: SOPHITIA ALEXANDRA VS. CHARLOTTE)  She was vulnerable to a surprise attack and Zasalamel would be able to eliminate one of this hardest obstacles with perhaps minimal effort. He stalked toward them.

Adjacent to Zasalamel stood the street fighter, Alex. The sound of clashing steel had brought him out of Vanessa Lewis’s tent where he was tending to his recovering friend. (REF: KOLIN VS. MATURE)  He marveled at the dedication of Sophitia and Charlotte to be training in the dead of night. At least, he assumed they were training. Although it was clear that both women were going all out there didn’t appear to be any malice or ill intent in either of their techniques. 

Alex’s eyes darted to the left as he clocked a white cloaked individual heading directly toward Sophitia. Alex did not  recognize the man as anyone he had come across since first meeting Sophitia. His suspicions of the mysterious figure grew once he noticed the man’s scythe shining in the moonlight as he crept toward Sophitia. 

Alex did his best to catch this new interloper by surprise, but Alex was never a ninja. He took a handful of steps before the white cloaked man twirled around to confront him. Alex now stared directly into the death scythe, but he was not deterred,

“Whoever you are, I get the feeling you aren’t welcome here,” Alex said sternly.

“You dare to test fate against me, mortal,” Zasalamel retorted.

“I’m a believer in making my own fate,” Alex countered. He lifted his hands in the air and stepped into his fighting stance.

“What is this woman to you that you would so willingly forfeit your own life?” Zasalamel wondered.

“She was kind and she helped my friend. That is all the reason I need,” Alex explained. “And I don’t plan on forfeiting anything.”

“You intend to fight me with no weapon, bare handed, and still believe that you have a chance at victory?” Zasalamel inquired.

“I am a confident guy. Although, if you really wanted to prove how strong you are, you could drop your scythe and we can settle this like real men,” Alex challenged.

Zasalamel chuckled. “What an absurd notion, that I should disregard my weapon of choice just because you are foolish enough to fight without one.”

“Enough talk!” shouted Alex. “I have fought and defeated many monsters in my life with just these two hands. We will find out who is foolish.”

On 4/22/2021 at 11:47 PM, Pizzaguy2995 said:

It might be a little late to ask but just to make certain are we including IDM comics or animated series/movie feats for the SF guys? Or is it strictly video game feats? I don’t want to be called out for giving wrong information again.

Personally I'm ok with extracting whatever you can from whatever version of the character you can for this arc. There are so Manny characters and only so much info you can extract from the games themselves. 

11 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Personally I'm ok with extracting whatever you can from whatever version of the character you can for this arc. There are so Manny characters and only so much info you can extract from the games themselves. 

Well in that case my vote is for Alex. As was told in the UDON comics and hinted at in Street Fighter 3: New Generation, Alex is actually a product of the same Illuminati breeding program as Gill and Urien, and as such should actually be considered a super soldier fighter on par with Gill, Evil Ryu, and Bison! Remember, he did manage to beat Gill in New Generation (though he didn’t kill him) and he did fight pretty evenly with prime Ryu in 3rd Strike, so in my mind Alex is probably on course to succeed Ryu as the strongest Street Fighter character. 

Easily Zasalamel.

He came from an era where fights were considered a do or die situation and the fact that he retains his memories after death and rebirth, offer him battle experience that Alex doesn't have.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.50 Total Combined Score
9.50 / 2 = 4.75 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Alex (Street Fighter): 1
Zasalamel: 3