Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Invisible Boatmobile at this Wiki
Official Site: Nickelodeon

Battle Terrain
Auto Show Challenge: Win the Car Show

9 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Both are pretty cool, but I say the Mach-5 has that concept race-car aspect that the folks who go to auto shows are really going to like.

I don't agree actually. Nothing could possibly beat the novelty or the spectacle of a genuine invisible car

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I don't agree actually. Nothing could possibly beat the novelty or the spectacle of a genuine invisible car

It does have that one, very cool trick. But the Mach Five has a multitude of cool things going for it.

As an individual trick, the novelty of going invisible is better than any individual piece of the Mach Five. But the sum is greater than its parts, and the Mach Five has enough going for it to draw the crowd's love.

I seem to recall invisible cars are something that are a common want for kids, so if these people still have their young selves in tact, they might find the novelty of seeing one in real life finally a nice, fun time. The Mach Five is recognizable, sure, but the Invisible Boatmobile doesn't need to be recognizable. It's just a cool, invisible car.

3 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

It does have that one, very cool trick. But the Mach Five has a multitude of cool things going for it.

As an individual trick, the novelty of going invisible is better than any individual piece of the Mach Five. But the sum is greater than its parts, and the Mach Five has enough going for it to draw the crowd's love.

I completely disagree. You're not just talking about a neat trick, you're talking about a completely invisible car. Something that humans have been fantasizing about for decades, maybe centuries, is not only finally a reality, but the thing that is invisible is the thing that everyone at that show is specifically there because they're enthusiasts about. It would be the talk of the show 100%

Just now, Macklemore said:

I seem to recall invisible cars are something that are a common want for kids, so if these people still have their young selves in tact, they might find the novelty of seeing one in real life finally a nice, fun time. The Mach Five is recognizable, sure, but the Invisible Boatmobile doesn't need to be recognizable. It's just a cool, invisible car.

Kids also want cars with periscopes, robots, and saws that sprout out from the car. The Mach Five has all of that. Not to mention it can go really fucking fast.

Just now, Bergy_Berg said:

Kids also want cars with periscopes, robots, and saws that sprout out from the car. The Mach Five has all of that. Not to mention it can go really fucking fast.

True, but they pose a risk. One mistake and there go a bunch of people who were unfortunately in the way of a car. There's no things that can go haywire with a car that merely turns invisible.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

True, but they pose a risk. One mistake and there go a bunch of people who were unfortunately in the way of a car. There's no things that can go haywire with a car that merely turns invisible.

Other than the inherent crash risk of a car you can't see.

3 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

We have periscopes IRL. We have many kinds of robots IRL. Saws would probably take points away in an auto show, honestly. But invisible? We have nothing invisible IRL. Nothing even close to what the Boatmobile can do. Also, the Boatmobile has more tricks than just going invisible. It's tail pipe seems like a genuine rocket, and it has an origami button. The IBM is way more novel and interesting than the Mach Five. 

2 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

We have periscopes IRL. We have many kinds of robots IRL. Saws would probably take points away in an auto show, honestly. But invisible? We have nothing invisible IRL. Nothing even close to what the Boatmobile can do. Also, the Boatmobile has more tricks than just going invisible. It's tail pipe seems like a genuine rocket, and it has an origami button. The IBM is way more novel and interesting than the Mach Five. 

Yeah but the Mach Five is on my team so it's gonna win anyway.

Heh, the Boatmobile actually has a decent shot here. I was never sure about a race, because we can't be sure what size the Boatmobile would be on the surface world.

But an auto show? This could be interesting.

6 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Honestly as much as I like the Mach 5, I would probably much rather see an invisible car and get inside of it. That would be neat as hell.

Imagine the selfies!

I was pretty sure Mach V would win this competition until I got down to the comments. I think it really depends on personal preference. The boatmobile does have a really cool ability, being invisible, but this seems like something everyone would appreciate simply because of the novelty of it. But is it a car feature? Like does it do anything for the vehicle itself? I would imagine car enthusiasts want to see motors, engines, gears, etc. Isn't that why most car shows have the hoods popped up?

I think the Mach V would win on a car to car comparison, so it really just depends how impressive the invisible part is. 

6 hours ago, Marvel Man said:

I was pretty sure Mach V would win this competition until I got down to the comments. I think it really depends on personal preference. The boatmobile does have a really cool ability, being invisible, but this seems like something everyone would appreciate simply because of the novelty of it. But is it a car feature? Like does it do anything for the vehicle itself? I would imagine car enthusiasts want to see motors, engines, gears, etc. Isn't that why most car shows have the hoods popped up?

I think the Mach V would win on a car to car comparison, so it really just depends how impressive the invisible part is. 

I agree that that's generally what does well at car shows, but the IBM would impress and captive even the snootiest of car aficionados. Imagine if something in your hobby was at a show for said hobby and was an absolute breakthrough in the advancement of science