Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 16193 Supergirl vs. Superwoman

Pizzaguy2995

Brave New World PT 2 

Centennial Park, Metropolis 

The sun had just peaked over the horizon of the park today, giving some warmth to an otherwise chilly autumn day. Most Metropolis citizens would have worn some longer sleeved clothing to better warm themselves during their early morning walk through Centennial, but the blonde haired woman did not appear to mind the cold very much. Following her usual route through the park, the woman found herself walking towards Centennial’s most famous landmark, one that the woman had made frequent visits to over the years.

The Heroes of the Apokolips War Memorial was a site dedicated to the heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice in order defeat Darkseid and his army of Parademons, Female Furies, and other dark forces the fiery planet of Apokolips could produce. The women silently passed by the various statues and monuments of various sets of heroes, both civilian and super powered. Her heart ached in her chest as she read the ones belonging to very old friends of hers: The Martian Manhunter- J’onn J’onzz, Green Arrow- Oliver Queen, Black Canary- Dinah Lance, Black Lightning- Jefferson Davis, The Flash- Barry Allen, and Aquaman- King Arthur Curry. One monument stood out above all the others though, and not just because it was the biggest either. It belonged to the hero who stood out even amongst his fellow Leaguers, a hero whose strength and compassion have inspired millions of people during his time and will no doubt continue to inspire people long after:

Superman- The greatest hero the world has ever seen. The Man of Steel meet the alien tyrant Darkseid in single combat during the waning days of the war. The ensuring battle leveled the surrounding area and lasted several hours but in the end Superman ended the genocidal warlords plans for conquest once and for all, but at the cost of his own life. Superman, civilian alias Clark Kent, survives through his wife Lois Lane-Kent, his son Jon Kent, and his protégés Supergirl and Superboy. May he rest in eternal peace.

“Hey Kal. Sorry I couldn’t make it last week, was resting up from a fight with yet another incarnation of the Injustice Gang. Luckily for me Conner lead Young Justice to back me up. You would have been proud to see Conner so grown up Kal, and little Jon too! He just turned 11 years old this month and Aunt Martha says he reminds her so much of you!”

Seeing no response from the cold, lifeless statue that bore her cousins likeness, Kara Zor-El sighed sadly. She laid her offering of flowers near the base of the statue, the monument had far too many other decorations for her to place it any closer.

“I should have saved you. If I could have just gotten to you faster you’d still be alive, with your wife and son. Maybe Darkseid would have killed me, but I wouldn’t care,” Kara sniffed as she felt herself start to cry. “Why couldn’t I have saved you? Why couldn’t I have kept my promise to Mom and Uncle Jor-El? Why?”

“Kara?” 

Kara quickly wiped away her tears as she heard her other cousin approach. Making herself appear as presentable as possible, she turned to the other Kryptonian as nonchalantly as possible.

“I didn’t think think you’d have time to come by today Kon. Isn’t the exhibition match with the Titans today?” 

“Not until a couple of hours, figured I’d have plenty of time,” Conner ‘Kon-El’ Kent nodded in greeting to his cousin. The two Kryptonians silently stood in front of their former mentors monument for a few awkward moments. “It wasn’t your fault Kara. You did everything you could to help him, we all did.”

“Didn’t I tell you to stop eavesdropping on me?” 

“You might’ve, I wasn’t really listening,” Conner smiled mischievously. “Seriously though, you know Clark wouldn’t have wanted you to die on his account. Your his living legacy Kara and I think more then anything he wanted to see you succeed him as Metropolis’ protector.”

“Kon... Thank you.” 

The two Kryptonians shared a warm smile and a quick embrace.

“Your coming to the exhibition match right? If we’re going to whip the Titans on their home field we’ll need all our fans to show up,” Conner asked as the two flew out of the park. 

“I dunno, Cassie’s coaching the Titans this year right? Maybe I’ll cheer for them instead,” Kara smirked at Conner’s shocked reaction.

“Traitor! How could you root against your own cousin?” Conner pouted at her.

“Cause I like her more then you,” Kara teased him.

The Kryptonians suddenly paused themselves in midair. In near unison the two tilted their heads to the side, super hearing picking up troubling noises nearby.

“New Troy’s S.T.A.R. Labs base. Someone’s breaking into it,” Said Superboy.

“Their in the weapons storage section. We gotta stop them!” Supergirl and her cousin zipped toward the facility at mach speed.

The two had barely made it to the base, which certainly looked like someone had performed a one man assault on it, when a bright yellow blur zoomed past them at high speed. 

“Fuck! It’s Johnny Quick! Whoever’s breaking in must be after the trans-dimensional device!” Superboy exclaimed.

“You go after Johnny Quick! I’ll secure the device!” Supergirl ordered.

“But Supergirl-“ The Boy of Steel began.

“Superboy go! Now!” Supergirl’s tone left no room for argument.

Superboy gave chase to the anti-Flash, while Supergirl entered the wrecked S.T.A.R laboratory.  After helping several injured scientists and workers outside the facility, Supergirl found herself close to the weapons storage section. Hearing movement from the other side of the wall, Supergirl used her x-ray vision to see into the room, wanting to know whether the other members of the Crime Syndicate had escaped from the limbo dimension the league had kept them imprisoned in.

Oh Rao. The Syndicate was out, but not in the manner she had thought. Ultraman, the anti-Superman, was lying dead on the ground. His head has been twisted around until it faced the opposite side of the rest of his body. Power Ring, the anti-Green Lantern, likewise laid dead not far from Ultraman’s body. His own body had been folded in half by the midsection; his arms and legs were tangled and his hip was jutting out from the rest of his body, like someone had broken him over their knee and didn’t stop. The disturbing manners of death almost made Supergirl puke.

On the other side of the room the anti versions of Batman and Wonder Women, Owlman and Superwoman, were still alive but currently being backed into a corner by who Supergirl believed to be the one who broke into the facility. He was a tall, physically built specimen but his skin color was very pale, almost sickly looking. Also of note was his long and very unkept jet black hair that looked like it hadn’t seen a comb in it’s lifetime. Supergirl didn’t know who this was, but if he was strong enough to kill Ultraman and Power Ring singlehandedly, she knew she’d have to be careful.

“So what’ll it be Owlman? You can be apart of our Brave New World, or you can refuse me and suffer the same fate as your allies. Choose wisely,” the unknown man threatened Owlman.

“An interesting proposition. Very well, I’ll join you,” Owlman agreed.

“What about me? Do I have a place in your new world order?” Superwoman asked.

“Haven’t decided yet. Owlman’s intelligence makes him valuable to our plans, but you? You haven’t exactly proven your worth to us,” The pale man harshly put it.

“Who the hell do you think your talking to!? I was a ruler! A conquer back on my Earth!” The anti-Wonder Woman shouted in outrage.

“And on this Earth you were a prisoner, twice bested by your doppelgänger, even the one called Black Canary managed to defeat you. Fortunately for you, your chance to prove yourself has just arrived,” The unknown man turned his head and to Supergirl’s shock looked right at her through the wall that separated them. “Kara Zor-El. Won’t you join us Kara?” 

Shit. Pushing down her fears, Supergirl broke through the wall and faced the three villains with a fierce glare.

“If you know who I am, then you know that you aren’t leaving here without a fight!”

“I’m counting on that Kara,” the pale villain turned to regard Superwomen. “Defeat her and you will have proven yourself worthy to join us. Fail, and your future is forfeit.”

“That’s fine by me,” Superwoman quickly tackled Supergirl through several walls, grabbing her by the throat to choke her. “Nothing personal kid, this is just business.”

Eyes turning bright red, Supergirl blasted the Crime Syndicate warlord off of her.

“Nothing personal, but your not taking me down so easily!”

This is a mostly composite version of both Supergirl and Superwoman. Part 2 of my Brave New World story arc. Which super being takes this match? 

Very good story here, Pizzaguy. Sorry I've been missing commenting, voting, and rating on a good deal of your matches so far. You're calling this part 2 of a Brave New World Arc, though, so what was part 1, that Grayson/Joker match I saw posted the other day?

You seem to have the characters' personas down pretty well. As for the match, I'm pretty torn here. Both have very similar powersets. Superwoman has more fighting skill and experience than Supergirl, but while she's had a habit of losing to her equally-skilled heroic counterpart, Supergirl's had a fair habit of beating stronger opponents (though Diana herself usually beats Kara head-to-head). 

Could go either way here.

14 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Very good story here, Pizzaguy. Sorry I've been missing commenting, voting, and rating on a good deal of your matches so far. You're calling this part 2 of a Brave New World Arc, though, so what was part 1, that Grayson/Joker match I saw posted the other day?

You seem to have the characters' personas down pretty well. As for the match, I'm pretty torn here. Both have very similar powersets. Superwoman has more fighting skill and experience than Supergirl, but while she's had a habit of losing to her equally-skilled heroic counterpart, Supergirl's had a fair habit of beating stronger opponents (though Diana herself usually beats Kara head-to-head). 

Could go either way here.

That’s right, Grayson vs Joker was the first part of the Brave New World Arc. Sorry I didn’t make that clear. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.60 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.60 Total Combined Score
14.60 / 3 = 4.87 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Supergirl: 5
Superwoman: 1

On 4/11/2021 at 1:15 PM, Callisto said:

MATCH SCORE
Supergirl: 5
Superwoman: 1

Well, after doing some more research, this final score may actually be accurate. Supergirl apparently curb-stomped Superwoman when they fought. Between that and the facts that the original Black Canary beat her once and Wonder Woman defeats her regularly, it really makes one question why Superwoman's considered WW's counterpart.