Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

8:8 - Mystique vs. Sarlacc

SEASON 8, ROUND 8

Mystique

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Superhuman (Lowest Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Mystique at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment

Sarlacc

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Superhuman (Lowest Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sarlacc at this Wiki
Official Site: LucasFilm

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Pandora Daytime

33 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Going by the logic that the Punisher didn't beat the Sarlacc in an open pit with far more firepower, Mystique has no way to win

This was going to be my, rather salty, comment.

2 hours ago, Fox said:

Mystique shape-shifts into a form which doesn't aggro the Sarlaac and woo's it with her charms.

Then, she poisons it.

What exactly would "Woo" a Sarlacc? Another Sarlacc? She can't really shapeshift into that, it kinda requires creating mass out of nowhere for herself. Unless her powers changed over time, that is.

4 hours ago, Magnamax said:

In all honesty, the Sarlacc should be undone by the environment. If it’s used to a desert climate, I imagine it would be tough for it to survive in Avatar Tree World.

Jabba's Sarlacc perhaps, but other Sarlaccs exist on planets like Felucia which are somewhat similar to Pandora, not that it matters much.

16 hours ago, Z451 said:

Jabba's Sarlacc perhaps, but other Sarlaccs exist on planets like Felucia which are somewhat similar to Pandora, not that it matters much.

This was my logic. A Sarlacc on Pandora would probably be massive and make it extremely difficult to escape it. Honestly I don't like Mystique's odds.

59 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

This was my logic. A Sarlacc on Pandora would probably be massive and make it extremely difficult to escape it. Honestly I don't like Mystique's odds.

Again, I don't like that the Sarlacc is given automatic champion's advantage here. It definitely wouldn't win because Mystique is smart and skilled enough to survive on Pandora basically indefinitely and the Sarlacc would never lay a "finger" on her. In this specific scenario, Mystique would run out of air first I guess, unless that breathing apparatus is more like a filter than an air tank, I don't really remember. If it is like an indefinite filter, then Mystique would probably die of old age first, but I don't really consider that a win for the Sarlacc because it never fought and could never land a hit

I feel like folks are not giving Mystique's power set their full credit.

• Regenerative healing. Can regrow limbs and avoid fatal injuries.  She can take several bullets.
  • Shapeshifting allows her everything from night vision to poison resistance
  • Mass-Manipulation - her size shrinks or grows depending on what she is mimicking
  • Use functional wings, gills and tentacles
  • Mimicry so perfect it extends to language. Multi-mult-lingual.

The terrain is not any issue for her. 

She could perfectly mimic Pandora's native species, the Na'Vi and probably convince them to kill the Sarlaac for her.  After all, the Sarlaac is an invasive species.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, SSJRuss said:

On 4/4/2021 at 10:46 PM, Z451 said:

They may be, but I imagine the Sarlacc is going to need like a bubble around it for it to survive in these conditions. I don’t understand the idea that a Sarlacc would be that massive. Is there evidence that they grow that big? I also just think the idea of a Sarlacc winning this is silly. Mystique would need to trip and fall in for it have a win condition. 

I think it’s far more likely that mystique could dislodge whatever is giving the Sarlacc fresh air and it dies. Or she shoots it until it dies. Or she fashions sharp sticks and tosses them at the Sarlacc until it dies. Or she finds something toxic on the planet and tosses it in for the Sarlacc to eat.

3 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

They may be, but I imagine the Sarlacc is going to need like a bubble around it for it to survive in these conditions. I don’t understand the idea that a Sarlacc would be that massive. Is there evidence that they grow that big? I also just think the idea of a Sarlacc winning this is silly. Mystique would need to trip and fall in for it have a win condition. 

I think it’s far more likely that mystique could dislodge whatever is giving the Sarlacc fresh air and it dies. Or she shoots it until it dies. Or she fashions sharp sticks and tosses them at the Sarlacc until it dies. Or she finds something toxic on the planet and tosses it in for the Sarlacc to eat.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_Abyss

Here's some info on the largest Sarlacc specimen.

9 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Hmm, can the Sarlacc be poisoned? She could just toss random things in there until something kills it

13 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient

14 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Hmm, can the Sarlacc be poisoned? She could just toss random things in there until something kills it

_Abyss

Here's some info on the largest Sarlacc specimen.

Via Reddit:

One of the main characters from The Old Republic killed a Sarlacc on Tatooine (not the Sarlacc, though) by chucking a poison grenade down its gullet, though this may have been to kill the people inside it instead (it's been a while since I played that daily mission).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magnamax said:

Via Reddit:

One of the main characters from The Old Republic killed a Sarlacc on Tatooine (not the Sarlacc, though) by chucking a poison grenade down its gullet, though this may have been to kill the people inside it instead (it's been a while since I played that daily mission).

Shit. Well there you go