Slot: The Team's Wacky Racer
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Herbie at this Wiki
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Auto Racing Challenge: Pikes Peak

I have a feeling Herbie might be able to handle the very tight turns a little better.

5 hours ago, DSkillz said:

I have a feeling Herbie might be able to handle the very tight turns a little better.

I don't think Herbie has an advantage there, the Mach 5 is incredibly maneuverable. I may concede that they can handle the turns equally well.

The big difference is that the Mach 5 is just so much faster. It should easily outpace Herbie in any race.

5 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Been a while since I've seen the movie with Lindsay Lohan, was it? Is there any videos of Herbie on YouTube that show it doing tight turns.

2 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I don't think Herbie has an advantage there, the Mach 5 is incredibly maneuverable. I may concede that they can handle the turns equally well.

The big difference is that the Mach 5 is just so much faster. It should easily outpace Herbie in any race.

The main thing I was thinking is that the problem with the Mach 5 going so fast is that there's a good chance it could miss some of the tighter, winding turns on this particular track, if not run off the road completely. Herbie, maybe being not as fast, would have a better chance of slowing down at the more hairpin turns on the mountain.

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Been a while since I've seen the movie with Lindsay Lohan, was it? Is there any videos of Herbie on YouTube that show it doing tight turns.

Never saw the later films, but I have seen parts of the original Love Bug. From what I remember, Herbie has a in-canon history of winning races, similar to Mach 5.

Here's a video of the hill climb from back in 2013. The driver finds plenty of opportunities to put his foot down and use the car's power, so the speed advantage of the mach five comes into play.

The main argument for Herbie seems to be that it can corner better than the mach five. While I wouldn't say that Herbie has any trouble cornering at speed, it would be simply wrong to think the mach five can't do just as well.