Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Mr. Clean at this Wiki
Official Site: Procter & Gamble

Battle Terrain
Marketing Challenge: Pepsi A.M. Breakfast Cola

Oh, how to unpack this.

PepsiMan's bit is to suddenly show-up with Pepsi when people crave it.

Problem is, nobody craved Pepsi with breakfast.  People want Tea or Coffee, maybe Orange Juice.  Cola? Ick!

Can Mr. Clean sell it?  Maybe, if he can market to a clean lifestyle?  Or maybe it acts to clean your colon?  I'm reaching here...

5 hours ago, Fox said:

Oh, how to unpack this.

PepsiMan's bit is to suddenly show-up with Pepsi when people crave it.

Problem is, nobody craved Pepsi with breakfast.  People want Tea or Coffee, maybe Orange Juice.  Cola? Ick!

Can Mr. Clean sell it?  Maybe, if he can market to a clean lifestyle?  Or maybe it acts to clean your colon?  I'm reaching here...

Seeing as PepsiMan had a hard time selling any products as a mascot, I think Mr. Clean has a good chance.

If Pepsi were to buy the Mr. Clean brand and use the mascot as a "Hard working, good looking man that drinks his Pepsi A.M. every morning' then I think it would sell. It would just be a re-branding of Mr. Clean and I don't think it would be that hard. Call him Mr. Pep, or Mister Pepsi and have him wear a Pepsi logo shirt instead of the plain white.

Pepsiman selling a Pepsi product? I don't see how this would go any different than their normal advertisement campaign. If the general public didn't accept it already, WHY would they ever accept it a second time around with a third rate mascot? I don't see it happening. Not to say that Mr. Clean would do better at all (his shtick isn't Cola related at all), but I don't think it's an easy win for Pepsiman at any rate.

Pepsiman could possibly do this well, but Pepsiwoman would be a no sell for the guys in the audience.

Heh, this could go well for Pepsiman, but it could also fail for him too, it would not go as well for Mr. Clean, as he lacks a lot in terms of being an eye catching mascot.

That being said, I'm inclined to vote Pepsiman here, and I'll probably add Pepsiwoman at some point too, harder to find a good image for her though.