Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Lexus 2054 at this Wiki
Official Site: Amblin Entertainment

Battle Terrain
Auto Racing Challenge: Demolition Derby

7 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

But not really with their car though. It's not an especially fast or durable car to my knowledge

Did nobody on this forum watch the Ghostbusters cartoon or play the Ghostbusters video game (where players researched upgrades to the Ecto-1 and drove it around)?

*sigh*

Wow, I'm head-to-head with Fox in both match-ups this time around. 

38 minutes ago, Fox said:

Did nobody on this forum watch the Ghostbusters cartoon or play the Ghostbusters video game (where players researched upgrades to the Ecto-1 and drove it around)?

*sigh*

Need to play that game one day ... 

But yeah, even with the Ecto-1's upgrades, I'm willing to bet the Lexus is still faster and more durable. Between that and its various safety features, the Lexus just might be able to evade/endure some of the Ecto's best shots and ram it out of commission.

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Wow, I'm head-to-head with Fox in both match-ups this time around. 

Nah, my other character is busy knifing Captain Cold in the back.

I'm just a bit of an Ecto-1 fan.

Truth is that with it's speed and crash resistance, the Lexus will be hard to beat here.

7 hours ago, Fox said:

*sigh*

I didn't. Is there videos of the Ecto-1 driving around hitting things anywhere? I'd like to watch them.  Furthermore, the Ecto-1 more closely resembles the cars used in a demolition derby so maybe it's more well suited for the challenge at hand.

So I've never been to a demolition derby where speed was the key factor to victory, since it's not a race but a contest of which car is the last one standing. And as I understand highly tuned street racing supercars (which mostly comes from watching Top Gear), they don't do well on dirt or when they're crashed into. That Lexus also doesn't look like it has much up front to protect the driver, or anything in the back to protect what I assume is a rear-mounted engine.

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Furthermore, the Ecto-1 more closely resembles the cars used in a demolition derby so maybe it's more well suited for the challenge at hand.

3 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

So I've never been to a demolition derby where speed was the key factor to victory, since it's not a race but a contest of which car is the last one standing. And as I understand highly tuned street racing supercars (which mostly comes from watching Top Gear), they don't do well on dirt or when they're crashed into. That Lexus also doesn't look like it has much up front to protect the driver, or anything in the back to protect what I assume is a rear-mounted engine.

Guys, the Lexus has an exterior that's virtually crash-proof. In the futuristic setting of Minority Report, that may make the Lexus more durable than a lot of cars that came before it. It would be quite the design flaw if the Lexus's exterior were made this way without also including its front or back.

Also, I brought up its speed because between that and the Lexus's safety features, it just may be able to evade the Ecto's attempts to ram it (which may not have much effect on the Lexus's aforementioned exterior anyway) or shoot at it with a possibly-attached proton pack.

1 minute ago, UMPIRE said:

Match Final Results

Ecto-1: 8
Lexus 2054: 6

And yet, no one could explain how the Ecto would get around the Lexus's features. 😒

7 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

And yet, no one could explain how the Ecto would get around the Lexus's features. 😒

The proton cannon mounted on the roof, maybe? 🤔

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

Would that not count as like a power though?

Many of these cars have "powers". Christine clearly has powers, Herbie has powers, the Mach Five has multiple non-standard car features which are essentially powers.

What they don't have is flight or time travel.