MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 16094 Nyotengu vs. Kazumi Mishima

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CIX

elizasleeping.jpg.cdc987af98bad28e857741a318017618.jpg

In an ancient cathedral in Italy,  Nyotengu lifted up Eliza and choked her from behind.  (REF: NYOTENGU VS. ELIZA)  Nyotengu flew into the air with Eliza in her clutches, she then spun Eliza and sent the vampire crashing into the ground. Eliza attempted to stand up and was wobbly on her feet. Nyotengu used her fan to create a large gust of wind around herself and then smacked Eliza with the mini tornado forcing her on the ground yet again with a vicious slam.

“I yield,” Eliza cried out. “I won’t tell anyone about you being a rotten human sympathizer just because you like their exotic locales.”

“That’s not good enough,” said Nyotengu. “I need you to tell me what the vampires are planning as it relates to Soul Edge.”

Eliza stood up and laughed. “The vampires are doing nothing. Nothing needs to be done. Surely you can feel it too. The prominence of the devil gene, the return of the hakkeshu  (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE) , remnants of Azazel  (REF: MENAT VS. ZAFINA) , all of it. It has weakened the veil between worlds which has led to an uptick in demonic invasion.  (REF: RACHEL VS. SHURA). So much pain and misery to go around. The red carpet has almost been completely laid down for Soul Edge’s return.” Eliza yawned. “The whole thing is actually sort of anticlimactic at this point. It’s going to happen. I know Raphael Sorel is trying to help the return along  (REF: RAPHAEL SOREL VS. LARS ALEXANDERSSON), but his success or failure will have no bearing on the inevitable.”

“One of the things I have learned in my long life is anything that appears inevitable can still be changed,” Nyotengu countered.

“Fine. Whatever. Stand in it’s way if you desire.” Eliza sat down and closed her eyes. “But if you don’t need anything else from me, can you leave me in peace? The back of my eyelids are calling out to me.”

Nyotengu shook her head. “You are hopeless.”

Eliza stayed awake long enough to get in one last dig before drifting off into her slumber. “And you are lying to yourself if you think you can stop what’s coming.”

Eliza’s proclamation descended into snoring and Nyotengu left the sleeping vampire.

Nyotengu thought over her next move. In her brief interactions with Ryu Hayabusa, the tengu princess had developed a large amount of respect for the Dragon Ninja. She was confident that if anyone could keep Soul Edge out of the wrong hands, it was him.  (REF: YOSHIMITSU VS. RYU HAYABUSA)  Still, he may need a hand. The best way to help him would be to eliminate some of the growing negative energy that would feed into Soul Edge’s power. Nyotengu knew just where to start.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nyotenguvskazumi.jpg.b354365aa40f47a1fa6f53dd597941d3.jpg

Kazumi Mishima shook her head in sadness as she read through the archives about the Mishima Zaibatsu in a small library in Japan. She wanted to catch up on all the things she had missed since her death, and it was worse then she had feared.  A war between her husband, her son, and her grandson had recently plunged the world into chaos. They had to be stopped. Kazumi worried that Heihachi might be even stronger now than he was during their last fight, despite being much older now. Kazumi left the archive room and went outside to begin her search for an ally to help her defeat her family. She wondered if she could find Akuma. Either he had gone against his promise to her or he had failed in killing Heihachi. If that was the case, perhaps they could work together to end the tyranny of the Mishima bloodline once and for all.

Kazumi was deep in her own head when the arrival of an unexpected challenger brought her back to her surroundings. 

Nyotengu descended from above. “Kazumi Mishima, regardless of whatever dark chaos magic brought you back into this realm, you don’t belong here.”  (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA)

Kazumi glared at her in response. “Stay back tengu, I have no business with you.” 

Nyotengu smirked. “Therein lies the problem, because I definitely have business with you.”

“I can’t see how that would be possible,” Kazumi retorted.

“You are a vengeful spirit, every minute you remain in this realm weakens its defenses against the resurrection of Soul Edge,” Nyotengu explained. “I cannot allow that.”

Kazumi  shook her head. “I don’t remember tengu being the arbiters of good and evil. What does any of this have to do with you?”

“Mind your tongue, spectre. I am a princess of the tengu realm and the mortal realm is my favorite vacation spot. I will not see it ruined in part because of some ancient grudge,” stated Nyotengu.

“I don’t know what you are talking about and I am not a ghost,” Kazumi insisted. “ I am…   well I don’t have time for this. My mission is much more important than your vanity,” Kazumi turned her back to Nyotengu and started to walk away.

A flash of anger shot through Nyotengu’s body. “How dare you turn your back on me!”

Nyotengu glided toward Kazumi and attempted to hit her with her fan. Kazumi quickly turned back toward the oncoming tengu and blocked her advance. She then pushed Nyotengu backward. The physical confrontation gave Nyotengu a rush of excitement.

“I should have expected a sneak attack from such a devious creature,” said Kazumi as she stepped into her fighting stance..

Nyotengu regained her composure and laughed. “Devious creature? You are one to talk. You may not know me well, but I know exactly who and what you are.”

Kazumi eased up and regarded Nyotengu with confusion.

“I looked you up after those mortals foolishly brought you back to life,” explained Nyotengu. “You inault my lineage, yet you are the one who comes from a clan that made a deal with the Devil.  And then, you mixed those genes with the Mishima bloodline. Not very smart.  Look at all the despair that union has brought upon the world. Even on my best day, I could never hope to bring about the chaos you caused in forming that family.”

“I will make up for my mistakes,” Kazumi declared. “I will honor the Hachijo Clan by bringing an end to both Heihachi and Kazuya, I will complete my original mission. Only then will I rest.”

“It doesn’t work that way,” Nyotengu countered. “You had your shot and you failed. Now you must accept your fate and leave this realm to the living,”

“I will not accept that fate, not when I’ve been given a second chance.”

Kazumi stepped back into her fighting stance and Nyotengu did as well.

"You are missing the bigger picture," Nyotengu scolded.

"I could say the same to you," Kazumi retorted.

“Before we do this, Kazumi, there is no need to hide your true self in front of me. Show it to me. I want to see this legendary Devil Gene for myself,” stated Nyotengu.

Kazumi nodded. Her skin and hair turned white and crimson colored horns emerged from her forehead. Wings of fire sprouted out from her back and her eyes turned red.

“That’s quite the look,” Nyotengu remarked. “Now let’s find out if you have the moves to back it up.”

“Enough talk, let us begin.” Kazumi replied.

Oh shit... this is definitely a tough one. I would say that... this is absolutely dead even, although I would say that Kazumi Mishima is perhaps the more ruthless fighter but when she's in her Devil form-- at least, from what I have seen in the cut scenes of Tekken 7, she loses all sense of herself and is completely dominated by the Devil Gene. Nyotengu, despite as playful as she happens to be-- is quite powerful and has thousands of years in terms of experience over Kazumi Mishima, all things considering her official listed age.

Based on experience, and perhaps a better sense of self control... I'm going to give it to Nyotengu.

20 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Oh shit... this is definitely a tough one. I would say that... this is absolutely dead even, although I would say that Kazumi Mishima is perhaps the more ruthless fighter but when she's in her Devil form-- at least, from what I have seen in the cut scenes of Tekken 7, she loses all sense of herself and is completely dominated by the Devil Gene. Nyotengu, despite as playful as she happens to be-- is quite powerful and has thousands of years in terms of experience over Kazumi Mishima, all things considering her official listed age.

Based on experience, and perhaps a better sense of self control... I'm going to give it to Nyotengu.

Thanks for the comments, RakaiThwei.

Videos

Nyotengu

Previously defeated: Eliza

Kazumi Mishima

Previously defeated: Chizuru Kagura

I think Kazumi definitely has the edge in this fight. Her combos are much more devastating and hard to avoid. Nyotengu isn't a bad opponent and will hold her own in a tough match, but she falls short. Possibly killed.

6 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Kazumi is the final boss of the Tekken 7 arcade, Nyotengu is a dlc/guest fighter, I think it’s safe to say Kazumi is in a higher tier.

If you want to go by game mechanics and stats, sure...

But lore wise... Nyotengu is older by a thousand years or slightly more, and likely has seen more various battles. Kazumi was likely born sometime in the early twentieth century and killed by Heihachi Mishima, a normal human being (in the context that he has no Devil Gene or further enhancements).

So... who REALLY has the better standing?

2 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

If you want to go by game mechanics and stats, sure...

But lore wise... Nyotengu is older by a thousand years or slightly more, and likely has seen more various battles. Kazumi was likely born sometime in the early twentieth century and killed by Heihachi Mishima, a normal human being (in the context that he has no Devil Gene or further enhancements).

So... who REALLY has the better standing?

I think the lady who had to be killed by fellow final boss Heichachi, the guy who can catch bullets between his teeth:

And who killed his own son Kazuya at the end of Tekken 2, you know the guy who can survive a satellite beam destroying his building and then latter blasted said satellite out of orbit in anger:

Also wasn’t Nyotengu defeated by Ryu Hayabusa, a guy no less human then Heichachi?

On 3/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, SSJRuss said:

I think Kazumi definitely has the edge in this fight. Her combos are much more devastating and hard to avoid. Nyotengu isn't a bad opponent and will hold her own in a tough match, but she falls short. Possibly killed.

I will say there are probably no combos I hate dealing with more in all of fighting games than Kazumi's tiger assisted combos. But. they are as effective as they are annoying.

As for their comparative skills, I was thinkging they could be close. Kazumi is a boss level character with a devil gene that did lose to Heihachi but there is no shame in that. Just as there is no shame in losing to Ryu Hayabusa. If their only canonical losses are to two top tier characters in their respective franchises, I think that speaks well of their respective fighting abilities.

I never vote on my own matches, but I would probably lean toward Kazumi myself.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - Boratz
3.80 - SSJRuss
5.00 - RakaiThwei
4.30 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
28.10 Total Combined Score
28.10 / 6 = 4.68 Final Rating on the match