Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Energizer Bunny at this Wiki
Official Site: Energizer

Battle Terrain
Marketing Challenge: Apple Pippin

Pepsiman: Appears with Pepsi to thirsty people or people craving soda. Pepsiman happens to appear at just the right time with the product.

Energizer Bunny: Promoted as being able to continue operating indefinitely, or at least much longer than similar toys (or other products) using rival brands' batteries.

For the Apple Pippin, I think Pepsiman is the mascot it needed.  A mascot that appears at the right time with the product is something the Apple Pippin seems to need.  Kids, bored of their current games system, are offered this new system.

Now, the Bunny does bring longevity to the table, and that could also be a solid marketing angle.  I like that too.  But I'm leaning Pepsiman on this one.

4 minutes ago, Fox said:

Pepsiman: Appears with Pepsi to thirsty people or people craving soda. Pepsiman happens to appear at just the right time with the product.

Energizer Bunny: Promoted as being able to continue operating indefinitely, or at least much longer than similar toys (or other products) using rival brands' batteries.

For the Apple Pippin, I think Pepsiman is the mascot it needed.  A mascot that appears at the right time with the product is something the Apple Pippin seems to need.  Kids, bored of their current games system, are offered this new system.

Now, the Bunny does bring longevity to the table, and that could also be a solid marketing angle.  I like that too.  But I'm leaning Pepsiman on this one.

There's also that baller Pepsiman game that would push consoles

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

There's also that baller Pepsiman game that would push consoles

But the game sucked! It was so linear! I guess being pushed with a game works, as Pepsiman brings that to the table. I don't know if batteries is something that goes well with consoles, considering you don't really need batteries for consoles. Just keep 'em plugged in a socket.

People associate the Energizer Bunny with long lasting consistency, they associate Pepsiman with marketing failure. Not to mention Pepsi itself give off strong "little brother" vibes as it relates to Coca-Cola, you don't want the consumers to associate your product as the little brother.

Also, excellent commercials with the Pippin bunny outlasting a hedgehog and a plummer in a long distance race are at your fingertips.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

People associate the Energizer Bunny with long lasting consistency, they associate Pepsiman with marketing failure. Not to mention Pepsi itself give off strong "little brother" vibes as it relates to Coca-Cola, you don't want the consumers to associate your product as the little brother.

Also, excellent commercials with the Pippin bunny outlasting a hedgehog and a plummer in a long distance race are at your fingertips.

Strong points.