Slot: The Team's Corporate Mascot
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Jolly Green Giant at this Wiki
Official Site: General Mills

Battle Terrain
Marketing Challenge: Little Miss No Name

Without even looking too closely at Judderman (a fizzy alcohol drink mascot) the Green Giant seems like it's going to have a tough row to hoe here.

Kids already famously don't like to eat their veggies.  And now they gotta eat peas and then play with this doll?

I'm open to interpretations on how Green Giant markets this.  I'll hold my vote.

2 hours ago, Fox said:

Without even looking too closely at Judderman (a fizzy alcohol drink mascot) the Green Giant seems like it's going to have a tough row to hoe here.

Kids already famously don't like to eat their veggies.  And now they gotta eat peas and then play with this doll?

I'm open to interpretations on how Green Giant markets this.  I'll hold my vote.

This actually brings up a good point. The Green Giant has some kind of marketing synergy with the doll. Both are things that are important for kids to have/learn, but they might not want to do. There's definitely something there, just don't think it would sell well. Still, arguably sells better than alcohol mascot 

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This actually brings up a good point. The Green Giant has some kind of marketing synergy with the doll. Both are things that are important for kids to have/learn, but they might not want to do. There's definitely something there, just don't think it would sell well. Still, arguably sells better than alcohol mascot 

Depends, honestly both mascots could sell this product in different ways.

Green Giant could work by pairing the idea of nutrition and healthy living with this doll, because those in poverty often struggle with said concepts as a result of their status. But, doing so might be a bit preachy in a sense, and when paired with the Green Giant who most might see as a cartoon character, preachy isn't exactly something you want to be in attempting to send a message to others. The best examples of this failing, can be seen in many of the anti-drug PSAs of the past, including Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue, largely because it is hard to take lighter fared "characters" seriously when talking about more sensitive issues like that.

The Judderman could work on the edgy aspect of things, and in my opinion could possibly scare kids into loving these dolls in a similar way to how The Ghost of Christmas Present did Ebenezer Scrooge, as he does present a sort of reality warping all his own, and could certainly lure the kids in that way by presenting the ills of childhood poverty to them, forcing them to take a doll, love and treat it well, just as they would/should the poor.

Judderman could also work on another level of things, as he is very persuasive, at least in his commercials, so while kids may be scared of both or either him and the doll perhaps, they might also be curious about the doll on some level, and intrigued by the Judderman's offers of the doll, as he taunts and teases them with in a similar manner to how he presents the bottle of Metz in his commercial. Granted, what they sell is marketed to different age groups and certainly different aspects of human nature, however I can still see kids being interested in the dolls, even when presented by the Judderman, and in their current appearance due to human nature and at least morbid curiosity about the things they might fear or scary things.