Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

8:1 - Winston (Overwatch) vs. The Music Meister

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 1

Winston (Overwatch)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Superhuman (Lowest Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Winston (Overwatch) at this Wiki
Official Site: Blizzard Entertainment

The Music Meister

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Superhuman (Lowest Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Music Meister at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Mines Of Moria

A quick glance at Music Meister's Vs Battle Wiki page reveals that Winston is physically superior in just about every category. He's fast enough to keep up with Doomfist, who took out both Tracer and Genji, and strong enough to compete with him too, when DF is said to have been able to level a skyscraper. While that specific feat is probably either hyperbole or something that took him a great while to do, as it's massively stronger than we see him in game, he is able crush cars and one-shot people easily. Plus, Winston is incredibly smart and his gun means he essentially doesn't even have to aim. I give this one to Winston

I don't see Winston having any resistance to the Meister's mind control, so while he might be able to physically crush the guy with ease, unless he gets lucky with landing the first blow, I don't see this going his way. The area benefits the Meister too I feel, since he controls people through his singing, the vastness of the area gives him a chance to stay out of close range from Winston and keeps the risk of an ape beatdown relatively low while he sings from a distance. And then he could just have Winston stand there and not resist at all as say, goblins assault him, or just have Winston beat himself up. 

Is Musical Meister a normal man outside of his singing? I think the area is a real problem for him with the amount of danger around. I guess he can manipulate goblins? But drops, cave-ins etc would be an issue. Winston seems more agile? I need to do more research on both before coming to a decision.

I don't think Winston will immediately go for the gorilla grip on Music Meister. He is showcased as someone that doesn't really tap into his rage often, unless provoked. Thing is, I don't think Music Meister would provoke him that much before he puts him under control.

The thing to remember is that they are in a goblin filled tunnel. Even if the Meister puts Winston under his control, the odds of Miester eventually getting blindsided by a goblin are pretty high, Winston might win by virtue of being strong enough to survive the goblin attacks and climbing out of the mines once the Miester bites it.

Okay, personally I can see two scenarios here that may favor Music Meister:

A). He starts out singing from where he is, which could potentially lead to him controlling both the goblins and Winston himself from afar before the match really begins, giving him a potential win in that sense as he can manipulate Winston to essentially act anyway he wants at that point.

B). He tries to sneak up on Winston and "capture" him that way, as he did manage to get close to get the jump on several heroes and villains, including Batman who was watching from a distance, before any of them noticed him, although they weren't necessarily looking for him either.

Scenario A seems to be the more feasible to me here, as he doesn't seem like the up close and personal type to me, but B could happen as well.

The key to all scenarios however is his trump card, his singing ability.

This ability seems like it wouldn't be as powerful as it is, but when used properly against an opponent, Meister was able to overcome even Gorilla Grodd, the Brave and Bold Grodd, who is usually regarded as one of DC's most skilled telepaths, and is also likely highly resistant to telepathic manipulation himself, but I'll need to look more into that.

All in all, my point is, if the Meister can start singing before Winston can find and put him down in some fashion, it is pretty easy to see how he could overcome Winston, even if Winston does have the advantage in both strength and speed.

By the by, Meister did take a hit from Batman with very little noticeable signs of damage, and managed to only be sent a little ways away from a close range Canary Cry, not to bad for durability's sake.

1 hour ago, Z451 said:

Okay, personally I can see two scenarios here that may favor Music Meister:

A). He starts out singing from where he is, which could potentially lead to him controlling both the goblins and Winston himself from afar before the match really begins, giving him a potential win in that sense as he can manipulate Winston to essentially act anyway he wants at that point.

B). He tries to sneak up on Winston and "capture" him that way, as he did manage to get close to get the jump on several heroes and villains, including Batman who was watching from a distance, before any of them noticed him, although they weren't necessarily looking for him either.

Scenario A seems to be the more feasible to me here, as he doesn't seem like the up close and personal type to me, but B could happen as well.

From what I can tell from the clips, he has to give relatively specific directions to relatively specific people. He couldn't, for example, control Batman from the distance he was watching. Also, is there any reason given why Batman isn't hypnotized there? He seems to be able to hear him. 

Finally, as for the Canary Cry feat, that definitely doesn't seem to have been a full-blast or even intentional and directed cry

Sorry to double post, but I've looked into it more, and this really depends on the scenario, but I honestly think Winston still have a very solid chance here. 

In the "Spiderman vs. Sarlacc" debate, things like character motivation and set-up were brought into it. If he has any kind of prep, knowledge of his opponent, or even happens to see him in action before they confront each other, such as seeing him hypnotize a bunch of goblins, Winston is golden, as he'll be smart enough to devise a way to not hear him. He does appear to be wearing some kind of helmet/headware that may help or allow him to filter out sounds. Purely speculation, but he is definitely wearing something around his ears.

Secondly, Music Meister's durability has been overstated. According to this website, both Batman and Batgirl were able to OHKO him when they actually got their hands on him. Even if he just knows "this guy is a big threat and need to be taken down ASAP," he should be stronger than Batman from TBATB and be able to take him out quickly. The Canary Cry feat seems more like an accidental firing of the cry on the hypnotize Black Canary's behalf, so I don't think it should count for much. So, if Winston, or even any Orcs, got their hands on him, he would be in big trouble, not to mention if he happens to be involved in a cave-in. Winston would be far better equipped to traverse the arena with his super jump, natural strength and agility, and Tesla Cannon and armor that would make short work of any Goblins they run into. 

This is actually a very difficult match for me to call.  I think the terrain plays a big part in this one.

Sound through tunnels carries, echoes and reverberates.  I think it favors Music Meister to be able to vocalize and cover the tunnels with hypnotic song.

There is no expectation of Prep-Time in these matches so I discount Winston having prep for this.  He's still a genius, but then again so is Gorilla Grodd.