Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

8:1 - Circe (DCAU) vs. Monkey D. Luffy

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 1

Circe (DCAU)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Circe (DCAU) at this Wiki
Official Site: D.C Comics

Monkey D. Luffy

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Monkey D. Luffy at this Wiki
Official Site: Eiichiro Oda

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Pandora Daytime

Ah, the Draft started a little sooner than I expected. Also, that fact that the DCAU version of Circe is highlighted here must be one of new features Fox was working on. Cool. :) 

As for the match, both Circe and Luffy would likely have a very hard time hurting one another through force, but Circe could simply turn Luffy into a small animal she could easily hurt. 

4 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Circe could simply turn Luffy into a small animal she could easily hurt. 

Does she do that often? Like, is it something that happens everytime she's in a fight? Because if she doesn't, Luffy has a good chance of just knocking her lights out.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Does she do that often? Like, is it something that happens everytime she's in a fight? Because if she doesn't, Luffy has a good chance of just knocking her lights out.

Turning people into animals is literally the go-to move of every version of Circe you could think of.  And every DC version of Circe is virtually immortal and an archenemy of Wonder Woman, so unless Luffy can hit on the level of the DCAU version of WW, there's not a whole lot he could physically do to Circe.

11 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Turning people into animals is literally the go-to move of every version of Circe you could think of.  And every DC version of Circe is virtually immortal and an archenemy of Wonder Woman, so unless Luffy can hit on the level of the DCAU version of WW, there's not a whole lot he could physically do to Circe.

Luffy certainly can hit above that level. WW is 7-B, Luffy is 7-A. Luffy would literally be running circles are Circe, and Circe has no durability feats to speak of. Her magic seems to be directional, so as long as Luffy stays on the move he should be fine

9 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Luffy certainly can hit above that level. WW is 7-B, Luffy is 7-A. Luffy would literally be running circles are Circe, and Circe has no durability feats to speak of. Her magic seems to be directional, so as long as Luffy stays on the move he should be fine

Circe's likely no slouch in quickness and power herself, since this version's been stated to have dealt with Wonder Woman (who has kept up with Superman in battle and blocked shots from Lanterns) in the past. I have my doubts that Luffy's gonna move faster than Circe can keep up. Circe also has god-level magical power.

6 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Circe's likely no slouch in quickness and power herself, since this version's been stated to have dealt with Wonder Woman (who has kept up with Superman in battle and blocked shots from Lanterns) in the past. I have my doubts that Luffy's gonna move faster than Circe can keep up. Circe also has god-level magical power.

Like we talked about with AMAZO, this is DCAU Superman, who is massively weaker than most other Supermen. In fact, Luffy is definitely faster than DCAU Wonder Woman in combat by leaps and bounds. Just about all of his physicals are stronger. She might be able to keep up, but going by feats she has nothing to imply that she can

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

In fact, Luffy is definitely faster than DCAU Wonder Woman in combat by leaps and bounds.

Faster than someone who can block light beams with her bracelets? I doubt that.

I don't think Circe needs line-of-sight to cast a spell, either, since she undoes the pig spell she put on Diana when the latter wasn't even in the same building.

1 minute ago, DSkillz said:

Faster than someone who can block light beams with her bracelets? I doubt that.

I don't think Circe needs line-of-sight to cast a spell, either, since she undoes the pig spell she put on Diana when the latter wasn't even in the same building.

DCAU Wonder Woman is definitely not light-speed and claiming so is silly. They might have been beams that emit light, but they are not light speed beams. And regardless, reaction speed =/= movement speed, which is what we're talking about here

19 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

DCAU Wonder Woman is definitely not light-speed and claiming so is silly. They might have been beams that emit light, but they are not light speed beams. And regardless, reaction speed =/= movement speed, which is what we're talking about here

I was talking about DCAU Diana's reaction speed. I don't know about actual FTL speed, but she has also blocked lightning in the Hereafter episode.

Just now, DSkillz said:

I was talking about DCAU Diana's reaction speed. I don't know about actual FTL speed, but she has also blocked lightning in the Hereafter episode.

I agree. She's arguably got relativistic reaction speeds, but Luffy's movement speed is far faster than her's, and that's my point here. He would at best be a blur for Circe

19 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Like we talked about with AMAZO, this is DCAU Superman, who is massively weaker than most other Supermen. In fact, Luffy is definitely faster than DCAU Wonder Woman in combat by leaps and bounds. Just about all of his physicals are stronger. She might be able to keep up, but going by feats she has nothing to imply that she can

18 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I agree. She's arguably got relativistic reaction speeds, but Luffy's movement speed is far faster than her's, and that's my point here. He would at best be a blur for Circe

Okay the disrespect to DCAU Wonder Women is getting ridiculous. Let’s set the record straight here:

Firstly: Sinestro in the episode “Secret Society Part 2” specifically said his ring moves at “lightspeed!” That means the blasts from AMAZO’s ring and Star Sapphire were moving at lightspeed when Diana blocked them! Luffy at his best (Gear 4th form) is only Relativistic+, so no, he would not be too fast for Diana, let alone Circe, if anything he’ll be a tortoise to them.

Secondly: Both Luffy and Wonder Women’s strengths are listed as Small City+, in other words they are both at the same striking level. And do keep in mind, Circe doesn’t just compare to Diana, she utterly outclasses her! In Circe’s debut episode, “This Little Piggy” she incapacitated both Wondy and Bats with a wave of her hand! In other words, she regularly stomps characters at Luffy’s level for fun!

Thirdly: Their is still no argument for how Luffy is going to avoid being turned into a mouse and then getting stepped on. As DSkillz said, Circe undid her spell on Wonder Women when she was miles away, so her spells have no distance limitations, nor do they rely on line of sight to work.

Final Point: At the end of “This Little Piggy” Bats and Zatanna were forced to negotiate with Circe in order to release her spell on Wonder Women. How many other villains in JLU did Bats decide to negotiate with rather then try to physically fight? Not Lex Luther, not Brainiac, not even Darkseid. Only Circe was able to force him to compromise rather then fight it out, she was that badass. Think on that.

You quoted my second comment, but I honestly don't know if you read it, because I responded to your first point directly in it. 

13 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Firstly: Sinestro in the episode “Secret Society Part 2” specifically said his ring moves at “lightspeed!” That means the blasts from AMAZO’s ring and Star Sapphire were moving at lightspeed when Diana blocked them! Luffy at his best (Gear 4th form) is only Relativistic+, so no, he would not be too fast for Diana, let alone Circe, if anything he’ll be a tortoise to them.

As discussed earlier, Wonder Woman reacts to light speed attacks (rarely and inconsistently), which is why her reaction time is relativistic, as in approaching the speed of light, just like Luffy's. As mentioned earlier, Luffy fought an opponent who also fought with light-speed attacks, thus putting him on the exact same reaction speed tier as Wonder Woman (assuming you believe that the Lantern Ring constructs are light speed. I'm honestly unconvinced because that means there are many being with relativist reaction speeds who regularly get tagged by much slower attacks). However, Diana's movement speed is nowhere near her reaction speed. Luffy's movement speed is faster. Her combat speed is never shown to be anywhere near Luffy's in terms of how fast she can move. Finally, there's not really any good evidence that Circe's reaction or movement speed is as strong as Wonder Woman's. She doesn't ever really get into a physical fight with her, she just uses magic, so none of her physicals are really known. We can reasonably scale her close to Wonder Woman, but there's no reason to assume she's as strong as her.

21 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Secondly: Both Luffy and Wonder Women’s strengths are listed as Small City+, in other words they are both at the same striking level. And do keep in mind, Circe doesn’t just compare to Diana, she utterly outclasses her! In Circe’s debut episode, “This Little Piggy” she incapacitated both Wondy and Bats with a wave of her hand! In other words, she regularly stomps characters at Luffy’s level for fun!

This is wrong for several reasons. She doesn't "regularly stomp," she used a single spell that caught them. Hitting someone once doesn't mean you're at or above their level necessarily. It's also worth mentioning that Diana never actually hit Circe in the episode, at least as far as I remember. It's entirely possible she would have OHKO'd her. Finally, again, Luffy's combat speed is faster than Diana's, and he has far more range than her with his attacks. We also haven't brought up Luffy's Haki, which lets him, among other things, see the future. He would know what the consequences of getting hit are, and be able to plot out how to best get the drop on her, what attack she is likely to do, and how to combat that. 

In this clip, she is unable or unwilling to get out of the way of a piano being sent towards her rather slowly, and seemingly unable to use her magic to defend herself against random other objects hitting her as well. She's not invincible and can clearly be ambushed, surprised, and outsped, all by attacks much, much slower than Luffy's. 

30 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Thirdly: Their is still no argument for how Luffy is going to avoid being turned into a mouse and then getting stepped on. As DSkillz said, Circe undid her spell on Wonder Women when she was miles away, so her spells have no distance limitations, nor do they rely on line of sight to work.

That's what this whole debate has been lol. This environment is great for Luffy to find a spot to ambush her, predict her attack, then take her out quickly, before she can react or get a proper spell in. And I 100% don't buy the "she has no limitations on her spells" thing. The only time she casts a spell without line of sight, directional proximity, and a relatively slow (to relativistic fighters) hand motion is when she's undoing a spell she herself already cast. Every other example of her casting a spell has those three specific and damning limitations. 

33 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Final Point: At the end of “This Little Piggy” Bats and Zatanna were forced to negotiate with Circe in order to release her spell on Wonder Women. How many other villains in JLU did Bats decide to negotiate with rather then try to physically fight? Not Lex Luther, not Brainiac, not even Darkseid. Only Circe was able to force him to compromise rather then fight it out, she was that badass. Think on that.

This final point is a neat bit of trivia but it's not really a feat, and even then, it's not like Batman wouldn't have negotiated with Darkseid or Brainiac if it would have worked. He knew magic has a price, so he asked what the price was for her to lift the spell on Diana, and she agreed to lift it in exchange for Batman singing. It was the path of least resistance for Batman, and we don't really know that Batman and Zatanna couldn't have beaten Circe if the fight had continued. 

So yeah, I'm still completely unconvinced this is a stomp for Circe, or even a win, really. Luffy's speed and haki, along with the environment their fighting in, means that Circe wouldn't be able to just transform him like she does to Wonder Woman in the episode. She has no durability or reaction feats to speak of, and the only time she transforms a moving object is when she transformed the Batarangs at the beginning of the episode, which are much slowly than Luffy's attacks would be. In fact, she specifically incapacitates WW before transforming her, and doesn't transform Batman at all despite having no real reason not to. The fact that she has to hold WW still implies, in my mind at least, that she either couldn't transform her otherwise, or it would have been much harder for her to.

• Like 1

I'm with @Peypeypeypey on this one. Current Luffy can go blow for blow with most characters from the DCAU, imo. Circe maybe crafty but she doesn't know what Luffy can do and that might just cost her. And even if she turns him into an animal or something, I'm not so sure that would even stop Luffy. He would likely still be rubber and almost impossible to kill.

16 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

You quoted my second comment, but I honestly don't know if you read it, because I responded to your first point directly in it. 

As discussed earlier, Wonder Woman reacts to light speed attacks (rarely and inconsistently), which is why her reaction time is relativistic, as in approaching the speed of light, just like Luffy's. As mentioned earlier, Luffy fought an opponent who also fought with light-speed attacks, thus putting him on the exact same reaction speed tier as Wonder Woman (assuming you believe that the Lantern Ring constructs are light speed. I'm honestly unconvinced because that means there are many being with relativist reaction speeds who regularly get tagged by much slower attacks). However, Diana's movement speed is nowhere near her reaction speed. Luffy's movement speed is faster. Her combat speed is never shown to be anywhere near Luffy's in terms of how fast she can move. Finally, there's not really any good evidence that Circe's reaction or movement speed is as strong as Wonder Woman's. She doesn't ever really get into a physical fight with her, she just uses magic, so none of her physicals are really known. We can reasonably scale her close to Wonder Woman, but there's no reason to assume she's as strong as her.

This is wrong for several reasons. She doesn't "regularly stomp," she used a single spell that caught them. Hitting someone once doesn't mean you're at or above their level necessarily. It's also worth mentioning that Diana never actually hit Circe in the episode, at least as far as I remember. It's entirely possible she would have OHKO'd her. Finally, again, Luffy's combat speed is faster than Diana's, and he has far more range than her with his attacks. We also haven't brought up Luffy's Haki, which lets him, among other things, see the future. He would know what the consequences of getting hit are, and be able to plot out how to best get the drop on her, what attack she is likely to do, and how to combat that. 

In this clip, she is unable or unwilling to get out of the way of a piano being sent towards her rather slowly, and seemingly unable to use her magic to defend herself against random other objects hitting her as well. She's not invincible and can clearly be ambushed, surprised, and outsped, all by attacks much, much slower than Luffy's. 

That's what this whole debate has been lol. This environment is great for Luffy to find a spot to ambush her, predict her attack, then take her out quickly, before she can react or get a proper spell in. And I 100% don't buy the "she has no limitations on her spells" thing. The only time she casts a spell without line of sight, directional proximity, and a relatively slow (to relativistic fighters) hand motion is when she's undoing a spell she herself already cast. Every other example of her casting a spell has those three specific and damning limitations. 

This final point is a neat bit of trivia but it's not really a feat, and even then, it's not like Batman wouldn't have negotiated with Darkseid or Brainiac if it would have worked. He knew magic has a price, so he asked what the price was for her to lift the spell on Diana, and she agreed to lift it in exchange for Batman singing. It was the path of least resistance for Batman, and we don't really know that Batman and Zatanna couldn't have beaten Circe if the fight had continued. 

So yeah, I'm still completely unconvinced this is a stomp for Circe, or even a win, really. Luffy's speed and haki, along with the environment their fighting in, means that Circe wouldn't be able to just transform him like she does to Wonder Woman in the episode. She has no durability or reaction feats to speak of, and the only time she transforms a moving object is when she transformed the Batarangs at the beginning of the episode, which are much slowly than Luffy's attacks would be. In fact, she specifically incapacitates WW before transforming her, and doesn't transform Batman at all despite having no real reason not to. The fact that she has to hold WW still implies, in my mind at least, that she either couldn't transform her otherwise, or it would have been much harder for her to.

Are you referring to Enel as the lightspeed opponent Luffy fought? Because Enel is not a lightspeed attacker! His attacks are lightning based, not light based. At most his attacks were hypersonic, not speed of light! To my knowledge the faster enemy Luffy ever fought was Doflamingo, who speed was Relativistic+! So no, Luffy has never fought or reacted to speed of light attacks, not to my knowledge. Diana has reacted and blocked speed of light attacks from AMAZO, Sinestro, and Star Sapphire! You can try to downplay the consistency of the feats all you want, but she has done it against three different opponents, which is three more then Luffy has! I’m not arguing that Diana or Circe are moving that fast, I’m arguing that both are fully capable of reacting to that speed, something Luffy has never shown the ability to do!

When your able to incapacitate two opponents with one spell cast that’s called stomping them! And the main reason I brought that was because since Luffy’s highest proven combat speed is listed at Relativistic+ and since Circe’s peers are proven to be able to react to speed of light attacks, their’s no reason to assume that she won’t be able to incapacitate Luffy with the same attack!

Bro, I can lowball Luffy as well as you lowball Circe, for example:

4F28DF3D-39AE-46E8-BF88-7B7E2875020B.thumb.jpeg.42cf4ab39141afc702c40045287e6517.jpeg373C8CC6-B697-48BC-B9C9-A2CC04C3157E.thumb.jpeg.74e192a9b46fa0af83b6c8f57e05736d.jpeg

Remember these scenes? Was Nami moving Relativistic+ or Lightspeed during these time? Shall we count this as proof of Luffy being far slower then what your portraying him as? Would be fair of me to argue that because Nami was able to KO Luffy in one hit that means Circe can as well? Let’s skip the lowballing nonsense and just agree to list our characters by their highest feats. 

And as for your argument that Luffy will be able to ambush Circe or finish her quickly, when has Luffy ever started a fight by ambushing his opponent or trying to take them out quickly? Your whole argument against Diana’s speed of light feats is that their not consistent enough, well has Luffy ever consistently ambushed or hid from his opponents? You know as well as I that Luffy has almost never fought smartly against his opponents, you know that he will almost always walk right up to them, talk about how he’s going to be king of the pirates, give a speech about the powers of friendship, and then start fighting them, and even then it’ll take him an episode and a half before he starts taking the fight seriously. And if her spells do require a line of sight or can be avoided why then was no one in the entire episode able to avoid her spells? Wonder Women again was able to deflect or dodge faster then light attacks but couldn’t defend against Circe’s opening attack. Batman, who in the series finale was able to dodge Darkseid’s OMEGA BEAMS, something Darkseid himself said no one was ever able to do before! Neither of them were able to avoid Circe’s initial attack despite Circe giving them plenty of time to prepare themselves. So sorry, but the proof seems to favor that her spells are unavoidable and happen instantly, no way is Luffy avoiding getting turned into a mouse.

The fact of the matter is that Luffy is at least comparable to Wonder Women in terms of strength and durability. He might be a few ticks faster then her, but considering the higher tier DCAU characters, which Circe definitely qualifies as, can react and block faster then light attacks, that advantage won’t due him much good. Especially since Circe can simply incapacitate him early in the fight, like she did against Wonder Women. So the way I see it, Luffy walks up to her, starts giving her his pre-fight speech, only for Circe to incapacitate and restrain him, then turns him into a mouse and steps on him. That’s all she wrote for him.

Edited by Pizzaguy2995

16 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

I'm with @Peypeypeypey on this one. Current Luffy can go blow for blow with most characters from the DCAU, imo. Circe maybe crafty but she doesn't know what Luffy can do and that might just cost her. And even if she turns him into an animal or something, I'm not so sure that would even stop Luffy. He would likely still be rubber and almost impossible to kill.

If that’s the case how come Wonder Women wasn’t able to keep her strength and invulnerable when she was turned into a pig? Three factory workers were able to overpower her and a piece of rope was able to bind her feet. Physical feats don’t carry over when your turned into an animal, only items that your wearing, like Diana’s bracelets remain.

6 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Are you referring to Enel as the lightspeed opponent Luffy fought? Because Enel is not a lightspeed attacker! His attacks are lightning based, not light based. At most his attacks were hypersonic, not speed of light! To my knowledge the faster enemy Luffy ever fought was Doflamingo, who speed was Relativistic+! So no, Luffy has never fought or reacted to speed of light attacks, not to my knowledge. Diana has reacted and blocked speed of light attacks from AMAZO, Sinestro, and Star Sapphire! You can try to downplay the consistency of the feats all you want, but she has done it against three different opponents, which is three more then Luffy has! I’m arguing that Diana or Circe are moving that fast, I’m arguing that both are fully capable of reacting to that speed, something Luffy has never shown the ability to do!

This is just wrong. There are many instances of light-speed attacks in One Piece, some of which are even stated to be so, and Luffy and his peers have dodged them before. 

Example 1, the most clear one, is explicitly stated here. You can't go with the explicit statement for Wonder Woman but ignore it for the One Piece characters.

Example 2. The attack is directly compared to another character's laser, and that character was said to be "the Light Logia man," so logically, his attacks are made of light. 

Another example of the same guy, from the anime, which makes it much more clear that these are light-based attacks, and Luffy is casually and mockingly dodging them.

Example (continued). Even this goofy dude is said to be attacking with photons, which move at the speed of light. This one is obviously more questionable, as the guy and Luffy exchange words between one of his shots firing and it connecting to a mirror behind Luffy, but it is explicitly stated to be a photon attack and photons travel at the speed of light. If we're just blindly accepting statements of light speed attacks to be true, then this one would also count and they're just talking really fast.

As for the Lantern speed being light-speed, there are so many anti-feats for this. Here's an easy example: 

In this clip, this shadow dude dodges three consecutive Green Lantern attacks point blank before being tackled by Vixen. Vixen is able to keep up with him in hand-to-hand, and he easily dodged multiple consecutive "light-speed" green lantern attacks, but Vixen is nowhere near relativistic in combat or reaction speed and it would be silly to imply that she is. 

Here's another example, at about 2:05 in this clip. The construct takes a full 2-3 seconds to fill in a gap that is at most a few hundred feet across. Clearly not light speed. It's not me low-balling the ring's speed, it's the ring's speed being wildly inconsistent and frequently being demonstrably not FTL. 

Even if we go by your standard, you're just wrong about Luffy never dodging light speed attacks. He has dodged many laser-based attacks and many attacks that are stated as being light speed, so either we accept dubious statements, and they can both dodge at roughly the same speed, or we scrutinize each instance of it, in which case it's just silly to say that all Lantern attacks and constructs move at light speed. 

Also, it bears mention that while you mention three opponents who you claim to be light-speed attackers, only 1 of them to my knowledge was explicitly stated to be light-speed, the rest are just scaling to him. That's perfectly fine and logical, if we accept that Sinestro is actually light speed, but it also applies to Luffy, who, as mentioned, has fought multiple opponents who are either stated to be light speed, fight with lasers, or both. 

40 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Are you referring to Enel as the lightspeed opponent Luffy fought? Because Enel is not a lightspeed attacker! His attacks are lightning based, not light based. At most his attacks were hypersonic, not speed of light! To my knowledge the faster enemy Luffy ever fought was Doflamingo, who speed was Relativistic+! So no, Luffy has never fought or reacted to speed of light attacks, not to my knowledge. Diana has reacted and blocked speed of light attacks from AMAZO, Sinestro, and Star Sapphire! You can try to downplay the consistency of the feats all you want, but she has done it against three different opponents, which is three more then Luffy has! I’m arguing that Diana or Circe are moving that fast, I’m arguing that both are fully capable of reacting to that speed, something Luffy has never shown the ability to do!

When your able to incapacitate two opponents with one spell cast that’s called stomping them! And the main reason I brought that was because since Luffy’s highest proven combat speed is listed at Relativistic+ and since Circe’s peers are proven to be able to react to speed of light attacks, their’s no reason to assume that she won’t be able to incapacitate Luffy with the same attack!

Bro, I can lowball Luffy as well as you lowball Circe, for example:

4F28DF3D-39AE-46E8-BF88-7B7E2875020B.thumb.jpeg.42cf4ab39141afc702c40045287e6517.jpeg373C8CC6-B697-48BC-B9C9-A2CC04C3157E.thumb.jpeg.74e192a9b46fa0af83b6c8f57e05736d.jpeg

Remember these scenes? Was Nami moving Relativistic+ or Lightspeed during these time? Shall we count this as proof of Luffy being far slower then what your portraying him as? Would be fair of me to argue that because Nami was able to KO Luffy in one hit that means Circe can as well? Let’s skip the lowballing nonsense and just agree to list our characters by their highest feats. 

I assume these are supposed to be gifs, and they're not playing for me, but that might be a problem on my end? Anyway, that's alright because me point wasn't to lowball Circe or to say that she would lose because she got caught off guard and hit in a jokey manner. My point was that she has been hit by relatively slow projectiles before, even when she clearly saw them coming. I never said that Luffy is immune to getting hit, but it's important to point out that in the episode Circe is in, she's not some untouchable God. I already disproved the difference in combat speed, but even moreso, Circe herself hasn't reacted to or demonstrated light-speed attacks. She can reasonably be scaled to Wonder Woman to an extent, but her strength isn't even in her speed, it's in her AoE magic. However, the specific attack she used to throw WW and Batman back probably wouldn't work well on someone who can stretch their limbs and strike at her from many angles far faster than Wonder Woman can. 

54 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

And as for your argument that Luffy will be able to ambush Circe or finish her quickly, when has Luffy ever started a fight by ambushing his opponent or trying to take them out quickly? Your whole argument against Diana’s speed of light feats is that their not consistent enough, well has Luffy ever consistently ambushed or hid from his opponents? You know as well as I that Luffy has almost never fought smartly against his opponents, you know that he will almost always walk right up to them, talk about how he’s going to be king of the pirates, give a speech about the powers of friendship, and then start fighting them, and even then it’ll take him an episode and a half before he starts taking the fight seriously. And if her spells do require a line of sight or can be avoided why then was no one in the entire episode able to avoid her spells? Wonder Women again was able to deflect or dodge faster then light attacks but couldn’t defend against Circe’s opening attack. Batman, who in the series finale was able to dodge Darkseid’s OMEGA BEAMS, something Darkseid himself said no one was ever able to do before! Neither of them were able to avoid Circe’s initial attack despite Circe giving them plenty of time to prepare themselves. So sorry, but the proof seems to favor that her spells are unavoidable and happen instantly, no way is Luffy avoiding getting turned into a mouse.

The fact of the matter is that Luffy is at least comparable to Wonder Women in terms of strength and durability. He might be a few ticks faster then her, but considering the higher tier DCAU characters, which Circe definitely qualifies as, can react and block faster then light attacks, that advantage won’t due him much good. Especially since Circe can simply incapacitate him early in the fight, like she did against Wonder Women. So the way I see it, Luffy walks up to her, starts giving her his pre-fight speech, only for Circe to incapacitate and restrain him, then turns him into a mouse and steps on him. That’s all she wrote for him

The point about Luffy not ambushing is well-made, but I also don't think he would have to. In the same vein, Circe never opens a fight by transforming her opponents into animals, despite having no real reason not to, so assuming she uses the same kinds of spells she did against Diana and Batman, Luffy would definitely have the opportunity to use his powers to catch her off guard and hit her, and then roll that into pummeling her into submission. She literally never casts a spell without line of sight in the episode. She only casts the spell 4 times that I can remember, all on stationary targets except for the batarangs, and she never says or implies that she can cast it without line of sight. Batman dodging the Omega Beam is undeniably impressive, but not really relevant here, and was more of him blocking the Omega beam with a parademon. But I completely disagree with the "her spells happen instantly and are unavoidable" thing. Why didn't she just hit Wonder Woman and Batman the second she saw them? Why did she encase Wonder Woman in a giant hand if she could have just transformed her? The truth is that we don't really know the limits of her powers, but we never see her use it on a target moving quickly, we never see her cast a spell without line of sight, with a proximity to her target in a single direction. She undoes her own spell without line of sight, but that's heavily implied to be a very different thing when Batman asks her to lift the spell. 

I don't think there's enough of Circe to say that she "definitely qualifies" as an upper tier DCAU character. She's in one episode where she gets one spell off on a few characters. Granted, it is a very powerful spell, but she has no real durability or speed feats to speak of. She does react to Diana, and Diana has arguably reacted to light speed attacks before, but that means nothing about how fast Circe can react, because neither Diana nor Batman can actually move or attack at light speed. At most, she reacted to someone who can move, what, Supersonic? So scaling her reaction speed to Diana's reaction speed makes no sense. She also has no durability feats to speak of. For all we know, she would have gotten OHKO'd by Diana. The Vs Battle Wiki lists her durability as Small City Level, but again, that's only from scaling her to Diana, which doesn't really make much sense to me because we never see her take a hit from Diana. 

Your scenario is silly because of Luffy's Haki. Luffy moves faster than Wonder Woman, and even if we scale Circe directly to Luffy, that makes Luffy much faster than her. As soon as he predicts that she's about to make an attack on him, he would send a fist flying far faster than anything she herself has been shown to be able to react to right into her face, disrupting her spell and giving Luffy the chance to pummel her. Luffy's Haki completely invalidates the "She'll catch him monologuing" argument 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This is just wrong. There are many instances of light-speed attacks in One Piece, some of which are even stated to be so, and Luffy and his peers have dodged them before. 

Example 1, the most clear one, is explicitly stated here. You can't go with the explicit statement for Wonder Woman but ignore it for the One Piece characters.

Example 2. The attack is directly compared to another character's laser, and that character was said to be "the Light Logia man," so logically, his attacks are made of light. 

Another example of the same guy, from the anime, which makes it much more clear that these are light-based attacks, and Luffy is casually and mockingly dodging them.

Example (continued). Even this goofy dude is said to be attacking with photons, which move at the speed of light. This one is obviously more questionable, as the guy and Luffy exchange words between one of his shots firing and it connecting to a mirror behind Luffy, but it is explicitly stated to be a photon attack and photons travel at the speed of light. If we're just blindly accepting statements of light speed attacks to be true, then this one would also count and they're just talking really fast.

As for the Lantern speed being light-speed, there are so many anti-feats for this. Here's an easy example: 

In this clip, this shadow dude dodges three consecutive Green Lantern attacks point blank before being tackled by Vixen. Vixen is able to keep up with him in hand-to-hand, and he easily dodged multiple consecutive "light-speed" green lantern attacks, but Vixen is nowhere near relativistic in combat or reaction speed and it would be silly to imply that she is. 

Here's another example, at about 2:05 in this clip. The construct takes a full 2-3 seconds to fill in a gap that is at most a few hundred feet across. Clearly not light speed. It's not me low-balling the ring's speed, it's the ring's speed being wildly inconsistent and frequently being demonstrably not FTL. 

Even if we go by your standard, you're just wrong about Luffy never dodging light speed attacks. He has dodged many laser-based attacks and many attacks that are stated as being light speed, so either we accept dubious statements, and they can both dodge at roughly the same speed, or we scrutinize each instance of it, in which case it's just silly to say that all Lantern attacks and constructs move at light speed. 

Also, it bears mention that while you mention three opponents who you claim to be light-speed attackers, only 1 of them to my knowledge was explicitly stated to be light-speed, the rest are just scaling to him. That's perfectly fine and logical, if we accept that Sinestro is actually light speed, but it also applies to Luffy, who, as mentioned, has fought multiple opponents who are either stated to be light speed, fight with lasers, or both. 

I assume these are supposed to be gifs, and they're not playing for me, but that might be a problem on my end? Anyway, that's alright because me point wasn't to lowball Circe or to say that she would lose because she got caught off guard and hit in a jokey manner. My point was that she has been hit by relatively slow projectiles before, even when she clearly saw them coming. I never said that Luffy is immune to getting hit, but it's important to point out that in the episode Circe is in, she's not some untouchable God. I already disproved the difference in combat speed, but even moreso, Circe herself hasn't reacted to or demonstrated light-speed attacks. She can reasonably be scaled to Wonder Woman to an extent, but her strength isn't even in her speed, it's in her AoE magic. However, the specific attack she used to throw WW and Batman back probably wouldn't work well on someone who can stretch their limbs and strike at her from many angles far faster than Wonder Woman can. 

The point about Luffy not ambushing is well-made, but I also don't think he would have to. In the same vein, Circe never opens a fight by transforming her opponents into animals, despite having no real reason not to, so assuming she uses the same kinds of spells she did against Diana and Batman, Luffy would definitely have the opportunity to use his powers to catch her off guard and hit her, and then roll that into pummeling her into submission. She literally never casts a spell without line of sight in the episode. She only casts the spell 4 times that I can remember, all on stationary targets except for the batarangs, and she never says or implies that she can cast it without line of sight. Batman dodging the Omega Beam is undeniably impressive, but not really relevant here, and was more of him blocking the Omega beam with a parademon. But I completely disagree with the "her spells happen instantly and are unavoidable" thing. Why didn't she just hit Wonder Woman and Batman the second she saw them? Why did she encase Wonder Woman in a giant hand if she could have just transformed her? The truth is that we don't really know the limits of her powers, but we never see her use it on a target moving quickly, we never see her cast a spell without line of sight, with a proximity to her target in a single direction. She undoes her own spell without line of sight, but that's heavily implied to be a very different thing when Batman asks her to lift the spell. 

I don't think there's enough of Circe to say that she "definitely qualifies" as an upper tier DCAU character. She's in one episode where she gets one spell off on a few characters. Granted, it is a very powerful spell, but she has no real durability or speed feats to speak of. She does react to Diana, and Diana has arguably reacted to light speed attacks before, but that means nothing about how fast Circe can react, because neither Diana nor Batman can actually move or attack at light speed. At most, she reacted to someone who can move, what, Supersonic? So scaling her reaction speed to Diana's reaction speed makes no sense. She also has no durability feats to speak of. For all we know, she would have gotten OHKO'd by Diana. The Vs Battle Wiki lists her durability as Small City Level, but again, that's only from scaling her to Diana, which doesn't really make much sense to me because we never see her take a hit from Diana. 

Your scenario is silly because of Luffy's Haki. Luffy moves faster than Wonder Woman, and even if we scale Circe directly to Luffy, that makes Luffy much faster than her. As soon as he predicts that she's about to make an attack on him, he would send a fist flying far faster than anything she herself has been shown to be able to react to right into her face, disrupting her spell and giving Luffy the chance to pummel her. Luffy's Haki completely invalidates the "She'll catch him monologuing" argument 

I’m glad you brought up the VS Battle Wiki, because as according to it Luffy’s combat speed is listed as Relativistic+, not lightspeed:

87CFA663-795D-4028-B848-CD16FBBB568E.thumb.jpeg.07a777e7eb4675c7493982ac88e96cab.jpeg

The first example you listed does say the beams are moving light speed, but Luffy isn’t the one dodging them, Zoro is. The next couple of examples show the PX-Z model of Pacifista firing the laser beams, not the same model as the one who fought Zoro. And considering that several of the of the pirates seen in the manga and anime scene of Example 2 are also shown ducking from the blast that was directed at Luffy behind them, I’d say that counts as it’s own “anti-feat” against you, unless you wanna argue that all the pirates in that scene were also ducking at faster then light speeds.

As for the other feats you listed, those are “laser beams” not “lightspeed” attacks. It’s a pretty common misconception that laser beams are as fast as the speed of light, but the following link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.universetoday.com/109147/how-a-laser-appears-to-move-faster-than-light-and-why-it-really-isnt/amp/

clearly explains that laser beams actually shouldn’t and don’t count as speed of light feats. Albert Einstein himself pointed out that only light can travel at the speed of light, and the video clearly explains that laser beams are a man made contraption and not real sources of light, not like green lantern rings which are specifically said to be powered by the natural energy of light itself. Want more proof? Remember all those times Han Solo and Chewbacca dodged or avoided the blasters from stormtroopers? Blasters from Star Wars are also listed as laser beams, are Han and Chewie now listed as being able to dodge speed of light attacks? The answer is no, because man made laser beams are not as fast as the speed of light.

The reason I’m so focused on this point in particular is because it negates the argument that Luffy’s reaction speed is speed of light like Wonder Women is. Even taking Luffy’s Haki into consideration, the Sasuke’s Sharingon from Naruto clearly shows that just because a character has the ability to predict attacks doesn’t mean the character himself is fast enough to dodge them, in other words if Luffy’s combat reaction is only Relativistic+, then not even Haki would be able to help him dodge faster then light attacks. As I’ve stated earlier since Wonder Women (whose blocked actual light based attacks) couldn’t defend herself from Circe’s initial attack despite being on guard at that point, it implies that the attack was at least light speed in itself, which means if Circe opens with that attack, Luffy will have no way to prevent himself from being incapacitated like Diana was and then turned to a mouse while he was restrained. 

Edited by Pizzaguy2995

50 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I’m glad you brought up the VS Battle Wiki, because as according to it Luffy’s combat speed is listed as Relativistic+, not lightspeed:

Bringing up the Vs Battle Wiki isn't a good idea for you, because it 100% agrees with me. Luffy's reactions are faster (Relativistic+ for him, relativistic for her), his Luffy's combat speed is also faster (again, Relativistic+ vs. Relativistic IF you assume the lantern constructs are light speed). To put that into perspective, that means that Wonder Woman is 10-50% light speed, but Luffy is 50-100%, according to the Vs Battle Wiki's Speed page. Very importantly though, her movement speed is a relatively puny Supersonic, while Luffy's is at least Massively Hypersonic+. That means that, even if Diana is at the top of her tier and Luffy is at the very bottom of his, she's moving 3087 MPH, but he's moving 1,235,000.  His movement speed is over 400 times faster at the bare minimum. The maximum, for the record, is almost 8,000 times faster than her. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but the point is that while the combat speeds are similar (but unquestionably in Luffy's direction), meaning they can hang with the same tier of opponents in H2H, Luffy's actually movement is hundred or even thousands of times faster, according to the wiki. Also, you conveniently completely neglected to engage with the anti-feats for the Green Lantern constructs, which are the only argument for Wonder Woman being relativistic.

54 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

The first example you listed does say the beams are moving light speed, but Luffy isn’t the one dodging them, Zoro is. The next couple of examples show the PX-Z model of Pacifista firing the laser beams, not the same model as the one who fought Zoro. And considering that several of the of the pirates seen in the manga and anime scene of Example 2 are also shown ducking from the blast that was directed at Luffy behind them, I’d say that counts as it’s own “anti-feat” against you, unless you wanna argue that all the pirates in that scene were also ducking at faster then light speeds.

Saying that Luffy doesn't scale to Zoro is silly. They are the same tier on the Wiki, they fight the same opponents, and they are consistently shown to be on the same tier of speed. Like I said, you cannot scrutinize the One Piece feats for not being light speed if you're going to blindly accept that the JLU feats are. The GL anti-feats come to mind. Either we go by statements, in which Luffy has fought/scales to as many as, or arguably more, light speed fighters than Diana, or we scrutinize them, in which case you have to answer why a light speed construct took several seconds to cross a few hundred feet, and was dodged many times in a row by a being that is at best Supersonic.

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

As for the other feats you listed, those are “laser beams” not “lightspeed” attacks. It’s a pretty common misconception that laser beams are as fast as the speed of light, but the following link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.universetoday.com/109147/how-a-laser-appears-to-move-faster-than-light-and-why-it-really-isnt/amp/

clearly explains that laser beams actually shouldn’t and don’t count as speed of light feats. Albert Einstein himself pointed out that only light can travel at the speed of light, and the video clearly explains that laser beams are a man made contraption and not real sources of light, not like green lantern rings which are specifically said to be powered by the natural energy of light itself. Want more proof? Remember all those times Han Solo and Chewbacca dodged or avoided the blasters from stormtroopers? Blasters from Star Wars are also listed as laser beams, are Han and Chewie now listed as being able to dodge speed of light attacks? The answer is no, because man made laser beams are not as fast as the speed of light.

This argument is ridiculous. Obviously in real life, nothing can break the speed of light, but in fiction, literally anything is possible. The Flash in the JLU series breaks the speed of light, something which Einstein said was impossible, but we accept it because fiction doesn't have to adhere to the laws of physics. Humanoids also can't fly without wings, but Wonder Woman can do so because fictional beings don't have to adhere to real world physics. Also, the argument itself doesn't even work, because the Example #4 isn't using lasers, he is literally explicitly said to be manipulating photons, and his attacks react how light-based attacks should react, such as bouncing off mirrors. Even if we buy this argument, it still doesn't mean that Diana is faster because it invalidates the Lantern rings being as fast as light, because while they may be light-based, they are clearly more than just light and therefore, if we are adhering strictly to physics as we understand them, would be slower than the speed of light. Finally, the Star Wars argument is the silliest thing in this entire comment because Star Wars lasers aren't even light-based, they are plasma based and just emit light. Even if this argument had anything to do with Star Wars, which it definitely doesn't, this would be a pointless tangent because we're talking about pure light-based attacks and Star Wars lasers simply emit light.

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

The reason I’m so focused on this point in particular is because it negates the argument that Luffy’s reaction speed is speed of light like Wonder Women is. Even taking Luffy’s Haki into consideration, the Sasuke’s Sharingon from Naruto clearly shows that just because a character has the ability to predict attacks doesn’t mean the character himself is fast enough to dodge them, in other words if Luffy’s combat reaction is only Relativistic+, then not even Haki would be able to help him dodge faster then light attacks. As I’ve stated earlier since Wonder Women (whose blocked actual light based attacks) couldn’t defend herself from Circe’s initial attack despite being on guard at that point, it implies that the attack was at least light speed in itself, which means if Circe opens with that attack, Luffy will have no way to prevent himself from being incapacitated like Diana was and then turned to a mouse while he was restrained. 

Luffy's reaction speed is faster than Wonder Woman's, or at the very least is no slower than. Crucially though, his movement speed is much faster, which means that he would literally be running circles around Circe, like I said in my first comment. You have provided no actual evidence that Wonder Woman is faster than Luffy in any regard, the Vs Battle Wiki agrees with me, the feats put them at at least the same level, and Luffy's movement speed and precog give him distinct advantages that Wonder Woman simply doesn't have. Also, no, it doesn't imply that the attack is light speed. Wonder Woman gets tagged all the time by slower than light speed attacks. It might just mean she got hit. Not every character who lands a hit on Superman is light speed. It's an AoE attack that she wasn't expecting, at least not the specific nature of it. Luffy has precog that would warn him, and is much faster than Circe in terms of actual movement speed, so he would be able to react and hit first, hit hard, and hit continuously until she's knocked out

11 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Bringing up the Vs Battle Wiki isn't a good idea for you, because it 100% agrees with me. Luffy's reactions are faster (Relativistic+ for him, relativistic for her), his Luffy's combat speed is also faster (again, Relativistic+ vs. Relativistic IF you assume the lantern constructs are light speed). To put that into perspective, that means that Wonder Woman is 10-50% light speed, but Luffy is 50-100%, according to the Vs Battle Wiki's Speed page. Very importantly though, her movement speed is a relatively puny Supersonic, while Luffy's is at least Massively Hypersonic+. That means that, even if Diana is at the top of her tier and Luffy is at the very bottom of his, she's moving 3087 MPH, but he's moving 1,235,000.  His movement speed is over 400 times faster at the bare minimum. The maximum, for the record, is almost 8,000 times faster than her. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but the point is that while the combat speeds are similar (but unquestionably in Luffy's direction), meaning they can hang with the same tier of opponents in H2H, Luffy's actually movement is hundred or even thousands of times faster, according to the wiki. Also, you conveniently completely neglected to engage with the anti-feats for the Green Lantern constructs, which are the only argument for Wonder Woman being relativistic.

Saying that Luffy doesn't scale to Zoro is silly. They are the same tier on the Wiki, they fight the same opponents, and they are consistently shown to be on the same tier of speed. Like I said, you cannot scrutinize the One Piece feats for not being light speed if you're going to blindly accept that the JLU feats are. The GL anti-feats come to mind. Either we go by statements, in which Luffy has fought/scales to as many as, or arguably more, light speed fighters than Diana, or we scrutinize them, in which case you have to answer why a light speed construct took several seconds to cross a few hundred feet, and was dodged many times in a row by a being that is at best Supersonic.

This argument is ridiculous. Obviously in real life, nothing can break the speed of light, but in fiction, literally anything is possible. The Flash in the JLU series breaks the speed of light, something which Einstein said was impossible, but we accept it because fiction doesn't have to adhere to the laws of physics. Humanoids also can't fly without wings, but Wonder Woman can do so because fictional beings don't have to adhere to real world physics. Also, the argument itself doesn't even work, because the Example #4 isn't using lasers, he is literally explicitly said to be manipulating photons, and his attacks react how light-based attacks should react, such as bouncing off mirrors. Even if we buy this argument, it still doesn't mean that Diana is faster because it invalidates the Lantern rings being as fast as light, because while they may be light-based, they are clearly more than just light and therefore, if we are adhering strictly to physics as we understand them, would be slower than the speed of light. Finally, the Star Wars argument is the silliest thing in this entire comment because Star Wars lasers aren't even light-based, they are plasma based and just emit light. Even if this argument had anything to do with Star Wars, which it definitely doesn't, this would be a pointless tangent because we're talking about pure light-based attacks and Star Wars lasers simply emit light.

Luffy's reaction speed is faster than Wonder Woman's, or at the very least is no slower than. Crucially though, his movement speed is much faster, which means that he would literally be running circles around Circe, like I said in my first comment. You have provided no actual evidence that Wonder Woman is faster than Luffy in any regard, the Vs Battle Wiki agrees with me, the feats put them at at least the same level, and Luffy's movement speed and precog give him distinct advantages that Wonder Woman simply doesn't have. Also, no, it doesn't imply that the attack is light speed. Wonder Woman gets tagged all the time by slower than light speed attacks. It might just mean she got hit. Not every character who lands a hit on Superman is light speed. It's an AoE attack that she wasn't expecting, at least not the specific nature of it. Luffy has precog that would warn him, and is much faster than Circe in terms of actual movement speed, so he would be able to react and hit first, hit hard, and hit continuously until she's knocked out

Your not listening to me, we agree that Luffy’s movement speed is faster then Diana’s, where we lose each other is whether or not Luffy’s reaction speed are speed of light or not. I’ve shown you Luffy’s VS Battle page and not only does it list him Relativistic, but it mentions no examples of him blocking or dodging speed of light attacks, Diana’s page does: 

4F1B4F90-039A-425A-8946-CB3ECDB2EE99.thumb.jpeg.4857227d51fc0ebc8cd3f9a697f80102.jpegD89680BB-49A2-4F50-8808-3EE276D0766B.thumb.png.ba362167b9f3f4f00d8e00738cbb2dcd.png

See? It listed Diana blocking Lantern power rings as an example of blocking speed of light attacks, yet Luffy’s page makes no notes of his dodging PX-Z’s attack as a faster then light attack dodge. Why you may ask? Well let’s really examine the technology behind the Green Lanterns and the PX-Z shall we?

The Green Lantern corps is an intergalactic military force that regularly patrols the known universe correct? So they do have the technology to regularly travel across the universe from galaxy to galaxy, often in a very short amount of time yes? So if they have the ability to travel at least light speed, wouldn’t it makes sense that their weapons attack at light speed too? That is why the VS wiki so confidently lists Lantern attacks as light speed, it matches the technology of that setting and is performed by individuals who have shown the ability to travel that fast. 

Meanwhile, the wiki can’t necessarily classify Luffy’s dodging of the PX-Z’s attack as an example of light speed because the technology of One Piece doesn’t match that feat. Remember the PX-Z was designed by the Marines of the World Government right? The same group that still sails wooden ships that take days if not months to cross the oceans, who still use flintlock guns in battle, and whose own clothing shows that they are at most at a renaissance era technological level. Now what makes more sense; that a group of people that still use wooden ships and flintlock pistols have simultaneously learned to create beams of energy that fire at the speed of light (something a more technologically advance society like ours still hasn’t been able to do) or is it more likely that the PX-Z fires laser beam weapons that likely only fire at a rate similar to the firearms more common of said setting. Also remember that in the Example 2 video you showed me: 

Clearly shows the lower tier pirates ducking the PX-Z “lightspeed” attack. At 0:50 we see several of the pirates on the ground seemingly dead, except at 2:24 we see all of them on their feet again, showing that they ducked under the attack. So are these clearly lower tier pirates also speed of light dodgers or was the beam simply as fast as the standard firearm?

So based on these facts, we can safely assume that VS wiki was correct to not list the PX-Z dodge as a speed of light feat, meaning again Luffy is not a lightspeed dodger. Thus my argument that Circe could simply incapacitate him with a spell she used to incapacitate Wondy (who according to VS BATTLE WIKI has blocked light speed attacks) then it stands to reason that it can be used to incapacitate Luffy the same way. Now your right that strength wise Luffy could overwhelm and knock her out, but not instantly, as an immortal women whose thousands of years old and who ran afoul of the Amazons, (the warrior women who literally live on top of the gates of Tartarus and guard the world of men from it’s demons) I think it’s safe to say she’s no stranger to taking punishment, and can take Luffy’s hits much better then Luffy can take being turned into a mouse. 

22 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Your not listening to me, we agree that Luffy’s movement speed is faster then Diana’s, where we lose each other is whether or not Luffy’s reaction speed are speed of light or not. I’ve shown you Luffy’s VS Battle page and not only does it list him Relativistic, but it mentions no examples of him blocking or dodging speed of light attacks, Diana’s page does: 

Okay, I'm not going point-for-point with everything, because there's really no point when you just refuse to engage with most of my arguments, so I'm not going to bother repeating those points. Maybe you just don't understand, but Diana's reactions aren't listed as light-speed, they're listed as relativistic, because even though the Vs Battle Wiki agrees that the Lantern attacks are light-speed, it doesn't agree that Diana has ever point-blank dodged them. It considers her dodging/blocking them as aim-dodging/blocking because she blocks them at a distance and the ring charges up before it shoots, so she has time to prepare to know where to block.

Reaction speed is the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.

For example, let's say that character A shoots at character B with a gun and character B dodges. That is reaction speed. Keep in mind, sometimes a person aim dodges and it is not as good of a feat.

As another example, let's say that character A uses a minigun on character B, but the minigun takes a second or two to charge up and Character B sees this. If Character B dodges it is considered aim dodging since he/she knew that the attack was going to happen.

Reaction speed is reacting to an attack that you don't know is going to happen, or at a very close range. The reaction speed of a character also tends to be higher than its movement speed.

So yet again you're just 100% wrong about what the wiki says she can do. The wiki lists Luffy as being faster in literally every way, reaction speed included. It's as simple as that. 

Yet again, you scrutinize one feat I pointed while ignoring the others. Yet again, you refuse to actually engage with the criticism of the ring's speed, like it taking several seconds to fill that gap in the canyon or being dodged repeatedly and point-blank by a being that is subsequently taken out by a street tier being, but you blindly accept that the Lantern Ring is light speed while heavily scrutinizing one of the many feats I posted. What about the feat where they outright say the attack is light speed, and someone who scales directly to Luffy dodges them? What about the attack that is said to be made of photons?

Also, your analysis of the video itself is also completely wrong. After the shot fires, we see a static shot of the pirates that zooms in, then it cuts to Luffy's face, then the explosion, then Luffy's disguise falling off, and finally we see the pirates again, with some of them lying on the ground, so it's entirely possible (and even much more logical) that they hit the deck after the explosion went off, rather than in reaction to the shot being fired itself. I've rewatched the video twice now and can confidently say there is no point in the video where we see anyone other than Luffy react to one of those shots directly at all, so your entire analysis is just completely wrong